Captains Club Zenith numbers?

djh

I'm just curious. Does anybody know approximately how many CC Zeniths there are? I sailed recently with a lady that was Zenith and she told me but that number seemed very low compared to Royals pinnacles.

I'm just curious. Does anybody know approximately how many CC Zeniths there are? I sailed recently with a lady that was Zenith and she told me but that number seemed very low compared to Royals pinnacles.

Arno keeps a list of all Zeniths. In April DW and I were about 47-48. There have been about 10 added since then. Not all on the list still cruise, but are counted as Zenith. There appears to be another 8 or so in the pipeline. It will become more difficult to reach the Zenith level as people with "old " points begin to fade. In the past I've projected 60 to 70 Zeniths actively cruising and would stick by that prediction. Nice perks if one reaches Zenith, but the joy is in the journey. Hope this helps.

Arno keeps a list of all Zeniths. In April DW and I were about 47-48. There have been about 10 added since then. Not all on the list still cruise, but are counted as Zenith. There appears to be another 8 or so in the pipeline. It will become more difficult to reach the Zenith level as people with "old " points begin to fade. In the past I've projected 60 to 70 Zeniths actively cruising and would stick by that prediction. Nice perks if one reaches Zenith, but the joy is in the journey. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick response. Interesting, I wish that I could cruise enough to become Zenith but I'm sure that will never happen!

I don't know, how hard it is and what you mean by "in the pipeline". This year? Next year?

If we keep cruising at the rate we are, and sail everything we have booked we'd be Zenith in 2017 or 2018. Probably 2018 as I can't believe we'll keep cruising at the rate we are but who knows? We'll made it halfway there in 4 years. It is faster for us under the new system.

If you sail a penthouse on two 14 day cruises a year, for 6 years, you'd be Zenith. There are those that do more than this with, one Westbound, and one Eastbound TA a year. Add in 1 or two other cruises in a suite (not PH) or a B2B on either end or it would cut down the time it takes significantly. There are other ways too without going broke, but I guess that is all relative.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I don't know, how hard it is and what you mean by "in the pipeline". This year? Next year?

If we keep cruising at the rate we are, and sail everything we have booked we'd be Zenith in 2017 or 2018. Probably 2018 as I can't believe we'll keep cruising at the rate we are but who knows? We'll made it halfway there in 4 years. It is faster for us under the new system.

If you sail a penthouse on two 14 day cruises a year, for 6 years, you'd be Zenith. There are those that do more than this with, one Westbound, and one Eastbound TA a year. Add in 1 or two other cruises in a suite (not PH) or a B2B on either end or it would cut down the time it takes significantly. There are other ways too without going broke, but I guess that is all relative.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I think I'd rather go on 2 or 3 every year in a balcony for 20 years and never get there! For what? A few trinkets or after spending hundreds of thousands they give you a single cruise? Whoopee! I just enjoy every day I am not a ship. I make my own perks! Next month will be #68 and the only person who cares is me!

Happy cruising everyone!

There appears to be another 8 or so in the pipeline. It will become more difficult to reach the Zenith level as people with "old " points begin to fade. In the past I've projected 60 to 70 Zeniths actively cruising and would stick by that prediction.

I'd agree that's a reasonable number, but would actually predict it would rise slightly over time.

It's not reachable for the majority, but if you're a regular high-end traveller it is more achievable.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

"In the pipeline" to me is within the next 6-12 months. Should have been more careful with my choice of words.

The system is designed to encourage the high end cruiser. It really costs little to nothing to move the highest spenders to Zenith since the new top Suite perks will exceed the Zenith benefits.

Hope I'm on the cruise when you become Zenith and able to join in the celebration.

I think I'd rather go on 2 or 3 every year in a balcony for 20 years and never get there! For what? A few trinkets or after spending hundreds of thousands they give you a single cruise? Whoopee! I just enjoy every day I am not a ship. I make my own perks! Next month will be #68 and the only person who cares is me!

Happy cruising everyone!

I guess I don't understand this response. You'd rather go on a cruise every 2-3 years vs 2-3x per year?

We're lucky enough to be self employed, cruise 2-3 times per year, with one of those an extended cruise. We chose, and are able to book suites. That's our choice. It has never been about getting there for us, but the fun of doing it and we started long before Elite+ or Zenith were even options. I was merely saying that it is not that hard for some to get there with the new system, and threre are a number who are going to get there pretty quickly. We're a likely example, if we continue to enjoy Celebrity, but we're likely to start sailing other lines as well, as we get more bored with the itineraries available during the times we can sail.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Do any of you current Zeniths know anything about the charitable donation Celebrity makes in the name of the new Zenith? Do you get to pick the charity or is it Celebrity's choice?

Good question. Celebrity donates $100 in the name of a the new Zenith member. There is a list of about 6 charities as I recall and you select from the list. My DW indicated the Breast Cancer Foundation and I selected Make a Wish. Don't recall the others on the list. Wonderful gesture and I hope that at least some might be encouraged to do a match.

"In the pipeline" to me is within the next 6-12 months. Should have been more careful with my choice of words.

The system is designed to encourage the high end cruiser. It really costs little to nothing to move the highest spenders to Zenith since the new top Suite perks will exceed the Zenith benefits.

Hope I'm on the cruise when you become Zenith and able to join in the celebration.

I guess I'd also say, it depends on dining as we've definitely gotte pretty bored of the menues across the ships. So this could impact the number of cruises we'll do on Celebrity. We've been sailing more on the M-Class ships with the itineraries we've been choosing, which means there aren't as many options, even with MDR, Blue and 2 specialties. We've been told the MDR is ready for an overhaul late this year, which will be welcome by many. Hopefully this means improvements and not cutbacks. Improvements would be a departure from what's clearly been going on, even if the experience is still nice.

Of course, the new suite dining room in April could change all of this for us:)

Happy sailing,

Jenna

It really costs little to nothing to move the highest spenders to Zenith since the new top Suite perks will exceed the Zenith benefits.

Too true for those, like us, who do not live on the east coast of the USA and have extremely high travel insurance costs, as we would never take up the complimentary cruise! Many people must book the top suites for the same reasons as us - the "other costs" associated with a cruise mean that fewer cruises in more expensive accommodation are the only ones that make economic sense.

Don't they just take a percentage off a booked cruise and call that your "complimentary" cruise? Seems like there was some language like that, so if the passengers want a 14 day cruise they can get part of the cost taken care off that way

At 3000 points you receive a 7 day cruise in a veranda cabin. I will be in a 1A for a cruise in January and paid $187 in port charges and taxes for DW and I. If we wanted a Sky Suite we would be responsible for the difference between the 1A price and the Suite price. If we decided to take a ten day cruise we'd pay the per day price for the 3 additional days. You also receive any perks that are in place at the time of booking. Hope this makes sense.

Edited by Orator

At 3000 points you receive a 7 day cruise in a veranda cabin. I will be in a 1A for a cruise in January and paid $187 in port charges and taxes for DW and I. If we wanted a Sky Suite we would be responsible for the difference between the 1A price and the Suite price. If we decided to take a ten day cruise we'd pay the per day price for the 3 additional days. You also receive any perks that are in place at the time of booking. Hope this makes sense.

Good to know. Doubt I could get the other half to sail in a 1A.

Can we give it away? We could probably do it twice, if we had others join us on the cruise, once for each cabin, and just swap who was booked in each rooms. probably never would, but like beverage packages, we should be able to.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks for the quick response. Interesting, I wish that I could cruise enough to become Zenith but I'm sure that will never happen!

My DH and I have talked to people on the ship who take a few cruises a year and stay in the Royal or Penthouse suites and have been doing it for many years! Those people will be the one's who reach Zenith status!

Since the highest category my DH and I have cruised in is Celebrity suite (not very often), I think we will never exceed Elite plus. But we love each and every cruise- so not such a big deal IMO. We are happy to be able to afford three cruises a year and like to go on a different cruise line once in a while.

Edited by Cruise a holic

For a new cruiser, it would take over 200 7-day cruises in an outside cabin or 142 7-day cruises in a verandah to become Zenith - not something the average cruiser can realistically achieve.

People who were close to Zenith after the points conversion may reach Zenith; after that, really only frequent suite travelers will have a decent chance. Those in the top suites will get there fairly quickly; the problem is that, come April, those booking the top suites will get many of the Zenith perks anyways. And anyone who can afford the top suites several times a year probably can pay for whatever perk they want without feeling the pinch too much.

I'm looking forward to my first royal suite next year, but I'm unlikely to make a habit of it, so Zenith, based on my usual sailing habits, will likely happen when I'm in my mid-80's. Not sure it will mean much to me at that point. :rolleyes:

Those in the top suites will get there fairly quickly; the problem is that, come April, those booking the top suites will get many of the Zenith perks anyways. And anyone who can afford the top suites several times a year probably can pay for whatever perk they want without feeling the pinch too much.

They will receive ALL of the Zenith benefits plus unlimited internet, in room bar set ups, a private Restaurant, dining as much as they like in Specialty Restaurants at no additional charge. The more you pay, the more you get.

For a new cruiser, it would take over 200 7-day cruises in an outside cabin or 142 7-day cruises in a verandah to become Zenith - not something the average cruiser can realistically achieve.

People who were close to Zenith after the points conversion may reach Zenith; after that, really only frequent suite travelers will have a decent chance. Those in the top suites will get there fairly quickly; the problem is that, come April, those booking the top suites will get many of the Zenith perks anyways. And anyone who can afford the top suites several times a year probably can pay for whatever perk they want without feeling the pinch too much.

I'm looking forward to my first royal suite next year, but I'm unlikely to make a habit of it, so Zenith, based on my usual sailing habits, will likely happen when I'm in my mid-80's. Not sure it will mean much to me at that point. :rolleyes:

We came to similar conclusions..booking generally between AQ and SS. However, in my fatansies I could see doing what other zeniths do when cash is more valuable than time. 1A with a Z package..

It certainly makes sense to reward your customers who spend the most money; however, if suite passengers eventually will be the only ones who can attain that status, the perks may not mean that much to them if their suite includes those perks anyways.

Edited by BrendaJ

Interesting that you still have to pay the port fees and taxes, not exactly a free cruise.