Suite vs. Aqua

notjaded

Thanks in advance to all the knowledgeable folks who choose to reply:

We were just upgraded from Aqua Class to a Sky Suite on the Millennium. As far as I can tell, having chosen this upgrade, we will not be getting complimentary bottled water in the cabin each day.

For those who have done Sky Suites before, is this correct?

Anything else we will miss? I know about Persian Garden access is not complimentary, and that Blu is on "Space Available."

Thanks!

Edited by notjaded

We were just upgraded from Aqua Class to a Sky Suite on the Millennium. As far as I can tell, having chosen this upgrade, we will not be getting complimentary bottled water in the cabin each day.

Anything else we will miss? I know about Persian Garden access is not complimentary, and that Blu is on "Space Available."

Thanks!

What is a bottle of water worth - maybe $3? If you are on a 14 day cruise, that is only $51. Big deal.

DON

You sound disappointed that you have been upgraded. Why not look at the benefits of being in a suite?

To answer your question there is also the flavoured cold tea infusion that you get every day in AQ. Other than that and the things you have mentioned I can't think of anything that you will miss. The 2 bottles of water are only 500ml each so I wouldn't get too upset at losing them. If you have a free beverage package you can easily take bottles back to your suite.

OD

Edited by Officer Dibble

You sound disappointed that you have been upgraded. Why not look at the benefits of being in a suite?

To answer your question there is also the flavoured cold tea infusion that you get every day in AQ. Other than that and the things you have mentioned I can't think of anything that you will miss. The 2 bottles of water are only 500ml each so I wouldn't get too upset at losing them. If you have a free beverage package you can easily take bottles back to your suite.

OD

Apparently, you and the last poster feel compelled to read into my question and/or impute mood states to me. This is perplexing: I thought I asked a simple question and requested knowledgeable people to respond.

To use your own expression your question was simple but perplexing. You also partially answered it yourself. I provided a further piece of information. Enjoy your Sky suite.

I'm always pleased when helpful people respond, for that is Cruise Critic at its best. Thank you for your kind reply.

Thanks!

I understand your concerns. We drink A LOT more than two little bottles of water a day and that WOULD be a consideration for us too. In Aqua you get a "standard" two bottles but if you ask your attendant they will bring more, at least they certainly have on the 5 different AQ rooms we have had. You will not get free water in the SS. Don't think that that would deter me from taking the upgrade though. Where was your Aqua room located? That would be the big decider for me. If on 9th floor then it's a no brainer and the SS is the better option, but if in the new rooms on 11 might not be such an easy decision. We loved those rooms on Connie. It sounds like you've already accepted the upgrade so go with it and enjoy. As far as Blu is concerned it is indeed on a "space available" basis which means if you want in at primetime(7PM ish) you might get turned away but if you go off peak times you should be fine.....enjoy, have a great cruise!!:)

You also won't get a smaller room (roughly 175 sq ft for AQ vs 299 for SS), blue sea pass card, and some of the worst locations re-branded as AQ class (others may have a different opinion)...

9th floor -- yes

11th floor -- nope, great location, great rooms.....

I book AquaClass because it guarantees me access to Blu, which I consider a superior dining experience in food choice, preparation, presentation and service. I know that Suite guests are admitted to Blu on a space available basis, but that's not good enough for me.

I book AquaClass because it guarantees me access to Blu, which I consider a superior dining experience in food choice, preparation, presentation and service. I know that Suite guests are admitted to Blu on a space available basis, but that's not good enough for me.

I agree. We spend very little time in the cabin so a suite would be wasted on us. But to others, a suite is very desirable.

We just returned from 11 days in an S1 on Silhoutte. The bottled water was not free. We did not miss it. Also, we checked the menu in Blu each night since we had eaten in Blu every night on our previous cruise in an S1. This time we choose the MDR every time except for our two complimentary specialty meals after comparing the menu. We had great food and service in traditional dining and only ate in Blu once for breakfast. Enjoy your extra space and suite perks.

I have sailed in both types of staterooms. And each is nice, but I think the Sky Suite wins out.

With the additional cabin and balcony space in the Sky Suite, we found we spent more time in the room. The butler serving full in-suite meals (with table cloth and place setting, dinner served course by course, enjoying a romantic dinner on your patio), afternoon specialty coffee and snacks on your balcony, and reserved theatre seating, all make the Suite experience a better experience than the Aqua experience. The breakfast room service menu is even more expanded in the Sky Suite than in the Aqua class room.

I don't think you will miss much by not being in Aqua Class. Blu, I don't think you will have have a problem eating there if you are flexible, so I don't think that will be missed. Definitely try Blu for breakfast, it was our favorite meal at Blu. Persian Gardens, if you enjoy this then you can always get a day pass but you will have to pay. I tend to go once or twice a cruise while DH doesn't enjoy it. We are elite, so we get two free passes.

We always have a beverage package, so the water is not an issue for us. I you have a package, just grab a few on your way back to the cabin. We do not enjoy the flavored tea and asked the steward to remove it as it took up room.

Enjoy your Sky Suite, you will love it!

Sky Suit Amenities

• European-trained butler service to help you pack/unpack, make spa appointments, dinner reservations, shore excursions and more
  • Reserved theatre seating on formal nights
  • Full in-suite breakfast, lunch & dinner service
  • Afternoon canapés and tea service
  • Complimentary daily in-suite espresso and cappuccino
  • One complimentary dinner for all guests in suite (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant*
  • Priority check-in & debarkation
  • Priority tender service
  • Main & specialty restaurant seating preferences
  • Bulgari luxury bath amenities
  • Plush bathrobe
  • Oversized 100% cotton bath towels
  • Pillow menu
  • Fresh Flowers
  • Spacious veranda
  • Hansgrohe® showerhead

Aqua Class Amenities

• A Personal Spa Concierge to arrange Spa treatments
  • Daily delivery of bottled water and tea
  • Priority check-in
  • Express luggage delivery
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Complimentary shoeshine service
  • Exclusive access to Blu, a specialty restaurant featuring "clean cuisine" that also serves complimentary breakfast every day
  • Upgraded room service menu
  • Complimentary access to the Persian Garden and Relaxation Room (Relaxation Room on Solstice Class only)
  • Aromatherapy diffuser
  • Pillow menu
  • Additional bathroom amenities, including shower gel, facial spray and lip balm
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Slippers
  • On-demand wellness programming including meditation and yoga
  • Hansgrohe® shower panel
  • Fog-free mirror

If you have a drink package or purchase a non alcoholic you will get water. Also you can just check it in at the port. you can bring all the water and soda on board you want.

I frequently book AQ but would rather have a suite anyday.

Have a great cruise!

Unfortunately no free water. I've also wondered why not, but it's been no big deal. We either get some at the elite cocktail party and bring it back to the room (because neither of us needs or wants 3 cocktails each in 2 hours!!) or buy it. We've never had a beverage package but I do plan to get a premium non alcoholic package on my upcoming TA on Equinox, specifically for the water and tea. OK, and also a virgin daiquiri or smoothie now and then...

We also have sometimes gotten a case of water on our way to the port and it's delivered to the room. We had the taxi driver stop in front of a Walgreens and we were in and out in 2 min. On one cruise on Eclipse, I asked (because it was our first suite and honestly I didn't know) our butler if we got water. He said he wasn't sure. That was day 2, and every day after that there were always about 5 or 6 bottles in the room. They just appeared ;) We gave him a large tip.

We have stayed in both AQ and suites (more often in S1 suites) and in 6 or 7 cruises we have not again eaten in the MDR. We have never had the slightest issue eating in Blu. Yes it's space available but space has always been available. And we have never once felt like we were an imposition or taking someone else's place as there were always, on even the most crowded nights, at least a couple tables remaining. As a matter of fact we let the maitre d' of Blu know on the first day that he can transfer our tips from the MDR as we won't be using it.

We never used Persian Gardens while in AQ but we *do* like the relaxation room at the front of the ship. There is so much more about the spa area than just those heated loungers, and it's all available to anyone - some is free, some is for pay, but it's definitely not just reserved for Aqua Class pax.

Have a great time! You'll enjoy the bit of extra space in your room. And the other amenities.

For our cruises, Relaxation Room has been for AQ pax and those with spa appts ...not sure about suites or those w/ Persian Gardens pass, but not open to all guests....way too small for that!

we book AQ mostly for Blu but the access to PG and Relaxation room are also a big plus,,,

Have not tried a suite yet,....,,seems always just beyond our budget...but the dedicated dining area and Michaels access may make it worth it in the future..at least once!

Thanks for all the helpful and encouraging responses. We did commit to the Sky Suite (and have the largest one on the ship), and the water issue was never a factor in the decision.I just realized afterward that the water was a lost benefit. No biggie: Since we already had two free drink packages, I had been thinking of of selecting another benefit instead, particularly since the suite offers cappuccinos ensuite. I'll stick to the drink packages as Mrs notjaded and I consume legion amounts of water and cappuccinos.

Edited by notjaded

We also have sometimes gotten a case of water on our way to the port and it's delivered to the room. We had the taxi driver stop in front of a Walgreens and we were in and out in 2 min. On one cruise on Eclipse, I asked (because it was our first suite and honestly I didn't know) our butler if we got water. He said he wasn't sure. That was day 2, and every day after that there were always about 5 or 6 bottles in the room. They just appeared ;) We gave him a large tip.

Hi ClaudiaB! I am very curious about your experience of getting a case of water delivered to your cabin. We have done this when sailing Holland America, but did not know that we could with Celebrity. Was your water packed in clear wrapping or a cardboard box? Cool that you were able to do this. Thanks for all the tips above (and more).

Thanks for all the helpful and encouraging responses. We did commit to the Sky Suite (and have the largest one on the ship), and the water issue was never a factor in the decision.I just realized afterward that the water was a lost benefit. No biggie: Since we already had two free drink packages, I had been thinking of of selecting another benefit instead, particularly since the suite offers cappuccinos ensuite. I'll stick to the drink packages as Mrs notjaded and I consume legion amounts of water and cappuccinos.

I am curious, as we are having our first M class in a couple of months. Was it the biggest balcony you chose or a bigger SS cabin? Thank you.