Is Royal transitioning concierge lounge into a suites only lounge?

I like those meals with an officer, they usually end up with very interesting conversation.
FR has a very nice Breakfast with a group of officers -- 2 per table for 340 and up. This used to be for D and up then D+ and up but it got too big. We were seated during our May, 2014 cruise with the Hotel Director and the Human Relations Director last time. Really enjoyable. I think the Captain's table was all Pinnacle. On the cruise prior to that in Jan., we had lunch with the Captain and one officer -- about 10-12 of us.

If the suite brochure is to be believed as the path RCI is taking fleetwide, there really isn't a need for a D+ category. Only thing you really get beyond D then is an extra $25 off a balcony or higher

We also get some free bags of laundry and the addition to the Amenity Gift. We just got off the October 19th voyage on Grandeur, and I think there were Diamond Plus in the Concierge Lounge. We weren't completely sure since they let us in as GS guests, and the letter from the Concierge told us the loungs was for Suite Guests only.

I am Diamond level and have never booked a cabin larger than a balcony. We stayed in inside rooms for three cruises and then graduated to balconies mostly. We have stayed in a few Promenade rooms, too.

At the rate we are going, we will probably never make it to Diamond Plus, but I'm still enjoying my cruises. We have only visited a Diamond Lounge twice, once on the Independence and once on the Oasis. The Independence won for the lovely sea view. I understand the Diamond Lounge is moving on the Oasis and will have windows.

We cruise with someone who is not Diamond level yet, and almost always have a drink somewhere else with him. He is a single cruiser and has been getting double points for his cabins. He also pays double or close to it. He is gaining on us and will soon pass us.

The feeling that something is being taken away that you had before is not a good feeling, so Diamond Plus members will miss the suites lounge. They may get the Diamond Lounge and Diamond members may be kicked out. This would create the same type of problem.

Making this type of change is never a good idea for a company. People get upset. There must be a better way to do this.

On my last cruise in April on Navigator CL was so crowded we normally could not get a seat , we were in a GS, but diamond lounge I thought was even nicer than CL since it had the ocean view and same snacks. We also had drink package so the free stuff was no big deal.

Funny, maybe 525 would be Pinnacle Minus and 340/350 would be Pinnacle Minus Minus. The other name I have read on this board has been black diamond.

Maybe we all could start at Pinnacle with a string of minuses and just drop them as we move up the chain.

We had a Freedom cruise then immediately an Enchantment cruise, of course with one day in Cocoa Beach. This was late October to early November.

Our Freedom welcome letter (We are D+) told us all about the DIAMOND lounge only and had NO mention of the concierge lounge . The Enchantment cruise had all info about the CONCIERGE lounge and never mentioned the diamond lounge . Our key worked for the Freedom CL and used that lounge for morning coffee since it was closer to our cabin. Hardly went to either lounge on either ship in the evening.

enjoy

M

On the Oasis TA D+ could go to the Suites Lounge only for the evening but not during the day. On the next cruise D+ could not go in the Suite Lounge at all. The Concierge Lounge was not open to anyone on the TA. We were told the CL would be coverted to the restaurant Wonderland.65a587df92d96fb78157148ae27c7ca9.jpga1062005dda55c1ee80b42e1c61c2564.jpg494f96a7ecf112db32bd01b7753f2623.jpg

On the Oasis TA D+ could go to the Suites Lounge only for the evening but not during the day. On the next cruise D+ could not go in the Suite Lounge at all. The Concierge Lounge was not open to anyone on the TA. We were told the CL would be coverted to the restaurant Wonderland.

Fabulous photos! Thanks for sharing.