Is the Turkey on Thanksgiving a Processed Turkey Loaf??

ready2cruzagain

I have been on for Thanksgiving and it was real Turkey, and not bad at all, even the regular turkey every week on the menu is good.

And the cranberry sauce is made with real cranberries as far as I can taste, excellent.

I have been on a Thanksgiving cruise, but not on Princess. Earlier this year, on the Emerald, they had turkey on the menu in the MDR. I am not a turkey eater, once a year is usually enough, but for some reason I tried it and I have to say that it was absolutely delicious, the best turkey and trimmings I have ever had. The gravy was especially good. It was definitely not processed.

DH wants to know if he will get the down home real turkey or is it the processed turkey loaf? I said processed more than likely but would like to hear from people that have experienced Thanksgiving Day on Princess.

Oh they're real and they are spectacular.

On our Star cruise last year the turkey was very good in the MDR. We asked for mashed potatoes and extra gravy (for 10 of us at the table). It was not a pressed or processed turkey product. We actually were going to the Horizon Court for the freshly carved turkey, but, a group from our roll call wanted to meet in the MDR. Glad we went. It was a good meal and the turkey was better than we expected. :cool:

BTW, any pumpkin pie is not the best desert. Get something else.

Edited by ar1950

I opted for the lobster tails for Thanksgiving dinner when I cruised over Thanksgiving.

Non-traditional, but I am extremely particular about stuffing, having acquired my recipe many years ago from my FIL, who learned it from his mother, so I don't do turkey dinners anywhere but at home or at one of my 3 daughter's homes!

After I got home from the cruise, my daughter made a turkey dinner with all the usual sides our family love, just for me. Talk about feeling the love!!!

We eat Thanksgiving in the buffet - they carve it right there onto your plate and have all the fixings they have in the dining room. We've liked the buffet turkey much better than the dining room turkey on ships.

I really believe the turkey in the DR is processed turkey. I've asked for a turkey leg a couple ot times & was told that it was not available.

Hmmmmmm... I see leftovers coming to your cabin to be kept chilled for a late night snack... :D Trust me. It can be done. Just don't forget a sliver of pumpkin pie.

Princess's pumpkin pie is the absolutely the worst pumpkin pie I've even tasted. They have no conception on how to make it. I've never see so many pieces of pie being discarded.....and this happened on numerous trips.