Not to miss food/drink items?

fhmoore

I love the escargot and cold soups in the MDR. :)

Just a heads up on the cold soups. They may still have a chilled soup in the MDR from time to time. Now the best place to get chilled soup is at lunch time in the Oceanview Cafe. Most days they have 1 hot soup and 1 cold soup.

Food - waaaay too many great things to list. Lol, eating is never a chore on a cruise... Definitely a highlight of each day.

Drinks - again too many great things to list. But for myself a personal fave was discovered on our first Celebrity Cruise... The Pyrat Alexander. I was tempted on a hot summer day by a very personable Jamaican Bartender who was making drinks for others at The Passport Bar (which was quickly on that cruise becoming our bar of choice... Primarily because of this longtime Celebrity Crewmember who was a gifted Mixologist & Schmoozer... Best qualities in a Bartender! ).

Anyhow, very hot day ashore and we make it inside the cool & welcoming Solstice and head right to The Passport Bar. I am wondering what to order from their long list of frozen concoctions (as in pleasingly mind numbing kind of frozen). When said Bartender who is in the process of pouring from the Blender for another Guest, plops down in front of me a very short glass of the leftover remains from the Blender.

Cool, icy, refreshing... And packed with punch... It was the beginning of a love affair with a Pyrat (pirate) that I now seek out on every cruise...

A Celebrity Pyrat Alexander contains... Pyrat XO Rum, Patron XO Cafe Liqueur, Disaronno Originale Amaretto, with Island Oasis Ice Cream & Whipped Cream

It truly is to die for... Ultimate frozen drink.

Cheers!

Sounds good, and now I've got to wait 6 months to order one.:)

u7ixj.jpg

Snails

10f7yhi.jpg

Quack

2cn7fr.jpg

Baa-Baa

slmpog.jpg

Oh Deer

Thanks for the ideas. Yum.

Headed to the pantry - you made me hungry. I just don't think I'll find anything as good in my pantry.

I love lamb, DH doesn't. Can't wait to enjoy it on the ship. :)

I mentioned this topic to Mr Sloop and he said hands down for him it is the...

BREAD

All bread products onboard the ship (except for crackers) are made by a small team in the ship bakery that runs 24/7

All the variations are fabulous !!

Mr Sloop tho says the breadsticks are his absolute fave

Cheers!

What IS it with those breadsticks anyways!? Why are they so memorable? They are my DH's favourite!

My guilty pleasure is the chocolate decadence cake in the MDR...it's on the every day menu so is available every night...it's fantastic just by itself or with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream. I'm not usually a chocolate cake freak but there is just something about this cake that I crave!

My DH agrees with Mr Sloop, he just adores the bread on Celebrity!

We also like the specialty teas in Al Bacio, and Sunset Martini is our favourite drink in the Martini Bar. We love almost everything in the Molecular Bar, and another favourite is the blue cocktail we get in the Passport Bar, but I can't remember what it's called. i think it's the Murano signature cocktail!

Food wise, DH loves the aged prime rib of beef, and I'm a bit of a fan of the steaks and the soups!

Overall, there is a lot of very good food and drink to enjoy!

I mentioned this topic to Mr Sloop and he said hands down for him it is the...

BREAD

All bread products onboard the ship (except for crackers) are made by a small team in the ship bakery that runs 24/7

All the variations are fabulous !!

Mr Sloop tho says the breadsticks are his absolute fave

Cheers!

Oh, the bread! On Royal, they had "savoury bites" little morsels of bread with olives or herbs. Oh, they were so yummy, especially when you got a still-warm batch. Do they have those on X?

Escargot in MDR

Made-to-order Eggs Benedict (Mexican was my favorite)

Sushi in the buffet area (around 5PM on Summit)

Indian/Asian food (around 5:30 in buffet - Amazing Butter Chicken)

Pastries at Café El Bacio - especially donuts if you can get them fresh, Muffins also good.

The molecular bar is GREAT. I can not begin to describe the drinks. To die for. Tina

Constellation does not have a Molecular Bar. I believe the original poster

is sailing her.

Oh, the bread! On Royal, they had "savoury bites" little morsels of bread with olives or herbs. Oh, they were so yummy, especially when you got a still-warm batch. Do they have those on X?

We love those! I can't say I've ever seen them on Celebrity but I'll check this week.

Might be the wrong thread to ask this, but we are looking at a Europe cruise and herself wants to know is there much difference in menu when celebrity is in Australia and Europe or is it pretty much the same.

I know when some lines come to Australia they change the menus a fair bit I certainly know that Princess and Carnival do.

Might be the wrong thread to ask this, but we are looking at a Europe cruise and herself wants to know is there much difference in menu when celebrity is in Australia and Europe or is it pretty much the same.

I know when some lines come to Australia they change the menus a fair bit I certainly know that Princess and Carnival do.

The menus are essentially the same on every ship worldwide. With few exceptions, even the suppliers are the same as the food is shipped from the Royal Caribbean warehouse in Miami. So while you have excellent beef in Australia, the beef you'll be eating on Celebrity even on a cruise around Australia is from Nebraska. Take the galley tour on board; it's very interesting.

The menus are essentially the same on every ship worldwide. With few exceptions, even the suppliers are the same as the food is shipped from the Royal Caribbean warehouse in Miami. So while you have excellent beef in Australia, the beef you'll be eating on Celebrity even on a cruise around Australia is from Nebraska. Take the galley tour on board; it's very interesting.

Yup, same "Fleetwide 14" when it comes to Menues.

Suppose they do this for convenience (and perhaps cost) reasons.

Know that it comes up a lot on the various Northern NA Sailings (New England & Canada - Canada & Alaska) in both spots where Pax would like to see some of the amazing local Fish & Seafood on Celebrity's Menues

But sadly... No

Cheers!

Thanks for that.

I actually hope to take the ship tour [i've done it with other lines] but I note that they say it's three hours and includes stairs, so that might be out this time.

This is our first Celebrity Cruise in Dec and herself was curious about the food.

Surely the shipping of food from US doesn't apply to fresh fruit and veges, does it, I know Princess buy locally.

Yup, same "Fleetwide 14" when it comes to Menues.

Suppose they do this for convenience (and perhaps cost) reasons.

Know that it comes up a lot on the various Northern NA Sailings (New England & Canada - Canada & Alaska) in both spots where Pax would like to see some of the amazing local Fish & Seafood on Celebrity's Menues

But sadly... No

Cheers!

G'day Sloop

Thanks, so no Lamingtons or Pavlova every night on -X-.:(

Thanks for that.

I actually hope to take the ship tour [i've done it with other lines] but I note that they say it's three hours and includes stairs, so that might be out this time.

This is our first Celebrity Cruise in Dec and herself was curious about the food.

Surely the shipping of food from US doesn't apply to fresh fruit and veges, does it, I know Princess buy locally.

There are more than one type of tour...

We took the Galley Tour on The Solstice, and there were no stairs.

No stairs on the Bridge Tour either.

Have heard there are stairs on the Back Stage Theatre Tour.

And also on the BIG Behind The Scenes Ship Tour that goes many many places, lasts several hours and often includes Lunch (but also costs BIG BUCK$ )

We liked the Galley Tour very much, and learned tons. Agree with BKFLOWERMOUND if you can fit it (or any of them) into your schedule do

Cheers!

Just got off Silly in Sept. No, they do not have the Little Bites. Know what you mean about them as we love them, too.

I know it's somewhat mundane, but I just love the bread pudding with vanilla sauce at the Oceanview Cafe. Something I would feel too guilty to make at home... and a lot of their ice creams and sorbets are really good. Love the curries, soups and whole grain breads. DH loves the breadsticks.

Mocktail of choice for my NA husband is the sparkling mint lemonade. Kind of an NA mojito, with lemon instead of lime. We make them at home now; its a really good drink!

I love the bread pudding and vanilla sauce!

and how can we forget about freshly made waffles :D

Black and white sugar cookies. They were on Equinox this summer. Way too good. If you are in Blu, short ribs are fabulous.

RE: Nonalcoholic beverages. DH does not drink. There is a strawberry (?) lemonade drink which is really good. Often, he just asks the bartender to make him the best nonalcoholic drink he knows. I usually get a sip and wow, those are usually great.

Ohiodoglover

I love the bread pudding and vanilla sauce!

and how can we forget about freshly made waffles :D

I had forgotten about the waffles! Could call there :)

French onion soup is definitely one of my fave's. Our first X cruise, they did meatballs which were AMAZING. Our next X 18 months on, they'd removed them and was gutted as I couldn't eat them all first time round. Keep checking the menu's in hope of them reappearing...