I missed the ship last week! Allure, at first port... what to expect...

klfhngr

You flamers crack me up. I want to say that I hope this happens to you or one of your family members, but I wont lower myself to your standards or level. Sorry, but you guys really are losers.

As others have said, it you don't want to hear it out, then go. Obviously your hooked and really do want to hear the rest of the account, if you didn't, you wouldn't still be here.

I'm not trying to drag this out either, I don't have an outline, I'm going off of the top of my head. As I write this, I recall other events that took place.

Moving forward, I'll go straight to the details then recap what I learned from this and how these things can help others.

For the others that don't care, carry on with your perfect lives (which we all know is bull!) ;)

• Like 1

I might somehow someday forgive the stupidity of the friend, but probably wouldn't travel with him again.

You are a far better friend than I could ever be. I cannot imagine being so stupid and causing my friend the trauma of missing the ship due to my own carelessness.

yes, still friends. he felt terrible, all week long. I did tell him straight up: When I first saw you, I wanted to run up to you like I was going to give you a hug, but then punch you in face! lol.... it crossed my mind, but I'm not that type of person. I try to forgive.

When I spoke my family, he came on the phone and kept saying sorry over and over. He said there was money in his backpack and to take whatever I wanted. I felt bad though knowing that he wanted his daughter to have fun too, so I didn't take to much. In hindsight, I should've, my expenses we HIGH, as i'll explain later.

The good thing, he's a dentist, so we have lots and lots of 'free' dental work coming out way, lol!

I have to step away for a while, I can't just sit here and type all day. i'll do as someone suggested and put the rest on Word then paste here.

Edited by klfhngr

Moving forward, I'll go straight to the details then recap what I learned from this and how these things can help others.

Don't edit yourself!!!

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone was rejected 12 times and J. K. Rowling was told “not to quit her day job.” And Decca records told the Beatles to take a hike! These rejections came from so called experts, not CC hacks!

Keep on keepin' on ..........

• Like 1

As others have said, it you don't want to hear it out, then go. Obviously your hooked and really do want to hear the rest of the account, if you didn't, you wouldn't still be here.

I'm not trying to drag this out either, I don't have an outline, I'm going off of the top of my head. As I write this, I recall other events that took place.

Drag it out all you like, I saw this the other day, got bored and left, logged on this afternoon shocked to see the epic tale this has turned into.

Still here? Nope, just stopped back in to see what the nonsense was about. Doesn't matter if I believe your story or not, I'm not really reading your posts any more, certainly not going to read through 15 pages of it to figure out what happened or find the useful bit. I just came inside to chill a minute before heading out with my son.

You want to tell something that will help people then spit it out, so far you're just telling a tale.

You want to wish misfortune on others? Well that tells me about all I need to hear I suppose. To be quite clear I would not wish you or anyone else to miss the ship. You need not concern yourself though, I will not miss the ship. Regardless of your wishes.

Klfhngr. Sorry this happened to you and your family. If this mishap didn't occur I think we would have enjoyed hanging out drinking nightly with you guys. Ignore the ignorant people posting. Some people just need controversy.

Let The Party Begin!!!

Klfhngr, thanks for continuing despite all the rude comments. I guess their parents never taught them that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Still not sure why people who are so skeptical of you are taking the time to post stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had organized a small coach for our stop in Belfast from a well known tour company recommended by others on CC for people on our Roll Call. We had 4-5 coaches just from our Roll Call.

We all told the driver the time we had to be back on board. The driver was very proud of Belfast and wanted to keep showing us different places meanwhile we were telling him we have to be back. He would say I'm in contact with the office.

We were back with 2 minutes before all aboard, the last coach. The driver said you didn't have to worry as the owner of the company is the one talking to Princess people there.

It was one of our best tours due to the driver and his tour but it he sure had us All WORRIED.

Thanks, for telling your story as it will help tohers encase it happens to one of us.

Thanks for posting, I'm reading every word of this story....I've always wanted to hear first hand how someone makes it to the next port when they miss the ship.

Two years ago, we were on the Freedom sitting in the Diamond Lounge having drinks as the ship was pulling away from the pier in Falmouth. There was a woman with 2 daughters walking toward the ship with shopping bags in hand. They thought they made it back since they could see the ship....but NO, sad situation and I felt bad for the husband that was still on-board.

I'll only add this comment: The first thing I would have done is call the phone number that is listed on the back of the RCI seapass card and had RCI contact the ship to let my family know my status and tell them I will do what I have to do to meet them at the next port of call.

"IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY WHILE IN ANY WORLDWIDE PORT, CALL OUR EMERGENCY TRAVEL TEAM IN THE U.S. COLLECT AT +1-305-962-2700"

I had organized a small coach for our stop in Belfast from a well known tour company recommended by others on CC for people on our Roll Call. We had 4-5 coaches just from our Roll Call.

We all told the driver the time we had to be back on board. The driver was very proud of Belfast and wanted to keep showing us different places meanwhile we were telling him we have to be back. He would say I'm in contact with the office.

We were back with 2 minutes before all aboard, the last coach. The driver said you didn't have to worry as the owner of the company is the one talking to Princess people there.

It was one of our best tours due to the driver and his tour but it he sure had us All WORRIED.

Thanks, for telling your story as it will help tohers encase it happens to one of us.

I don't care how proud the tour guide was of his city. As a paying customer, when I tell you it's time to head back to the ship, it is time. 😡

How dare that tour guide take it upon himself to keep you touring until the last minute.

Totally unprofessional and unacceptable.

Klifhanger this is GMAN I'm sorry I missed you by the mast bar don't let these naysayers and hatemongers bother you I appreciate the information as I have just started cruising couple years ago I am lucky as I have Capt. skillet and he looks out for us I would not know what to do had that happened to me I would've definitely been in panic mode and I absolutely would've never got on the boat until I knew my son was safe I know it's not much but if you read cupcrazys review and some of his pictures will help you feel better about some of the things you missed pay special attention to GMANS performances lol I hope we get to cruise together again. GMAN

Let the good times roll!

Edited by garyoman
  • Like 1

i am a skeptic but i certainly wouldn't call myself a flamer or hater. i am enjoying this tale as it unwinds and i think the OP is a very interesting writer. he certainly knows how to capture the audience's attention and is quite good at emotionally involving them. kudos to him!

i am a skeptic but i certainly wouldn't call myself a flamer or hater. i am enjoying this tale as it unwinds and i think the OP is a very interesting writer. he certainly knows how to capture the audience's attention and is quite good at emotionally involving them. kudos to him!

[emoji4] See Vivo828 I can tell from your tone that you are just an interested on-looker like myself! But I can also tell that many of these folks are just being nasty. There's no reason for it, we can all just move on if we don't like the thread!

I can't just sit here and type all day. i'll do as someone suggested and put the rest on Word then paste here.

No way, man .... tell it all to us YOUR way ... at your own speed. The way you are telling it is whats gripping all of us ..

Don't give in to these tools on here who are criticizing you ... its your story ... we're just here for the ride .. ignore them!!

I have to say, I got emotional just reading when you got to talk to your family, from your hotel. I can't imagine going through all of this. Thanks for writing about it, so that if it ever happens, I'll know what to do, and where to start.

So sorry to read about your experience...I feel bad for your wife and kids! I know I would have been worried sick! Thank you for sharing your experience.

We have seen FIRST HAND a tender boat leave a father behind while his wife and baby were screaming for the boat to wait for him. We were on a Disney Cruise in 2011 ( Cabo) . My family , as well as a young mother and father with an infant were the only ones on the tender, along with the crew that were heading back to the boat. The father decides to jump out of the boat, back on to the loading dock...yelling " wait wait...I need to find my mother! " the wife and crew start yelling " No ! We are leaving"....and he keeps running...the boat left. That poor woman sobbed the whole ride to the ship. The anchor was up on the ship ( scary we were so close to missing the boat as well) ..and they shuffled her off to a private area when we boarded. Not sure what happened to the father ( it was our last port of call... Heading back to California)

So , yes, they will leave without you.

Edited by son3cruisers

Great, now I am not going to sleep tonight. It is such a worry about being late to the ship. I am one of those that tries to return way early even if it means missing time at a port.

This sounds like a case of the best laid plans going wrong. Until we have been in the OP shoes it is hard to know what we would do. I have learned from his adventure like the phone info! Who knew you could get back on the ship without your SS card??

Good luck to all cruisers out there. Be careful. Maybe we should invent an alarm watch communicator device. Waterproof of course. They would be set on ship time and would provide a shock if not turned off by entering the ship. We could call it WHERE ARE YOU?? RUN!!

Love the shocker App idea!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app