Which ships have Alfredo's?

pompeii

Which ships have an Alfredo's? I'm going on the CB and Ruby next month; am I in luck?

And can you get that great pizza at lunch in Sabatini's on every ship? We had it on the Island last spring and it was terrific!

Which ships have an Alfredo's? I'm going on the CB and Ruby next month; am I in luck?

And can you get that great pizza at lunch in Sabatini's on every ship? We had it on the Island last spring and it was terrific!

Alfredos: Grand, Royal and Regal

Sabatini's is not open for lunch on either ship, so don't know how you had pizza there.

The pizza you had in Sabatini's was a fairly new thing. They have started serving Alfredo's pizza menu in Sabatini's on some ships. Others, such as the Grand, Regal, and Royal have a dedicated Alfredo's. On the Regal and Royal it has an expanded menu. There may be other ships with a dedicated Alfredo's but I'm such a cruise n00b that I haven't sailed on many ships yet. :)

I don't know if there is a definitive list of ships now serving Alfredo's pizza menu in Sabatini's at lunch time.

Surely someone more knowledgeable than I will chime in here with more complete information.

I can't be positive that it was Sabatini's that had the pizza for lunch on the Island, but it was one of the specialty restaurants, and I figured Sabatini's was a good guess. It was complimentary, too.

Hopefully the Ruby and CB have it now. I was on the CB a year ago, but either they didn't have it then or I didn't know about it. It was my favorite lunch!

Just got off of the Island on an day 11 partial canal transit. DH and I had the Alfredo pizza lunch in Sabatini's four of those days! Great pizza but not many people knew about it. Several that we talked to thought that there was an extra charge but says right in the Patter that there is Alfredo's complimentary pizza from 10:30- 2:30 daily in Sabatini's. Yum!

I can't be positive that it was Sabatini's that had the pizza for lunch on the Island, but it was one of the specialty restaurants, and I figured Sabatini's was a good guess. It was complimentary, too.

Hopefully the Ruby and CB have it now. I was on the CB a year ago, but either they didn't have it then or I didn't know about it. It was my favorite lunch!

CB did not have it when we were onboard in August, but if that has changed I will post and let you know. We board again 10/27.

We had Alfredo's on the Coral (in Sabatini's) on our Alaska trip in August 2014.

This is why I LOVE CC so much! Now I know to look for it in June. Was pizza the only thing on the menu? Is the pizza different than the slices you can get on deck?

This is why I LOVE CC so much! Now I know to look for it in June. Was pizza the only thing on the menu? Is the pizza different than the slices you can get on deck?

On the Island, yes pizza was the only thing on the lunch menu. And it is much better than what you can get on deck. The menu doesn't list pepperoni pizza, but you can order it. My dh doesn't like "fancy" pizzas, so that's what he went for, and loved it.

Excited to see we can have the Alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's on the Coral when we are on her August 2015. ;)

We love the pizza on deck on the Emerald, so if the Alfredo's pizza is even better, will be fantastic!

The funny thing is, Sabbatini's used to serve gourmet pizza. I remember when we sailed on the Grand Princess for our honeymoon you could order a customized pizza as an appetizer or entree. We loved it so much that we went back another day during the cruise and they made us pizzas 'to go' so we could bring it to our cabin. Of course, this was many years ago.

Sabbatini's still had pizza through its many incarnations, up through the 'tasting menu' version of the restaurant. It is only in this most recent version that the pizza (and pasta varieties)) has been taken away. It is one thing we really miss. It would be wonderful if they would serve the Alfredo's pizza at Sabbatini's!

Sabitini's/Alfredo's was available on Island for Alaska Sept 2013 and on Coral PC April 2014. There were 4 kinds offered each day. Pizza is different than up on deck, IMO it was much better. Have to buy your drink or drink water though.

On the Island, yes pizza was the only thing on the lunch menu. And it is much better than what you can get on deck. The menu doesn't list pepperoni pizza, but you can order it. My dh doesn't like "fancy" pizzas, so that's what he went for, and loved it.

Thank you! We don't particularly like fancy pizzas either, especially for lunch.

BTW - on an off topic note I'm particularly partial to your beautiful puppy's colors!;)

To summarize prior posts from personal experience on the Grand, Sapphire and Regal and CC posts.

Grand and Sapphire have Alfredo's that serve only pizzas.

Royal and Regal have Alfredo's that have an expanded menu of antipasti, salad, calzone, pasta and desserts in addition to pizza.

Alfredo's on Grand, Sapphire, Royal and Regal are open every day from about 11:30am until 11:00pm or maybe midnight.

It has been posted that Alfredo's style pizza is served in Sabatini's for lunch on the Coral and Island on one or more sea days. It has also been posted that the pizza oven capacity in Sabatini's on the Grand class ships including the Golden, Star, Diamond, Caribbean, Crown, Emerald and Ruby is insufficient to offer Alfredo's style pizza for lunch in Sabatini's on those ships. Who knows if that information is correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

Alfredos: Grand, Royal and Regal

Sabatini's is not open for lunch on either ship, so don't know how you had pizza there.

I was on the Island on the Panama Canal cruise from San Francisco last month and I notice on the Patter, "Alfredo's Pizza, deck 7 mid ship, 11:30 - 2:30 pm, (complementary). I was not aware of this either. Sorry I missed it.

Tom:)

Boy! I keep learning new things on CC! The moral of this thread is that I need to "carefully" read the daily patter cover to cover to look for those unexpected "new" things that come along---like alfredo's pizza in Sabatini's at lunch.

Thanks for alerting us to this (I think new) lunch option on some ships. Hopefully this will be the case on the Grand when I board next spring!