Live from Explorer's 14 Night Repositioning S. Caribbean cruise to Port Canaveral

Leigh introduced the ice captain who introduced each skater, giving a little biographical sketch. He let us ask questions after the show.

10480226_10205206835038610_5672349848267109144_n.jpg

1477541_10205206836798654_749977506164662699_n.jpg

The skater standing next to Leigh is his girlfriend, Olga.

10574481_10205206835798629_9219658166791127772_n.jpg

10687170_10205206840438745_556947116345806172_n.jpg

10153918_10205206840958758_7285083225508839199_n.jpg

10322689_10205206841918782_7232509922047800906_n.jpg

This was an amazing cruise.

I found out that there are many many cruisers who have done DOZENS of cruises on the Explorer - one has done 77 - and many who have never cruised on ANY ship EXCEPT the Explorer.

There are so many people who won't fly to a cruise. And Bayonne is the only port of embarkation that they will drive to. Many expressed dismay at Explorer's departure and are not happy about the other ships coming to the port. They don't just want "a" ship. They want "their" ship.

Me? I am thrilled that there will be so much variety: after Explorer: Quantum, Liberty, Serenade, Anthem.......

I have three of the four booked. :D

By the way, for those of you who don't know, I am writing from the Allure of the Seas.

It is almost a PLEASURE to pay for internet on this ship, after the painfully slow Explorer.

Yes, it is true that your "free" minutes have to be used within a 24 hour period. I hope that if everyone raises a stink, that will change. It's absurd. I applied mine to a package. I have the "medium" package. :)

Thanks for the "tour" Carol!

BTW, did you get a chance to remind the lovely older couple, who were so dressed up, that the ship wasn't returning to Bayonne?

Also, in the photos of Lifeboat 20, I swear it looked like it was going straight into a dumpster. :D

Lastly, the 24-hour rule on the free internet: Seriously? How long has that been going on?

See you in less than a month!!!

Edited by ladylawyer

First, really enjoyed your review of one of our favorite ships. Loved the photos too. Really wanted to do that cruise, as we had some friends on it, but we don't fly, so passed on it. I will certainly miss her. Now most of our cruises will be on the Grandeur, until or if, the prices drop on the new ships in the next several years.:rolleyes:

When I was on the Explorer in August/Sept., I couldn't even use my free internet. It took over 20 minutes and I still didn't get on line. I just gave up and didn't even try again. Didn't bother going to Guest Services. We were on a Canada/New England cruise, so could catch up on my email in several ports with my cell phone.

Just on the Grandeur last week and saw where it said you had 24hrs. to use your free minutes. I went to GS and they told me that was not the case. I was able to use my free minutes up to the last full day of our 10 day cruise. Still, internet was slow as molasses, but at least I could use it.

Gwen :)

Great review.

Taking photos of the ice shows is difficult, to say the least. Fast moving skaters, lighting and weird colors. We were sitting 3 rows up on the side right behind a guy shooting perfect picture after perfect picture. Of course he was shooting RAW on a $3,000 Nikon D800. But still, most of his shots were timed just right. Skill and hardware.

The internet was slow but I had the unlimited package. I also had my 3 year old Lenovo Netbook, not the fastest of computers;) But no clock ticking, just DW announcing when I came back to our cabin "Where were you for so LONG.:mad:"

Enjoy the Allure.

Edited by The Big Booper

Thank you for the wonderful trip!

Thank you, too, for the tour of Bonaire. We cruised there on Crown Princess in 2007, but didn't bother to arrange for a tour. We thought we'd be able to get a taxi driver to take us wherever we wanted to go. Nope, couldn't get one. There were four of us, but the drivers all wanted six or more. We wanted to see the flamingos and the donkey sanctuary (is that still there?). So we just walked around the town square, where vendors were set up. I bought one of my favorite bracelets from a vendor there.

Still on our list to go back!

Lastly, the 24-hour rule on the free internet: Seriously? How long has that been going on?

Must have started Nov 1st. I was on the Explorer Oct 23rd cruise and had no problem using our minutes for the entire cruise.

Theresa

Must have started Nov 1st. I was on the Explorer Oct 23rd cruise and had no problem using our minutes for the entire cruise.

Theresa

Both DH and I got the 60 minutes to use as you like, there was no use in 24 hours restriction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BTW, did you get a chance to remind the lovely older couple, who were so dressed up, that the ship wasn't returning to Bayonne?

Also, in the photos of Lifeboat 20, I swear it looked like it was going straight into a dumpster. :D

I was told that THIS TIME, they were aware that this was a repositioning cruise that would terminate in Port Canaveral. ;)

They had 10 suitcases and were DRIVING back home.

;). :D

Thanks for the great review Carol. You hit the jackpot of goats in Aruba!!!! Are you doing East or West on Allure? Have a great time.

West. Today we are in Labadee. :)