Upsell to a window suite - very excited!!

pompeii

So, Window Suites. I didn't know about this category of cabin. Are they only on Caribbean, Golden and Grand? Where they added in the refurbs in 2011 and 2012?

Yes, only on these ships and they were indeed added during refurbs. I know some people think they are lame due to not having a balcony but I, for one, would love to sail in a Window Suite and check it out.

We sail in a week and would love an upsell option, do you have to be invited to purchase or can you call and ask about it.

Enjoy your suite and cruise!!!!!

They send an email with the upsell offer. You call back and leave a message, then they call people back in the order of the messages. I'm not sure why we received the offer because our original cabin is still available. I'm just glad my husband checked his email before going to bed on Sunday night! If we waited until the next morning to call, we probably would have been too late.

It is so sad that they are taking the Golden and Grand away from the West Coast. The Window Suites will be missed.
We are not losing them. It appears the Golden will still be on the West Coast for the Alaska season and the Grand will be on the West Coast all year but based out of San Francisco outside of the Alaska season. We did a 10 day Mexico cruise this March in a WS on the Grand from San Francisco.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

I'm so excited! Last night we got an email offering an upsell to a window suite on our 5-day Caribbean for $129 extra. We were booked in an obstructed OV, so we called back and left a vm saying we were interested. We just got the call back and we are now the proud occupants of our very first suite!

I know a lot of people will say that the extra $25 pp extra per day wouldn't be worth it, but since this is the only way we'll ever occupy a suite, it's worth it to us! Plus we keep our existing OBC and get the 2 cruise credits. So excited!!:D:D:D[/quote

we had a window suite on the Caribbean Princess and loved it. You get all suite perks. The extra room is great

Enjoy your cruise

We booked directly through Princess on this cruise and the one right before it. I don't know how many people they made the offer to and how important it was to call back right away, but all the WS were gone shortly after we got ours. So I think we must have been one of the first to call back.

Does your TA have someone filling in for her while on leave? I know I would be disappointed to miss an upgrade or upsell due to the agent being out on leave.

Yes, there is a person filling in but you know how sometimes things don't always go smoothly with that! I would be SO sad if we missed out...:(

I'll just hope for the best!

Not long now for you......PLEASE HAVE A WONDERFUL CRUISE! :D

We enjoy the WS so much that we turned down a complimentary upgrade offer to a suite with a balcony yesterday for our cruise on Friday. For a longer cruise I would have been all over it, but the WS is convenient to most of what we like to do and the layout, apart from no curtain separating the bed from the living room is IMO superior to that of a Vista balcony suite.

I've been wondering why some cruise lines don't offer Inside suites. They could charge lots more than their current Inside rates, and some people would be very happy to get the suite benefits. It would also make a great upsell offer to Inside cabin passengers. Any ship where there are Inside cabins near suites could do this very easily.

Edited by Host Jazzbeau

• 3 weeks later...

So we're back from our cruise and we loved our window suite! The location was perfect and I always felt special opening that unmarked door off the atrium that leads into the window suite hallway. Like I was part of a secret club or something!

Breakfast at Sabatini's was our favorite part! What terrific service - it was a great way to start each day! We also used the laundry perk and got our laundry back the next evening. And dh very much enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries each afternoon!

With all the wonderful aspects, however, it was the loudest cabin we've ever been in! Maybe it was just the ocean conditions (it was a little rough but didn't seem that rough) but there was a loud groaning noise most of the night on several nights. And some banging. I know these cabins are down low, but since they are midships and not forward, I was a little surprised at all the noise. I just wondered if this is typical of these cabins or just our bad luck?

So we're back from our cruise and we loved our window suite! The location was perfect and I always felt special opening that unmarked door off the atrium that leads into the window suite hallway. Like I was part of a secret club or something!

Breakfast at Sabatini's was our favorite part! What terrific service - it was a great way to start each day! We also used the laundry perk and got our laundry back the next evening. And dh very much enjoyed the chocolate covered strawberries each afternoon!

With all the wonderful aspects, however, it was the loudest cabin we've ever been in! Maybe it was just the ocean conditions (it was a little rough but didn't seem that rough) but there was a loud groaning noise most of the night on several nights. And some banging. I know these cabins are down low, but since they are midships and not forward, I was a little surprised at all the noise. I just wondered if this is typical of these cabins or just our bad luck?

Had a window suite going to Canada and new england . Didnt experince any noise issue. We loved the cabin I do not recall the number, but was in the middle of the window suites. We also enjoyed Sabitini's. Unfortunately we like to take our summer cruise in early Auugust but Princess no longer offers it. Sailing from Bklyn was a bonus. We now sail in August on other cruise lines.

IMO Princess should return in the summer to NY or NJ.

We had the same experience. We had a window suite for our Hawaii cruise on the Golden. It was a rough crossing and the squeaking and groaning woke me up all the time. Which suite did you have? This was in F307. We have booked F309 for our Mexico cruise in April and I'm hoping it's quieter. For me, the location and all that space plus the suite benefits were enough to compensate for the squeaking and groaning.

Make sure you ask a Captain's Circle rep for you double cruise credits. Those don't seem to happen automatically for an upsell.

Edited by CruisingJs

The window suites are wonderful, IMO. We got to do a tour while on a cruise last year with cr8tiv1 and fell in love with the size, large window views and location. I have been in balconies, minis and PS's, and have taken an upsell to a VS for my upcoming cruise, but I would love the opportunity to sail in a WS on a cooler weather cruise.

Your upsell opportunity was wonderful! I would happily put up with any creaking and groaning of the ship for all the benefits of a suite.

By the way, I agree with critterchick that the layout of the WS is superior to the VS!

So glad you enjoyed your trip!

The window suites are wonderful, IMO. We got to do a tour while on a cruise last year with cr8tiv1 and fell in love with the size, large window views and location. I have been in balconies, minis and PS's, and have taken an upsell to a VS for my upcoming cruise, but I would love the opportunity to sail in a WS on a cooler weather cruise.

Your upsell opportunity was wonderful! I would happily put up with any creaking and groaning of the ship for all the benefits of a suite.

So glad you enjoyed your trip!

I didn't really mean to complain about the noise because we truly did love the WS! It was so nice to be extra-pampered for the week! If I am lucky enough to get one again, I'll just pack my earplugs, cause I won't be turning it down!

On the last night I took all the empty hangers off the racks and laid them on the floor of the closets. They rattled together with the movement of the ship and that kept me awake, too. I guess I'm just a light sleeper.

Did you get your two credits? I didn't think they were given for an upsell. I will now have to contact Princess as a few years ago we also were offered an upsell to a suite, which we grabbed, but were never given two credits, just one

Upsells to the suite, don't get the extra cruise credits. Only those that are booked at full rate get the extra credit.

We had 3 cabins booked on Grand a few years ago, all three of us were offered an upsell to the window suite. They were great, way better than the OV we booked originally. The breakfast was nice, at least not as crowded as trying to navigate the buffet. My mom took advantage of the laundry, internet in our cabins was ok, didn't work the greatest. Cabin space and room was great. We also took advantage of the minibar drinks provided too. Makes you spoiled to want a suite all the time, but I just can't afford the full price they ask for them.

I didn't really mean to complain about the noise because we truly did love the WS! It was so nice to be extra-pampered for the week! If I am lucky enough to get one again, I'll just pack my earplugs, cause I won't be turning it down!

On the last night I took all the empty hangers off the racks and laid them on the floor of the closets. They rattled together with the movement of the ship and that kept me awake, too. I guess I'm just a light sleeper.

I didn't think you were complaining, only stating a fact. I would gladly listen to the creaking and groaning in that space!

We haven't gotten the extra credit yet, but dh is calling today to ask about it. We asked prior to sailing when we noticed only 1 credit in the personalizer and the csr said that the 2nd credit shows up after sailing. That hasn't happened either, but dh specifically asked the upsell lady when we switched cabins and she stated that we would definitely get two credits. So we'll try to hold them to that.

We were on the GRAND PRINCESS a few months back. We had originally booked a WS, but upgraded to a VS later (losing our $50.00 Cabin credit in the process. Pay 1500.00 more...lose 50.00 as a "thank you"..go figure!) Although we enjoyed the balcony, I still missed the "newness" of the WS. They really are great suites.

Upsells to the suite, don't get the extra cruise credits. Only those that are booked at full rate get the extra credit.

That isn't true. I called Princess and spoke to a Captain's Circle rep about our upsell and getting the second credit. She told me they don't give the second credit for upgrades but they do for upsells if you ask. Ask and you shall receive! But only the Captain's Circle rep can give it.

That isn't true. I called Princess and spoke to a Captain's Circle rep about our upsell and getting the second credit. She told me they don't give the second credit for upgrades but they do for upsells if you ask. Ask and you shall receive! But only the Captain's Circle rep can give it.

Right on! I have always had to call, but immediately received the extra credits. :) That is why after 4 cruises (3 in upsell~Suites), the DW & I are Platinum. But not that it does us all that much good because we are now hooked and book Suites! :eek: :D