NCL let down

daredaigo

Your issue here is with your TA, not with NCL. Next time, don't book a guarantee room - book the room(s) you want, where you want.

Don't see why it is a problem with the TA. They booked a guarantee, thus the TA has no options. TA can book the cabin you want, where you want. But with a guarantee, that options is not there.

Just got off the phone with NCL and they told us that there is no advantage to being a gold latitudes member which showed because of the 4 rooms we booked we are the only latitudes members and we got the worst of the rooms being in the very front away from all the others. We were also the first to book.

One of the reasons I liked to book with NCL is because I was moving up the chain of the latitudes heirarchy but now I will have to rethink this and check which cruise lines offer the best consideration as you go up levels. I've heard Princess is good with this.

I did not ask for an upgrade or any special consideration, just that our room is closer to the others in our party.

Also had NCL disconnect during our conversation (third time this has happened) and did not call back.

I am surprised that they spoke to you about the reservation, usually they will only speak to the TA.

Better off apart.

When my son and his cousins were much younger we used to get cabins next door to each other.

Now that they are teens and over 18, I purposely book on a different deck and on the other side of the ship.

Can still meet for drinks before dinner and all hang out together, but still have space.

The ship is big, but we still ran into each other all the time.

Have fun!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Don't see why it is a problem with the TA. They booked a guarantee, thus the TA has no options. TA can book the cabin you want, where you want. But with a guarantee, that options is not there.

The claim is that TA did not properly explain what GTY cabin entails.

Your guaranteed a room with 'Guaranteed room rate", that does not mean your rooms will close or next to each other nor will you get your top/best room choice. Your travel agent should had explained that more clearly to you and the other group members.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, Latitude membership doesn't really guaranteed room choice or location (maybe the rate offer). All Latitudes membership offers is certain privileges during the cruise but certain not weeks or day beforehand nor after. Sorry this happen to you, maybe you can ask NCL or your travel agent for a better room choice or upgrade to different room category.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Just got off the phone with NCL and they told us that there is no advantage to being a gold latitudes member which showed because of the 4 rooms we booked we are the only latitudes members and we got the worst of the rooms being in the very front away from all the others. We were also the first to book.

One of the reasons I liked to book with NCL is because I was moving up the chain of the latitudes heirarchy but now I will have to rethink this and check which cruise lines offer the best consideration as you go up levels. I've heard Princess is good with this.

I did not ask for an upgrade or any special consideration, just that our room is closer to the others in our party.

Also had NCL disconnect during our conversation (third time this has happened) and did not call back.

The latitudes perks are nice but being gold does not make you special, I am platinum and still don't get special treatment in bookings other than the latitude discount or OBC. I too believe your TA is where you need to start and I can't understand that NCL even talked to you as your booking is through a TA as they only deal with your agent

Edited by TSUmom

TA didn't explain guarantee, and OP doesn't understand it. They think NCL will treat it like a normal room because TA led them to believe they would..

TA didn't explain guarantee, and OP doesn't understand it. They think NCL will treat it like a normal room because TA led them to believe they would..

Once again, it is not NCL's fault but the TA and the OP needs to contact their agent.

VTG said that NCL will assign the rooms and told us since we travel NCL frequently they would take care of us.

This is just not true! NCL does not assign guarantee cabins based on your latitudes status. When you told your TA that you wanted to be near each other, you should have been told not to book Guarantee cabins, since there is no way to predict where they will be.

OP: I typed out a really long diatribe on the folly of your situation and how you should have known better being that you are almost Gold with NCL and an experienced cruiser on several cruiselines. So I will cut to the chase:

My advise for all those who don't get the cabin they hope to get from guarantee is to wait until the week before sailing, contact your TA (not NCL, since you did not use their services) and ask the TA to contact NCL and see if your cabin assignment can be changed.

And if nothing does change, enjoy your cruise anyway.

The op is almost gold with Ncl and doesn't understand a guarantee?

They have cruised many times and should know what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The op is almost gold with Ncl and doesn't understand a guarantee?

They have cruised many times and should know what it is

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm going to sound wrong, but - Someone who doesn't understand that Latitudes membership does not guarantee a room choice location is not bright or knowledge able from the get go. So, I'm going to give benefit of the doubt to travel agent since OP choose the cheapest rate which was a guaranteed rooms for his group. Why did he assume that the rooms would be close by if they're guaranteed rooms - I think wishful thinking....

It should a chalked up as lesson learned and hopeful never happens again. Just go and enjoy yourself - could be worst, could medvac off the ship due a heart attack. .

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Agree with some of the other posts and in particular to the best advise of why would you want to be close to your friends cabin. As much as I love my family, I'd rather cruise with just my husband and son, reason being, way too much planning. I'm hungry, the other isn't, that one doesn't want the buffet, this one doesn't want to go the MDR, blah blah blah. Plus I'd rather spare my friends and family from the animalistic love making noises from our cabin :p, (j/k... not really :D).

You are on a ship, not the distance between NY and Florida, plan accordingly and have a good time! And don't drop by someone's cabin unannounced, it's rude, plus you don't want to be traumatized :eek:.

My advice, if you want to move closer to your friends try calling back closer to the date you are leaving or have your travel agent do it. I think sometimes it depends on the customer service agent you get if your request will be honored. It's not fair but it is the truth for many companies. For me, NCL has been great.

My family and I booked guarantee inside rooms ( 4 cabins in all) for a cruise on the Gem leaving 11/9. We just booked them on 11/1 and were assigned rooms spread all over the ship even though we requested them together. (PS - I am a platinum latitudes member). I noticed the price dropped yesterday, so I called NCL and requested a upgrade. We were all upgraded to Ocean view and put near each other.

Today after realizing how low the cost was, we paid to upgrade to guarantee Balcony rooms. We requested to be close but no promises were made. I just got our assignments this evening and we are all in mid-ship balconies in a row which is great! I know this is a combination of NCL having availability and someone taking the time to read the notes and care about their job. I am in a Balcony room by myself, next to all my brothers & sisters, for $490 total on a 6 day cruise....Feels like I hit the jackpot!

I understand the desire to be near your group, whether traveling with friends or family. We love to have a mini happy hour together on our balconies as the boat pulls out of the various ports. And sometimes people just need a place to go while the partner or kids are getting ready. My sister likes to dress the kids for dinner and then send them to my room while she and her husband get ready.

To be fair, I always have better luck with rooms when I book direct. But I still think if you try again, you can make it happen unless the boat is completely booked. Best of Luck! Edited by HLM29

[quote name='Trevor Fountain']I don't really get why you think it's important to have cabins close to each other.
Surely you aren't going on a cruise to sit chatting in your cabins? There are far better places to meet on the ship.[/quote]
Perhaps they are swingers:D

[quote name='Trevor Fountain']Never thought of that. :o[/QUOTE]

Lol. Many years ago on the ccl boards this was discussed ad nauseum

You know the shocked and disgusted versus the swinger versus the I don't care what anyone does types

Well those who claimed to be swingers were very vocal on that thread and apparantly claim that the vast majority of married couples swing!! Lol

Forget about disagreeing too... The swingers on that thread wouldn't hear of it and apparantly your friends family and neighbors all swing they claimed but you just don't know it

Yep they tried to say it was a mainstream activity. Lol

It was a fun thread until it got poofed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums Edited by luvtheships