March Spring Break

scotslizzy

We are thinking about booking soon for a Feb Or March cruise 10 nights on Royal Princess . Can someone tell me if Princess 10 night cruises attracts spring breakers please?

I love a lively ship but I have heard about ships being spoiled by spring breakers.

Sorry if this sounds negative but its a lot of money to fork out on the flights so need to take this into considertaion .

Thanks

Scotslizzy

The best way to avoid spring break crowd is on a 10 day like you have booked. The cost and length of a cruise like that doesn't fit with the schedule of college students. Our cruises have always been 7 days during school vacations usually Easter week . The ship is crowded then with families not college kids.

Which type of spring breaker are you most concerned about avoiding?

Cruises seven days or longer draw very few college students. They tend to book the shortest cruise they can find that offers a drinks package.

But in the weeks leading up to Easter even 10 day cruises will have lots of family groups as some school districts in the northern US states do have two week long breaks. An organized group of sober teenagers can easily inflict more disruption than one of drunken fratboys.

Edited by fishywood

Thinking about early March or late Feb all depends on flight prices when I get round to this tonight !

I did not think that a 10 day cruise would attract spring breaker's ( sounds like I know what I am talking about !) but thanks to all who replied.

p.s. what and when is Presidents day ?

Scotslizzy

We leave from Fort lauderdale to cruise the caribbean with Princess every March for a week and I have yet to see any rowdy springbreakers, if any at all. Of course everyone may have a different interpretation of rowdy. As others have said, you will find more families around Easter.

We are thinking about booking soon for a Feb Or March cruise 10 nights on Royal Princess . Can someone tell me if Princess 10 night cruises attracts spring breakers please?

I love a lively ship but I have heard about ships being spoiled by spring breakers.

Sorry if this sounds negative but its a lot of money to fork out on the flights so need to take this into considertaion .

Thanks

Scotslizzy

We are travelling February 17th on the royal for 20 days. Easter isn't until first week in April this year so it should be fine. In the uk we don't have college kids going away on mass but I always try and avoid going away during our schools school holidays, mainly because the price shoots up dramatically . Hope you enjoy your cruise

Last March we did a 4 and 5 day b2b on Ruby starting around March 8. The first 4 day had lots of college age passengers, and they were wonderful. We never saw them unless we walked around the pool area which was wall to wall sunbathers. They must have eaten every meal from the Trident Grill or the pizza place because the dining room and HC were never crowded. They didn't go to shows because it was fairly easy to get a seat at every show we attended.

The second 5 day cruise had lots of families with lots of kids. The atmosphere was completely different with lots of crowds everywhere. There were many large tables in the mdr including one near us that was so noisy that we couldn't hear our tablemates at our table for four. We finally gave up and ate in HC after day 3.

Two different cruises during spring break gave us very different experiences.

We leave from Fort lauderdale to cruise the caribbean with Princess every March for a week and I have yet to see any rowdy springbreakers, if any at all. Of course everyone may have a different interpretation of rowdy. As others have said, you will find more families around Easter.

This has been our experience also.:D

Every spring break cruise I have taken is full mostly with teachers and their spouses. I think the 10-day one will have fewer teachers and fewer yet college students or kids. Most off us who are on school schedules can't take 10 days for a cruise for spring break.

DH's spring break from his job at a community college is around the middle of March. We've taken two cruises on Princess ships for his spring break in the past five years. We did not have any problems with wild college age kids on them. The only time we felt like we were out of place--on a party cruise when we wanted a more refined feeling--was a spring break cruise on a Carnival ship.

We used to take 10-day cruises at Christmas to avoid being on a ship with a bunch of kids. I've found that most Princess ships have enough adults only places that we don't have to worry. Last year we took two 4-day cruises for Christmas week and did not have any problems.