Dynamic Dining Wow Wow Wow Wow

Excellent news.

Do you know if Quantum will be doing the same as Oasis and having 2 menus for each of the complimentary restaurants that will change mid way through the cruise.

Where did you hear that? Up to now RCCL has been adamant that DD means one menu per venue regardless of sailing length.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Dynamic_Dining_FAQ.pdf

Q: Will menus stay the same in each restaurant every night?

A: Each restaurant features its own distinctive menu and ambience that remains consistent throughout the sailing. However, guests who return to a given restaurant can vary their dining experience by ordering different

selections from the menu.

On Oasis Class, American Icon Grill, Silk, and The Grand will feature two menus that rotate midway through the cruise

As soon as the concept of DD was announced this is exactly the outcome I was hoping for. We will find out on our May repo next year.

I am now anticipating the possible menu changes as the Quantum approaches China. My guess is that the demographic of the passengers will alter, particularly on the last two legs.

I have been following a few threads and the facebook page on DD but I have still not found any answers to a few common questions that have been posted.

Is there an everyday standard menu (steak, chicken, pasta etc) available in all the DD venues in addition to their regular menu? If so could someone post it.

Is there an upcharge for the premium selections posted on the sample menus? Do these premium selections exist at all in the actual menus on board?

There is 3 slightly differing versions of "formal dress" for the Grande dependent on where you check on the RCL website. What does the onboard dress standard quote as the dress requirements? Is a jacket acceptable? (please I do not want people's opinions on this. Just what RCL state so folks can make up their own minds)

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Misc/14040643_Dynamic_Dining_FAQ.pdf

Q: Will menus stay the same in each restaurant every night?

A: Each restaurant features its own distinctive menu and ambience that remains consistent throughout the sailing. However, guests who return to a given restaurant can vary their dining experience by ordering different

selections from the menu.

On Oasis Class, American Icon Grill, Silk, and The Grand will feature two menus that rotate midway through the cruise

That's weird. Wonder why they would see the need to offer 6 menus on the Oasis Class which only does 7 night sailing but only offer 4 menus on the ships that do 8 to 14 night sailing with most in the 9-12 range.

Edited by DEIx15x8

That's weird. Wonder why they would see the need to offer 6 menus on the Oasis Class which only does 7 night sailing but only offer 4 menus on the ships that do 8 to 14 night sailing with most in the 9-12 range.

I had initially thought it was because there were only the 3 complimentary DD restaurants on Oasis but now wondering if it was due to concerns about number of options available and the backlash by some about having the same menu many nights.

Chip,

What are the seating arrangements like in the restaurants? Do you have to sit at larger tables or do they have tables for 2/

There were reports from a number of people on the Quantum live thread on the main board that as you entered the dining room staff were asking if you wanted to be seated with a group or by yourselves.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Hope that's true, wonder where 8 nights fall. I can see eating each menu 1-2 times, but more than that it's impossible to find things to eat. Most of the menus I can't even find a single appetizer to try. They went very heavy on the seafood with DD and forgot about the people that don't like it. There's not even a pasta dish offered on every menu which is my normal go to every night (and not the plain alternative one, the special for each night).

I was also surprised seeing more or less completely different menus onboard after looking through that online booklet which showed all menus. Now on the main RCI website they do have pdf files for each restaurant showing the current menus (although they are saying "example"). I remember that on the booklet all four free restaurants did offer lobster. I think that´s limited to The Grande now.

Try to order a veggie option!! They weren´t able to do that in Silk. The grilled tofu came with an oyster sauce (so no veggie anymore). No signage like on the "old" new menus introduced last year (veggie, lactose free, gluten free, vitality). No kids menus right now.

They are still adjusting the menus but I think the choice for picky eaters or those having dietary needs are pretty limited right now.

I´m waiting for my Allure cruise next year to check it out how it devellops (fortunately I´m no picky eater and I do love seafood).

steamboats

Try to order a veggie option!! They weren´t able to do that in Silk. The grilled tofu came with an oyster sauce (so no veggie anymore).

steamboats

FYI, oyster sauce is considered vegetarian. it's the rare bottle (and expensive, and probably not what RCI uses) that actually contains oysters. at least buddhists in china consider it vegetarian, for whatever that's worth.

another question, is there escargot on Quantum?

For any of you concerned about DD relax, you will not believe how much DD is an improvement is on MDR. The menus presentation and food quality is a millions miles above anything we have been used to. Royal have taken a Quantum leap forwards.

Refreshing in the face of the typhoon of people pooping all over DD without having experienced it.

I'm sure it'll take some getting used to, but can't believe it's the "sell off your stock, cash in your points, sell all the ships, RCL's going DOWN." cry of doom and gloom we keep hearing.

FYI, oyster sauce is considered vegetarian. it's the rare bottle (and expensive, and probably not what RCI uses) that actually contains oysters. at least buddhists in china consider it vegetarian, for whatever that's worth.

another question, is there escargot on Quantum?

I saw a menu posted on another thread but can't remember which thread/restaurant.

Oyster sauce does contain either oysters or oyster essence which is seafood and therefore not veggie (for those vegetarians who don´t eat fish or seafood). There is a veggie oyster sauce made out of mushrooms. But neither the waiter nor the maitre nor the galley were able to confirm that this dish is purely veggie (meaning they use a veggie oyster sauce).

steamboats