Fuel Price

Ataraxia

We got quite a reasonable refund on Celebrity earlier this year, about £35 each iirc credited to our on-board account. Couldn't work out what is was for .......... port taxes, fuel surcharge????? No idea - must have been something we'd paid for within the cruise price which provided some buffer for them in respect of variable charges for something. Must have been necessary for them to repay it though as they could easily have got away without - we'd never have known. Anyone know what it might have been for? (We didn't miss any ports.)

If you have a look at their accounts, they are fuel price hedged between 80 and 110 dollars (Brent). If the price remains between those numbers, there should be neither a gain or a loss as they have bought security in pricing via derivatives.

The cost of buying that security should be included in the cruise cost.

[FONT=Times-Roman][SIZE=2][FONT=Times-Roman][SIZE=2][LEFT]"[I]Our exposure to market risk for changes in fuel prices substantially all relate to the consumption of fuel on our[/I][/LEFT]
[I]ships"[/I]
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='CRUISIN LINDA']A friend in Texas was compaining that it was $3.50 a GALLON there :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote name='majortom10']Dont forget gallons in US only contain 3.78 litres compared to ours being 4.54 litres so that will affect price and also oil being priced in dollars and US exchange rate has been poorer recently so that will balance out any price drop.[/quote]

But that's still under $1 a ltr.