Live from the 11/9 Regal

Host CJSKIDS

Please excuse the obviously dumb question, but why would you need to use a second card for the slot? When you're in the room, you use your room card, and when you're not in the room, why would you keep the lights on? I understand the AC is not connected to this switch, does it mean that the electrical outlets are also connected, with the lights, to this switch. So having a spare card is the only way to keep the outlets powered for charging when you're not in the room?

We'll be on the Regal this Sunday, so it would be helpful to understand the system.

Why? one example - you both get back to the cabin, you open the door and put your card in the slot, a little later spouse is watching tv, reading etc., and you want to sneak down to the IC for a snack - if you pull your card out of the slot the tv and lights go out, you have to find his/her card to stick in the slot so that you can take your card and get back into the cabin !!

Please excuse the obviously dumb question, but why would you need to use a second card for the slot? When you're in the room, you use your room card, and when you're not in the room, why would you keep the lights on? I understand the AC is not connected to this switch, does it mean that the electrical outlets are also connected, with the lights, to this switch. So having a spare card is the only way to keep the outlets powered for charging when you're not in the room?

We'll be on the Regal this Sunday, so it would be helpful to understand the system.

I've used an old hotel key. Just turn it diagonally in the slot when you leave the room. I find this method works better than just using a cruise card.

Thanks for your live comments. I just caught a glimpse of the Regal when I embarked on the Ruby last week. It looked gorgeous. Wish I could have seen the "christening" by the Love Boat cast. I loved my first Princess cruise on the Ruby that I just booked the Regal today !! Cannot wait!:)

Thanks for your review.

May I request a favor? I just booked room E130 on the Regal and am curious as to why the balcony is extended. When you are on the Promanade deck would you mind walking by to see what is under the balcony? Someone posted it looks like an exit, but not sure.

Thanks a million.

Very crowded day in St Thomas today with 6 ships here. Another wonderful lunch at Gladys cafe.

The sanctuary this afternoon was great as always. I just can't say enough about the crew up there, best we have ever had.

The messenger app doesn't appear to be working yet.

I know there has been lots of discussion about Elite laundry... first time out it took two days to get back, second time it took until the next day.

Once again Jonathan from Crooners played songs for the bar tonight. Very special touch and everyone seems to enjoy it.

The piano player in Crooners is very entertaining.

The DJ on board, mark aka DJ TinTin is new to cruising. Only been doing this for 6 weeks and is from Manchester, England. Very friendly fellow who really seems to want to connect with passengers. He is a great addition to Princess cruises.

2nd time at the Crown Grill and it just wasn't good. It's usually my favorite meal on board but this time just doesn't seem to have it right. Our filets were over done and mine was very fatty. Our friend ordered the pork chop and it was dry as could be. Our meal in Sabitinis was much superior.

I know there has been lots of discussion about Elite laundry... first time out it took two days to get back, second time it took until the next day.

Once again Jonathan from Crooners played songs for the bar tonight. Very special touch and everyone seems to enjoy it.

The piano player in Crooners is very entertaining.

The DJ on board, mark aka DJ TinTin is new to cruising. Only been doing this for 6 weeks and is from Manchester, England. Very friendly fellow who really seems to want to connect with passengers. He is a great addition to Princess cruises.

2nd time at the Crown Grill and it just wasn't good. It's usually my favorite meal on board but this time just doesn't seem to have it right. Our filets were over done and mine was very fatty. Our friend ordered the pork chop and it was dry as could be. Our meal in Sabitinis was much superior.

Thanks for checking in. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.....:):):)

Bob

Sitting in grand case enjoying lunch! The weather is tremendous. You can see the Beach erosion from the hurricane.

Formal nights are the first sea day and then Friday, the 2nd sea day.

On Muts has been football and I'm not sure what else. Two rainy nights so we haven't been up there. I will look when I get back to the ship.

Can you tell me the current cost for the Sanctuary (particularly, if you're booking a seat for the duration of the cruise)? On the Royal earlier this year, it was $40/day for the duration of the cruise; I'm now hearing reports that it's $80 a day on the Regal. Yikes!

Allyn

Enjoying your live from.

WOW!!!! Not happy hearing about the Crown Grill. :( I hope you say something on your "report card" before leaving.

Have you tried Bellini's yet. We really enjoyed the staff there when on the Royal.:) Give Alfredo's a try too. Yummy pizza.:D

When we've had a below average meal or service in a specialty, we have reported it to the restaurant's maitre d. We don't wait till after the cruise. Things can be "fixed" for other cruisers. A couple times we were given a credit for another meal or a bottle of wine. We don't look for/expect either. We just think it is helpful to let management know how they are doing...especially if not as positive as a previous experience.

I dont think anything wrong with a nominal charge for something "out of the norm". I mean look at the specialty resturants. Its not alot, but a charge for a quality of service/food you don't find elsewhere on the ship.

Totally disagree with another charge! Regardless if it is a lot or a little, it is still another charge. So, you are implying that they should charge extra for quality of service/food you don't find elsewhere on ship? No Way!!! Where does it stop????

Can you tell me the current cost for the Sanctuary (particularly, if you're booking a seat for the duration of the cruise)? On the Royal earlier this year, it was $40/day for the duration of the cruise; I'm now hearing reports that it's $80 a day on the Regal. Yikes!

Allyn

It's $40 per day if booking the single day and $30 per day if booking for the entire cruise. The Sanctuary on this ship is the best we have ever encountered and we always book it for the entire sailing.

Enjoying your live from.

WOW!!!! Not happy hearing about the Crown Grill. :( I hope you say something on your "report card" before leaving.

Have you tried Bellini's yet. We really enjoyed the staff there when on the Royal.:) Give Alfredo's a try too. Yummy pizza.:D

Thanks!

I showed the waitress the cut of my filet, showed her the fat and how is was not cooked properly and all she did was ask me if I wanted another. It was at the end of the meal as once she brought the stuff we never saw her again. Crown Grill is always my favorite and we can sometimes eat in there 3 times on a 7 night cruise but once on the 3 day and last night was more than enough for me.

We have tried Bellini's!

I can't say enough about the staff in Crooner's, Vines and the sanctuary. They have all gone out of their way to make sure we are having fun!

This has been one of our best cruises to date!

I can't say enough about the staff in Crooner's, Vines and the sanctuary. They have all gone out of their way to make sure we are having fun!

This has been one of our best cruises to date!

Please say hello to Carmen in Vines and give her a hug for me (and my bride Brenda)!

Please say hello to Carmen in Vines and give her a hug for me (and my bride Brenda)!

Carmen is fantastic! I will tomorrow. Ask about the circle of trust!

Won the trivia tonight that the piano player did in the Crooner's Lounge!

And he got Jonathan to come up and sing a few songs. Fantastic night!!

I just can't say enough about his cruise. It's really something special. Not perfect, there are some issues. But on a whole, this is pretty close to perfection.

Thanks!

I showed the waitress the cut of my filet, showed her the fat and how is was not cooked properly and all she did was ask me if I wanted another. It was at the end of the meal as once she brought the stuff we never saw her again. Crown Grill is always my favorite and we can sometimes eat in there 3 times on a 7 night cruise but once on the 3 day and last night was more than enough for me.

You should write a note to the Maitre D. We did on a cruise where we had an awful meal at Sabatini's. We were comped a meal at the Crown Grill where we had had an excellent meal.

On the 3 night cruise last week we had the Mondavi Wine Makers dinner which was excellent.