Live from the 11/9 Regal

Host CJSKIDS

It's the 2nd leg of our b2b on the Regal Princess. Must say that so far the cruise has been amazing.

Love the new Sanctuary and the crew up there can't seem to do enough for us. Even with it being 100% sold out for the 11/6 sailing and with all the celebrities up there, we were still treated royally and have no complaints at all.

We are in a mid-ship mini and love the room. I'm not thrilled having to always put my key into the slot to keep the lights on and really do miss the midship stairs, but love being in this area.

The staff at Crooners are fantastic as the crew in Vine's. Had a fantastic dinner in Sabitinies last night. We have had fabulous service, even on the last sailing filled with VIPS.

Still off of Princess Cay and tomorrow is a day at sea.

The Regal is a stunning ship!

We did do the Crown Grill on the 3 day and will be going back. Not our best meal in there so we will see how it is Wednesday night.

Was lucky enough to have the entire cast of Love Boat sign Gavin's autobiography since they were all up in the Sanctuary with us.

Have a AAA or other card in your wallet? Works fine in the light switch. ( used my Champps frequent eater card.

It's the 2nd leg of our b2b on the Regal Princess. Must say that so far the cruise has been amazing.

Love the new Sanctuary and the crew up there can't seem to do enough for us. Even with it being 100% sold out for the 11/6 sailing and with all the celebrities up there, we were still treated royally and have no complaints at all.

We are in a mid-ship mini and love the room. I'm not thrilled having to always put my key into the slot to keep the lights on and really do miss the midship stairs, but love being in this area.

The staff at Crooners are fantastic as the crew in Vine's. Had a fantastic dinner in Sabitinies last night. We have had fabulous service, even on the last sailing filled with VIPS.

Still off of Princess Cay and tomorrow is a day at sea.

The Regal is a stunning ship!

would you be able to find out about the "night sky lounge" i saw on their website for regal at the retreat pool? sounded like a cool deck party/lounge event but then read on another travel site there was a cover charge? that would be disappointing if princess would start charging covers for evening dance venues :(

sometimes it's difficult enough to get passengers to participate in free venues at night :)

thanks

would you be able to find out about the "night sky lounge" i saw on their website for regal at the retreat pool? sounded like a cool deck party/lounge event but then read on another travel site there was a cover charge? that would be disappointing if princess would start charging covers for evening dance venues :(

sometimes it's difficult enough to get passengers to participate in free venues at night :)

thanks

Many people think that if it's "free"... can't be that good, but if I have to pay a cover charge - must be great!! :D

I agree - I think the Night Sky Lounge is a great idea but I don't think you should have to pay to get in. Celebrity has started to do something similar in the Solarium of some of their ships with "Liquid" nightclub and they don't (or at least didn't) charge to get in.

Edited by hoadred
Typo

Have a AAA or other card in your wallet? Works fine in the light switch. ( used my Champps frequent eater card.

I use the dummy card that comes in the mail with some credit card offers.

I would not want to take the chance that my AAA or similar card might disappear.

I use the dummy card that comes in the mail with some credit card offers.

I would not want to take the chance that my AAA or similar card might disappear.

Very wise. We used a gas station loyalty card once on Holland America and it did disappear. Fortunately, the ship's concierge was able to get it back for us and our room steward apologized profusely.

My room steward had cut a heavy cardboard card to use in the slot. Worked perfectly. A lot of people use old sail cards, too. I brought one on my recent Royal repo, but didn't need it.

Thanks for this thread. I loved the Royal and can hardly wait to sail the regal.

Thanks everyone for the tips on the cards in the light slot.

Tonight we hit our first glitch. They closed the pizza and grill without warning for 4 hours for a private party up on deck for the TA's. As that's what we had planned with friends for dinner, we were not happy. As we told them, other areas have been closed that don't directly effect us but this did. I don't like buffet and didn't want the dining room so we were kind of left hanging in the wind! At least they could have put it in the patter so we would have known.

Glad to hear you are having a good trip OP. Given all the hoopla and VIPs , I'm satisfied

that Princess is doing their best . After your cruise, things should really be more representative

of what people can and should expect and things should get even better.

Thanx for posting.:)

thanks

I dont think anything wrong with a nominal charge for something "out of the norm". I mean look at the specialty resturants. Its not alot, but a charge for a quality of service/food you don't find elsewhere on the ship.

I dont think anything wrong with a nominal charge for something "out of the norm". I mean look at the specialty resturants. Its not alot, but a charge for a quality of service/food you don't find elsewhere on the ship.

restaurants i can agree with but outdoor deck party/lounge? so better quality music and lighting? do you think they will be picky about who they let in too like sobe lol? just think it would be a mistake and not very well attended knowing princess' clientele -- so many princess cruises the disco is hardly full and that is free

celebrity has these type of trendy lounge environments with no charge - was looking forward to more nightlife options on princess

Tonight we hit our first glitch. They closed the pizza and grill without warning for 4 hours for a private party up on deck for the TA's. As that's what we had planned with friends for dinner, we were not happy. As we told them, other areas have been closed that don't directly effect us but this did. I don't like buffet and didn't want the dining room so we were kind of left hanging in the wind! At least they could have put it in the patter so we would have known.

My TA is on this cruise. Did you say hi to her? :D

Rainy and grey day today, a first for us on all of our cruises!

Special 50th anniversary dinner tonight in the Main dining room. Very small menu, only 2 choices per course but the meal itself was wonderful. Probably one of the best we have had in the MDR.

The bartenders at Crooners are really something special. Jonathan actually played a few songs on his yukalelee tonight while it was quiet. So much fun to watch especially since they no longer do the crew show.

Our room steward is wonderful, the Sanctuary is wonderful, the bartenders are wonderful, must say that it may be that our wonderful friend Kathy and Bernie are clouding our judgement because we so love spending time with them.... but this is one heck of a cruise! And to think we met them on a Princess cruise 5 years ago!!

We used a old room key card from a motel, attached a small piece of duct tape rolled sticky side out, placed it on one end of the card and placed it on the wall above the card slot when we were out of the room.

We used a old room key card from a motel, attached a small piece of duct tape rolled sticky side out, placed it on one end of the card and placed it on the wall above the card slot when we were out of the room.

Finally!!!! Something useful to do with the old key cards from previous cruises bring one along n use it

Please excuse the obviously dumb question, but why would you need to use a second card for the slot? When you're in the room, you use your room card, and when you're not in the room, why would you keep the lights on? I understand the AC is not connected to this switch, does it mean that the electrical outlets are also connected, with the lights, to this switch. So having a spare card is the only way to keep the outlets powered for charging when you're not in the room?

We'll be on the Regal this Sunday, so it would be helpful to understand the system.

The air conditioner and the outlets are independent of the rest of the power in the cabin. They will not be affected if you take the key card out of the slot. The card slot turns off lights and tv.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app