New Promo

Beachammo

This current promotion of up to $1500 on board credits is so misleading. You click on the link and search for a cruise. See the price but then find out that does not include the OBC deal. If you want the OBC credit, the price goes up more than the OBC they are offering.

I called RC to complain that their "Up To $1500 OBC" sale takes you to cruise pricing that does not include the OBC. I was excited to see a good price on a cruise with what I assumed was a nice OBC bonus (since I clicked on the "see cruises" from the OBC special page). It even states, "For a limited time we'll give you a little extra by giving you up to $1500 free onboard spending money". But of course the OBC was not included for that price. The price is jacked up higher than the OBC if you want that deal. It seems the only "little extra" is the $$ that ends up in RC's pocket it seems.

I asked how they can call this "giving you a little extra" and I could not even see the price for the cruise with the OBC. The response was the website gives you the best pricing deal which is many times not the OBC deal. And no comment on how this "giving a little extra" actually does not give me anything extra.

I understand all about marketing / sales and how to package something to make it look attractive. But this "deal" was a big bait and switch in my opinion and not a great way to treat loyal customers.

Hopefully RC does not stop offering nice discounts on cruises sailing soon (as the CEO stated recently). We have found this is the best way to get the great deals.

We did okay with the OBC promo and actually booked with a TA that covered gratuities as well. The OBC for 7 nights in a JS is $1000. It was a last minute booking for us. We have never booked this close to a Dec. sailing. :)

The new one will be called "book and bill". You book your cruise and register your credit card with the price for every cabin listed only as "Deal", and then 75 days out RCL bills your pre-registered credit card for whatever they feel that cruise is worth. ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app