Costal Kitchen Oasis of the Seas

STANMELB

• 2 weeks later...
No blenders in the suite lounge and costal kitchen so there are no frozen drinks. They do give you a bill with a zero balance so you can tip. The flat breads were amazing as well as the food. Our waiter Deacon was great.

Are you given a bill every day? Is it for the food side? bar side? or both? We're just off Quantum and thoroughly enjoyed Coastal Kitchen for sevral meals. No bar there and we tipped at the end of each of our consecutive cruises to those who served us.

Are you given a bill every day? Is it for the food side? bar side? or both? We're just off Quantum and thoroughly enjoyed Coastal Kitchen for sevral meals. No bar there and we tipped at the end of each of our consecutive cruises to those who served us.

We did the same and can't say enough about those that served us in CK. What a refreshing change. We actually looked forward to breakfast every morning.

Since I am known for hijacking threads I have a question.

The new coastal kitchen for suite guest.

What is the average cost of a meal?

Is it like chops where you pay a flat rate for food, and add on drinks?

Also

Do you need to make reservations or just wait your turn?

Does the menu change daily?

Thanks

Sea ya

Since I am known for hijacking threads I have a question.

The new coastal kitchen for suite guest.

What is the average cost of a meal?

Is it like chops where you pay a flat rate for food, and add on drinks?

Also

Do you need to make reservations or just wait your turn?

Does the menu change daily?

Thanks

Sea ya

No charges, food/drinks. You only need a resi for dinner. All the drinks you want from the bar are included from 11am to 11pm. They do offer a wine menu for$ by the bottle

Edited by setsail

We only ate dinner there once and got the $0 balance bill for that, with the ability to tip. With tipped him on the slip. For breakfast there was no slip to sign. We did not eat lunch there so I do not know what they did at lunch. The slip was only for the food side, not the lounge side.

The bar was more for the suite longe, but if you got a drink at dinner it came from the same bar. We tipped the servers that helped us.

Hope this helps.

No charges, food/drinks. You only need a resi for dinner. All the drinks you want from the bar are included from 11am to 11pm. They do offer a wine menu for$ by the bottle

I will also add that it is my understanding that the menu stays the same.

Edited by A&L_Ont

It did all last week, except on the 2nd formal night they offered lobster in addition, it was the best we have tasted on rci in years, perfectly cooked

Nice.

So can I make my reservations on line or do you have to wait till you board?

Thanks

Sea Ya

Nice.

So can I make my reservations on line or do you have to wait till you board?

Thanks

Sea Ya

We just made ours the first day after boarding at Ck, was not problem. I would check your cruise planner on the rci site and see if it is there if you want to ahead of time.

Welcome back - How was it??????

Just wonderful. It was the first time we have seen so many staff/crew talking and mingling with the pax one on one. Asking about any problems, can they help etc.. and on an informal basis.

The SL/CK was great. Our Allure cruise can't come soon enough. The LA even had hours in the SL one night. Friends traveling with us were so impressed with the service they booked Allure to go with us in 15.

This was the first cruise that we never set foot in the MDR or the windjammer, lots of great places to eat with great food. We did have room service one night for 3 couples. Our room steward Cherry planned it all for us including ordering all the food, She was a gem

Edited by setsail

We were on the 11/29. Coastal kitchen is great and so is the suite lounge. We ate there most days for breakfast and dinner. You can take drinks out of the lounge. As one other poster mentioned you do receive a zero'd out receipt on the last day for tipping. We left 100$ for the week. Not crowded at all and saw a few diamond members and people staying in JSs who were upset they could not get in, one guy even pulled on the door so hard he broke the lock. Rami said he tried to sneak in every night. The diamond member threw a fit because he wasn't allowed in, it was quite comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CaribSailor

Just wonderful. It was the first time we have seen so many staff/crew talking and mingling with the pax one on one. Asking about any problems, can they help etc.. and on an informal basis.

The SL/CK was great. Our Allure cruise can't come soon enough. The LA even had hours in the SL one night. Friends traveling with us were so impressed with the service they booked Allure to go with us in 15.

This was the first cruise that we never set foot in the MDR or the windjammer, lots of great places to eat with great food. We did have room service one night for 3 couples. Our room steward Cherry planned it all for us including ordering all the food, She was a gem

Fantastic!!!!! Cherry is a doll, I know she took good care of you. When are you on Allure?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the 11/29. Coastal kitchen is great and so is the suite lounge. We ate there most days for breakfast and dinner. You can take drinks out of the lounge. As one other poster mentioned you do receive a zero'd out receipt on the last day for tipping. We left 100$ for the week. Not crowded at all and saw a few diamond members and people staying in JSs who were upset they could not get in, one guy even pulled on the door so hard he broke the lock. Rami said he tried to sneak in every night. The diamond member threw a fit because he wasn't allowed in, it was quite comical.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Wow! People never cease to amaze me!:eek:

Cherry is great! we had her when we stayed in the RLS. She found my MIL PS2 she left behind by accident. With Charmaine's help it was mailed to us almost immediately.

We saw her a few weeks ago when we were on Oasis, but she wasn't our attendant.

Forgot to add, per Rami, Oasis is getting a new computer system that will be in place by the end of this month.

I wish they could provide him a work station that was a bit larger in the Suite Lounge. He looked like he needed a few more feet of desk space with all the papers he had to shuffle around.

I really liked Rami, and it was the first time we had the pleasure to sail with him. We look forward to sailing with him again in August of 2015.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Forgot to add, per Rami, Oasis is getting a new computer system that will be in place by the end of this month.

I wish they could provide him a work station that was a bit larger in the Suite Lounge. He looked like he needed a few more feet of desk space with all the papers he had to shuffle around.

I really liked Rami, and it was the first time we had the pleasure to sail with him. We look forward to sailing with him again in August of 2015.

Hopefully the new computer system will include a printer for the SL Concierge! I agree about the size of the desk...he needed more space. I know the lounge area isn't finished yet, or it wasn't in November. Maybe that's something that will be taken care of when the new furniture arrives.

Edited by Cindy

We only got it for dinner and not breakfast. We did not have lunch there so I do not know what happens then. In the lounge for drinks there were no signing forms. I was happy to tip for such great service. I wonder if they use of it for tracking cruiser use as well.

I may be alone, but I think it's inappropriate for a complimentary dining venue to give you a receipt for the sole purpose of asking for a tip (I assume that they ask for your stateroom number when you check in and enter it into the computer, so that tracks usage). Coastal Kitchen is included in the cruise fare for suite and Pinnacle guests, as are the various complimentary dining venues, and I think it should be left to the individual to decide whether to tip an additional amount, not be pressured into it, just as one would do for complimentary beverages in the SL/CL/DL.

And no, I'm not a tip dodger, yes, I do tip an additional amount when the service is superb (as it generally is in all dining venues, or at least the crew make a herculean effort), but I don't see why this single venue is asking for more. Just sayin'.