Pre-Cruise Hotel Port Everglades

DisneyMama317

Another vote for Embassy Suites, stayed there two weeks ago. Arrived around 10 a.m., checked in and was told my room was not ready yet, but go ahead and have a complementary breakfast. In about 30 minutes I received a call on my cell to inform me that my room was ready.

Any comments on the Hampton Inn cruise port or the Comfort inn cruise port?

Looking for a hotel that is close to restaurants & maybe some shopping mall

We are flying in so no car

TIA

If you are looking for reviews on specific hotels then Trip Advisor is a better source of info.:cool:

TIA

We have stayed 6 or 7 times at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruiseport and always been pleased. They have a free shuttle from the airport and I think it is $6 shuttle to the port. Clean, great staff, complimentary breakfast. It's right across from a large plaza where there is a grocery store, dollar store, liquor store, sports bar, pizza, Subway, Burger restaurant etc. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and the hotel will shuttle you to a few others near by for free.

We are booked there again before our cruise next week.

We have stayed 6 or 7 times at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruiseport and always been pleased. They have a free shuttle from the airport and I think it is $6 shuttle to the port. Clean, great staff, complimentary breakfast. It's right across from a large plaza where there is a grocery store, dollar store, liquor store, sports bar, pizza, Subway, Burger restaurant etc. There are a couple of restaurants within walking distance and the hotel will shuttle you to a few others near by for free.

We are booked there again before our cruise next week.

Thank you

TIA

Neither are near anything great but fine for one night.

TIA

Comfort Inn on Stirling is where I'd stay of those two choices.

We have stayed at Hyatt House in Dania several times. it is near to a shopping area with restaurants but is across a busy highway. I'm getting to the point where I prefer not to try to get across because the walk light is very brief. I've been stranded in the middle a few times:rolleyes:. We have also stayed at Embassy Suites on 17th . It's expensive but there is added value for comfort and convenience. We were going to stay at Cambia since they also have a shuttle from the airport but the distance to restaurants and the lack of an e

Inclusive breakfast made me change our reservation. Many of the hotels in Dania are nice, and if you don't mind the highway w

You have access to shopping and restaurants. I just prefer to make the per cruise hotel a pleasant stress free start to our vacation.

Looking for Pre-Cruise hotel suggestions with airport and or port transportation to Port Everglades. We are sailing on The Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale in February. Would love to know where you all stay the night before and why?

I don't think you should base your stay on any shuttle service. The airport to the port/beach hotels/17th st hotels will be under $20. Cab from there to port in the morning is under $15.

So....when we come down from the midwest, we do not choose to stay in a generic airport hotel. We want to begin our warm weather vacation near to the beach or intracoastal. Near restaurnats where we can eat outdoors overlooking and enjoying Florida, not a highway. :D

You must know that February will be high rates. But you have time to adjust your budget if necessary. Maybe look at discount sites to save a few dollars.

I'm going to be trying the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street. It's close to a lot of restaurants and last-minute shopping (sodas, sundries, etc. -- not clothes shopping). They have a free airport shuttle and if you REALLY want a shuttle to the port, I believe that's pretty low-cost (although I prefer a taxi because I can leave whenever I want to). They also have a free breakfast. One thing they don't have is a pool, but from what I've heard, they'll shuttle you over to a sister property if you want to use a pool.

I've never stayed there before, but lately it's gotten consistently good reviews on TripAdvisor -- All four and five star ratings.

I don't know your pricing requirements, but Embassy Suites is probably going to run at least $300.

Edited by elycelynne

• 2 weeks later...