Dream holiday and cruise , a nightmare trip

I was in a private hospital for chemotherapy treatment, on the menu amongst other things were oysters, lobster and a variety of wines. Wine was on the menu both lunch and dinner. Was in there weekly for 7 months for 2 days each time.

Pity I had no appetite,and don't drink alcohol. Hubby almost cried seeing the oysters on the menu but refused to let me order them and give to him to enjoy. His loss.

Edited by Tara Jane

I was in a private hospital for chemotherapy treatment, on the menu amongst other things were oysters, lobster and a variety of wines. Wine was on the menu both lunch and dinner. Was in there weekly for 7 months for 2 days each time.

Pity I had no appetite,and don't drink alcohol. Hubby almost cried seeing the oysters on the menu but refused to let me order them and give to him to enjoy. His loss.

Boy I need detail of your hospital, I've never been offered Oysters or Lobster :( but some good food nevertheless.

I really hope that all is well for you now.

I've only used my private hospital insurance once & yes the menu was amazing but because of all the drugs I had little appetite so ordered soup or a sandwich! Wah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by gaechann

I've only used my private hospital insurance once & yes the menu was amazing but because of all the drugs I had little appetite so ordered soup or a sandwich! Wag!!

I often think that the quality of the food is wasted on the sick.

By the same token with what they give in the local Public hospital I often wonder how anyone recovers.

The only wine they would have in hospital would be communion wine.:eek:

MicCanberra,

John James has small bottles or red or white with meals. Go there if you need to go anywhere!

And as for the food being wasted on the sick......... when I had both my knees replaced :eek: and was heavily drugged I ordered my dinner one night.

A bowl of white rice and a bottle of red wine! Awesome.

Pity I don't drink Red wine!!!!!!

Raina

Private hospital food can be just as bad if not worse than public hospitals.

I'm booked in for surgery in a private hospital after Christmas and last time I was there it was shocking. Will pack my own snacks this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyone see this in the news today.

Canadian couple had a premmie baby in the US. Make sure you get the correct travel insurance!

http://mashable.com/2014/11/19/canadian-1-million-medical-bill/#:eyJzIjoiZiIsImkiOiJfbzkwendvbjYwYnNwZDlkdiJ9

Hopefully the link will not ge blocked.... but if it does it cost them nearly $1,000,000.

Raina

Edited by AussieVisi2r

Canadian couple had a premmie baby in the US. Make sure you get the correct travel insurance!

http://mashable.com/2014/11/19/canadian-1-million-medical-bill/#:eyJzIjoiZiIsImkiOiJfbzkwendvbjYwYnNwZDlkdiJ9

Hopefully the link will not ge blocked.... but if it does it cost them nearly $1,000,000.

Raina

Wow I love my kids and wish I had more, but ONE MILLION BUCKs!:eek:

G'day Raina

Glad to assist,

loved your blog Ay to G'day too by the way, hope your kid had recovered OK.

Why thank you so much. We had a ball.

Sarah has totally recovered - apart from a small path of hair growing straight up!!!!:p

And two nights ago Dad decided we should cruise for Christmas as Sarah will be in Europe - So we are off on the Rhapsody for 11 nights. Yahhh!

Raina

Sarah has totally recovered - apart from a small path of hair growing straight up!!!!:p

And two nights ago Dad decided we should cruise for Christmas as Sarah will be in Europe - So we are off on the Rhapsody for 11 nights. Yahhh!

Raina

Wow Lucky you.

The bride and I were the first in our family to get hooked on cruising, we eventually persuaded my big sis and b-i-l to give it a go, now they don't like us because they're hooked too.

Now Sis and are trying to get the whole family on a Christmas cruise, but when there are 14 couples to convince and coordinate it's not easy, maybe next year.

Raina

Would you like a sister? LOL!

MicCanberra,

John James has small bottles or red or white with meals. Go there if you need to go anywhere!

And as for the food being wasted on the sick......... when I had both my knees replaced :eek: and was heavily drugged I ordered my dinner one night.

A bowl of white rice and a bottle of red wine! Awesome.

Pity I don't drink Red wine!!!!!!

Raina

Thanks, I am hoping I never need to eat hospital food no matter how good it may be.:)

Did you put the wine over your rice so you could eat the wine instead?:rolleyes:

Raina

goodness, pays to be covered or should I say you don't pay when covered.:D

Raina

Eek!

And $160,000 for the hospital stay... was she having lobster each day?

Eek!

And $160,000 for the hospital stay... was she having lobster each day?

Makes our Private Hospitals look cheap.

I remember a few years ago , a CC member had a heart attack while cruising down this way and ended up in hospital in Auckland . He raved about the service and facilities and could not believe how little it all cost , compared to back home in the States.

Makes our Private Hospitals look cheap.

I remember a few years ago , a CC member had a heart attack while cruising down this way and ended up in hospital in Auckland . He raved about the service and facilities and could not believe how little it all cost , compared to back home in the States.

Yes, we have it lucky here and in NZ. Mind you I would still recommend insurance to cover medical.:D