Just off summit -sky not falling

Full90

Just off the summit on 11/15. Fantastic cruise. First time on the summit and definitely would do her again. Ship was in great shape. Crew was excellent.

Stayed in AFT 1138. Great cabin.

Food and service in the Blu was exceptional.

Music was perfect in the oceanview right below our cabin. Lost Boys played most nights and had to do encores.

Martini bar music was not loud. Service was great.

Qsine was lot of fun and perfect service.

Loved the new menu in the Bistro. Well worth $7.

Buffet was good. Lots of variety.

Plenty of places to grab some sun on our one sea day.

Over all the Summit exceeded our expectations. Nothing at all to complain about.

I agree with the OP. We are also just off the Summit, B2B Nov 1 and Nov 8 and we loved it! We have booked it again and will continue to do so.

With respect to the buffet basket issue, at least for now they have a hybrid going. Most stuff is as it used to be in the big dishes you dish stuff out off, but there will be some items in baskets, like a chicken fajita, some fish dishes, calamari, etc. I found it fine. The interesting thing is the small trays they provide are now almost essential if you grab a basket and have some food on a plate, it is hard to carry that and utensils, etc.

As for the martini bar, I agree completely with the original poster, but I know the second week there was one group of 4 complaining about the type of music and the loudness. It was funny because they said "no one likes this type of music" and it is "too loud for everyone" - and they do this on purpose so no one stays long, but the funny thing is we liked the music and didn't find it too loud, so obviously those broad statements don't work. They left and I didn't remember seeing them again, I hope they were able to find a bar they liked better. Interesting to see the difference in crowds at the martini bar between the two weeks. We were at the martini bar from about 6 to 7:15 every night. It is my favourite place. On the first week it was packed every night, two people deep, etc. On the second week, people didn't stay as long and it wasn't as busy. People would come up and get one drink and walk away. The second week you could go to the Martini bar at 6:30 or 7:00 and still get a chair. That is unheard of for any of my previous Celebrity cruises. Just very different crowds both week.

Interesting to see the difference in crowds at the martini bar between the two weeks. We were at the martini bar from about 6 to 7:15 every night. It is my favourite place. On the first week it was packed every night, two people deep, etc. On the second week, people didn't stay as long and it wasn't as busy. People would come up and get one drink and walk away. The second week you could go to the Martini bar at 6:30 or 7:00 and still get a chair. That is unheard of for any of my previous Celebrity cruises. Just very different crowds both week.

A good DJ works with the crowd that is present and changes things up. A DJ remote-controlled from Miami can't... ;)

A good DJ works with the crowd that is present and changes things up. A DJ remote-controlled from Miami can't... ;)

But it isn't a DJ at the martini bar. On some nights there was a DJ by the stairs (and those nights they turned the martini bar music off), but on other nights it is just the music. The bar tenders are busy enough trying to get people drinks, they don't have time to try to change the music to fit every different person that sits down at that bar. I'm guessing that is part of the reason they don't give the bartenders control, that would be a mess. As you mentioned, Miami picked a "feel" for the martini bar, I love it and the fact that normally it is so crowded that you can't get seats seems to mean they did work with the crowd that likes it there. If it was empty all the time I'm guessing they would rethink the music, but from my experience it is not empty during the prime times.

Oh thanks heavens the sky is still in tact :)

Looking forward to the Summit next week and always nice to hear positive feedback so close to my sail date. First time on Celebrity and have had some second thoughts about booking an older ship for first time sailing with them but the southern itinerary and sailing out of San Juan is just too much of a draw. Hope I come back with the same great experience and opinion you have .. I will be sure to report back. Heck, maybe I'll be ambitious enough to a picture review.

Hi FULL90 & ALBERTACRUISERS

Thanks for your Review & Comments

We too did the Southern Caribbean Cruise last year... And LOVED it and The Summit

Fell in love with the Ship & Crew so much that we have booked her again for Bermuda in 2015

Hope everyone who sails On her this Winter has an awesome time

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

That is the exact cabin that we are in come Feb. Do you have any pix that you could post of the cabin or proximity to the ocean view?

Thank you for your comments. Happy Cruising

Sorry no pictures. Best things about this cabin are:

Deck is huge

very close to bar..less than one minute travel time.

Music... we could sit on the balcony and catch the whole sail away music and for this week it was the Lost Boys and for us they were great. Several times they were encouraged and provided encores.

Cabin steward, Marvin, was great.

You are right above the oceanview and there are steps down on both sides. Very convenient for the wife to fetch snacks and drinks;)

If you are shy.. you may want to put on a robe before wandering out to the balcony in the morning.

Sorry no pictures. Best things about this cabin are:

Deck is huge

very close to bar..less than one minute travel time.

Music... we could sit on the balcony and catch the whole sail away music and for this week it was the Lost Boys and for us they were great. Several times they were encouraged and provided encores.

Cabin steward, Marvin, was great.

You are right above the oceanview and there are steps down on both sides. Very convenient for the wife to fetch snacks and drinks;)

If you are shy.. you may want to put on a robe before wandering out to the balcony in the morning.

Great cabin review

Lol... Thought the last line was hysterical

Cheers!

How was Blu? Your post is timely! I love to hear from folks just before we board. Were there any menu changes or menus to not miss?

The Blu was great. The matrie'd, Shah, was awesome. Our waiter, Soe, was awesome. The wine guy, Onur, was above awesome. When we were not impressed with the wines he found something that was not on the list that fit the bill. I am not implying that the wine list was not good, it was, but after the 3rd night we were ready to try something different and he more than obliged.