aqua class vs concierge

cruisehome

My first time in Aqua will be on our next cruise but I did stay in a suite on the reflection in March and I have to say blu is the advantage over concierge. My wife and I ate at the MDR one night that last cruise and really disliked it. The rest of the time we dined in blu. As far as cost I believe Aqua is more than concierge depending on when you try to book of course. I wouldn't do concierge again if I had a choice.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Had Aqua Class on Solstice and was not impressed. IMO not worth the extra $. Blu was okay but had issues with getting seated almost every day. The perk of flavored tea isn't a big deal for us and we did not feel it was worth the money over CC.

I first cruised in a concierge cabin, but since then have booked Aqua. I just can't bring myself to cruise anything less than Aqua Class any more. I don't think in terms of a price difference, I just try to imagine cruising without Aqua amenities and I always decide that I'm worth it. Others have mentioned Blu, the dining room for Aqua passengers, and that is a big part of the appeal. I also love the jetted showers and fog-free mirrors in the bathroom, the added amenities of lip balm and slippers, and having a couple of waters put in the cabin daily.

Priority embarkation has come into play on my last 2 cruises, too. Both have been following transatlantics, and we've been happy to be among the first on board after long waits.

We love BLU and were never disappointed! So we are trying to book AQ whenever the price is reasonable.

The Concierge Class perks are really not worth anything to us - so it is just a choice between a regular balcony stateroom or Aqua. We don´t care for Concierge...

The Blu dining room is lovely, service (generally) spectacular and for the most part the food is way better than MDR. On occasion the menu can be a bit odd but with the "always available" or requesting the salad entre with potato/veggies we have very rarely been disappointed. The plates are individually and artistically prepared, the room is small with lots of tables for 2 (which is a requirement for us). If you prefer to be assigned "table for 6/8/10" to meet and dine with those fellow passengers during your cruise - it is not that kind of dining. Note: the tables are close enough to strike up a conversation IF you want to and feel that conversation is welcome.:)

We love AQ because of Blu. On the S class ships the Persian Garden is wonderful (love the heated tile beds) on the M class I don't bother going since it is just benches and no windows. Our last cruise we got a great last minute deal and upgraded from AQ to Suite. We were apprehensive because it had been many years since we dined in the MDR. We were pleasantly surprised. We found the food to be very good, but a bit heavier. I think the only reason to book Concierge is location (aft) or extra Captains Club points and on the M class ships you do get a bigger room than Veranda. Having been in almost every type of cabin I like AQ the best although for a good price I would like to cruise Suite again after the new Suite class dining room is available. Food is very subjective and I know there are some on these boards who don't like Blu, but it is our favorite place to dine.

The Amenities are laid out on Celebrity's Website

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/staterooms

Concierge gets everything that a Standard Balcony Cabin gets plus some extras

Aqua gets everything that Concierge Class Cabins get plus some extras

The biggest perk to Aqua Class is eating in the Blu DR vs the MDR. Blu is said to offer a healthier / cleaner (modern luxury) way of preparing meals / familiar Favourites

Sort of in line with the rest of the Aqua SPA experience.

You also of course get FREE access to the Persian Garden in the Spa and priority assistance in making Spa Reservations

Those perks (except for Blu) and many others on both the Aqua & Concierge Class Categories many here on CC claim as "perceived" perks vs actual things (stating that all pax can get them by paying for them... Such as Persian Gardes, or in some cases just asking for them... Such as the "Pillow Menu")

Mr Sloop & I do believe we get value for our money and do quite enjoy the perks we actually physically receive (Sparkling Wine - Fruit Plate - Plush Robes etc). So for us we are very happy in Concierge or above so far

(about to take our first Aqua Class Cruise next month)

Have to agree with SPACIFICBOUND (Reply # 3) a big draw tho for us is Real Estate... Location, location, location (love the Sunset Afts on the M-Class Ships, and the Midship Angled C2s at "the hump" on the S-Class Ships). We are definitely sold on these prime views... And also the fact they all have oversized balconies.

Currently, cabin placement is our number 2 requirement after we choose our Celebrity Itinerary / Sail Date

As for price differences... You just have to buy WHEN YOU ARE COMFORTABLE. That is all that matters (although we do monitor pricing on both cruises we are considering & those we have already booked). For us we are trying to book Concierge when the cost is under $ 100 per person extra... Ideally even under $ 50 over an 1A. Often times Concierge & Aqua will be close, and not uncommon for them to fluctuate. Aqua can even be priced less than Concierge if demand dictates... Low Demand = Lower Prices. That is most definitely when to make the jump to that tier.

Lol, although in our case... All bets are off... if a cabin you really really adore shows up vacant :D

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

In addition to the raves about Blu, I would add the Persian Gardens... On S class ships it is a wonderful way to unwind and feel pampered!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Totally agree about Blu and PG - I would go Aqua in a less good location over Concierge every time, over the last five years our personal experience in the MDR went down and down both in terms of service and quality. For us, Blu today is like MDR was five years ago and earlier. Nice food, personal waiter service, pleasant atmosphere not rushed

It seems to me that the Concierge amenities shouldn't really be a consideration, because you really don't get that much more from it. Think of Concierge cabins as more of a location designator than a different class altogether. We booked a C3 not for the amenities, but for the location. It gave us the location we wanted at a very low additional cost over a standard veranda room on a lower floor.

We have actually cruised in both Aqua and Concierge Class staterooms (i.e., not just read about the amenities), and much prefer Aqua Class over Concierge. While the bottled water offered in Aqua is a nice perk, particularly on itineraries with hot weather, we have found that we much prefer Blu over the MDR. We have been in Aqua on both M-class and S-class ships, and find that Blu is so much more like an actual restaurant versus the banquet hall feeling of the MDR. And while we never have felt the need to have a dinner in the MDR we have observed other passengers in Aqua Class periodically eating in the MDR. I suppose the fact that we have six Celebrity cruises booked for 2015 (two B2B2B sets) and all six of those cruises are in Aqua staterooms essentially expresses our opinions.

And for those interested in location, we have been in aft facing Aqua M-class staterooms as well as Aqua staterooms on the S-class "hump."

We normally book Aqua or Concierge Class staterooms. Sometimes Aqua cost less than Concierge. I dont like the food in Blu that much. I do find something to eat most nights. If not we go to Select Dining. The tables for 2 in Blu near the windows on the S class ships are so close together. The tea in the room is really bad.

What I do like about Aqua is dining when you want. If we are in Concierge we have Select Dining. We make reservation for 6:30pm for all nights of the cruise. We cruise normally in groups of 4 or 6 people. The service in Blu is great. The shower in Aqua is really nice. We have cruised in Aqua 2 times now and have booked 2 more cruises in Aqua.

So not having to wait for a table. Dine when we want. Still about 6:30pm, but we have the feeling that we can be a little late to Blu. Normally getting the same table every night. The service in Blu. These are the main reasons we book Aqua.

thanks everyone for the information

I just read if you are in CC class you can book select dining for when you want

is that the same as anytime dining

Select is indeed Celebrity's version of "Anytime Dining"

In Concierge just like the rest of Celebrity (except for Aqua Class) you have the option of Traditional (Early or Late) or Select for the MDR

Concierge Class getting "priority" for their choice is one of those things that goes on behind the scenes... So no one knows for sure if that is a real perk or not (ie can a Concierge Class Request bump someone else ?)

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Sloop-JohnB:

You said except for Aqua class in regards to the seating times. What seating times do people staying in Aqua class cabins get assigned to for the MDR? Is it only select? We just booked an Aqua for next year and I didn't see anything about this. Thanks!

Sloop-JohnB:

You said except for Aqua class in regards to the seating times. What seating times do people staying in Aqua class cabins get assigned to for the MDR? Is it only select? We just booked an Aqua for next year and I didn't see anything about this. Thanks!

Hi SMCH916,

I said "except Aqua Class"... Because right now they are the only group that has a seperate Dining Room from the MDR* ... The Blu DR. Blu is always Select style... You eat as you choose, like a Restaurant... Breakfast & Dinner Hours are posted. No Reservations.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

* When the NEW Suite Class is up and running come April 2015, they too will have their own DR

It does, except now I'm wondering, does that by default mean that we also have select dining in the MDR?

Thanks again!

No... Aqua Class designated DR is Blu. If you wish to dine in the MDR then arrangements have to be made via the Blu Maitre D, which he works out on your behalf with the MDR Maitre D (so you cannot just show up). Others have reported the Maitre D has been most helpful, be it a one time thing, or permanently, having discovered that Blu's style just is not for them and they prefer the food / atmosphere of the MDR

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB