Elite laundry

antsp

This is really dependent on how many elites are on board. On our recent B2B. The first cruise only had 211 elites so laundry was back the next day. However the second cruise there were 711 elites (ekk!). So it took two days.

I now always ask the Capt circle Host when getting on board the numbers. so I have a realistic expectation on laundry turnaround.

Jackie

You might be referring to the slow laundry service onboard the Regal TA and last year's Royal TA. Many arrive in Europe a few days or more prior to embarkation and send multiple days worth of laundry out soon after boarding which overloads the laundry department.

We learned our lesson on last year's Royal TA so did our own laundry when we boarded the Regal in Venice this year.

We've never experienced an Elite laundry delay on Caribbean cruises...likely because a lot of cruisers do not board with a week's worth of dirty clothes.

Lew

Reading reviews and comments about elite laundry a few weeks ago taking longer than normal to be returned, is this still the cas or was it a unusual situation.

There were no laundry delays on the Ruby a few weeks back.

Mike:)

The delays are a function of there being a large number of Elites on certain cruises. Some of the inaugural cruises of the Royal and Regal and the Grand circumnavigating South America. All drew 1000 or so Elites and they overwhelmed the laundry. This slowed down the laundry service.

There was a discussion about the laundry on the Wake Show on the Regal TA. They said that the most bags sent from one cabin was 34 and they boarded in Venice. To me, that is taking advantage of a good thing. 34 bags? Really? something like that could ruin it for everyone.

I had no issue with the Regal laundry, but found the return very slow on the Royal. Both were TA's.

There was a discussion about the laundry on the Wake Show on the Regal TA. They said that the most bags sent from one cabin was 34 and they boarded in Venice. To me, that is taking advantage of a good thing. 34 bags? Really? something like that could ruin it for everyone.

They should never have accepted that much laundry in the first place.

Got off the Grand(10 day Mexico) on Wednesday. Elite laundry took one day. Room Steward told us upfront that it will only take one day. However he mentioned cruise before had more elites and it took 2 days.

The room stewards are told what to tell the passengers so we know what to expect. We had an exceptional Room Steward, don't know if others are so well informed. We were on the Royal transatlantic in September and it took 3plus days.

Edited by san diego sue

When we embarked on the Royal Princess for her November 4 sailing, our steward handed us a card which notified us of a 72 hour turnaround for laundry. Later that evening he apologized and retracted the card.

For this cruise (less than 500 Elites) laundry was its advertised next evening delivery.

I was on the recent Crown 28/29 day South Pacific cruise. Elite laundry service was 72 hours :( We were advised of this the first day of the cruise via a note in our cabin. Princess has found a good way to discourage use (abuse) of our elite perk. I ended up doing my own laundry for the most part, except for a few items I could do without for a few days.

I had no issue with the Regal laundry, but found the return very slow on the Royal. Both were TA's.

They should never have accepted that much laundry in the first place.

Obviously abuse, so they should have accepted it and returned it all the last evening of the cruise.

Is laundry also delayed for suite passengers? We are not elite, but stay in a suite, so we pack really light and use the laundry and cleaning perk. We've always gotten our laundry back the next day, and pack accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is laundry also delayed for suite passengers? We are not elite, but stay in a suite, so we pack really light and use the laundry and cleaning perk. We've always gotten our laundry back the next day, and pack accordingly.

It was not delayed onboard the Ruby a couple of weeks back and you can mark it "same day" if necessary and it is still no charge. Just have to your steward before 0900 and it will be back by 1800.

Mike

In a suite we have sometimes gotten our laundry back that night (as long as we turned it in early in the morning). If not in a suite, we expect it back the next night. We recently completed a B2B on the Ruby. The first cruise (we were in a mini suite) all the laundry came back the next evening -- and I heard there were over 500 elites on board. The second cruise we were in a suite and our steward apologized all over himself that the laundry wouldn't be back the same evening (even though there were many fewer elites). It wasn't a problem for us.

Good one! :D

Or returned it unwashed! That's pretty obvious rorting IMHO.

I do use something that needs washing and is bulky on medical grounds-well I'll take it to the Laundromat myself. Not that I am likely, unless I get a major Lotto win, to be able to qualify as Elite, I'd be happy to bring an extra outfit to allow for delays, and deal with the medical washing myself/

Crochetcruise :cool: