Short Cruise with a Carryon

sawtooth

I think the only thing the cruise lines care about are firearms and smuggled booze...You can even take knives and scissors in your carry-ons--or checked baggage for that matter (I always back one of those small utility Leatherman tools because of all the handy tools it has--scissors, knife blade, screwdriver, nail file, etc.)...If you're not flying, it's all the same on the cruise ship...

Think about it...it's not like flying...When flying, you can pack, say, a LARGE bottle of shampoo or hand lotion or contact lens solution or whatever if you want--as long as it's in a checked bag--because you don't have access to it during the flight. The restriction is just for carrying it on. But, on a cruise ship, you are going to have access to everything you've packed shortly after boarding...Doesn't matter if you've carried your luggage on or had the porters bring it to your cabin...

...and lots of people take long cruises--they can't expect you to last through a 14 night or 30 night or whatever length cruise with only a 3 ounce bottle of each liquid...

Will be doing a short cruise with no checked bag and just a carryon.

Do I need to adhere to the 3 ounce rule for liquids like with the airlines?

I have some products in larger containers, like sun tan lotion, etc.

No those rules only apply if you have a flight. Ground transport and walking on the ship are not covered by them

I think the only thing the cruise lines care about are firearms and smuggled booze...You can even take knives and scissors in your carry-ons--or checked baggage for that matter (I always back one of those small utility Leatherman tools because of all the handy tools it has--scissors, knife blade, screwdriver, nail file, etc.)...If you're not flying, it's all the same on the cruise ship...

Blades over a certain length are not allowed on cruise ships, either in hand luggage or checked luggage. Whether they are all detected is another matter.

Blades over a certain length are not allowed on cruise ships, either in hand luggage or checked luggage. Whether they are all detected is another matter.

We have had scissors confiscated in Sydney. Never mind that we would have had access to them if they had been in the large suitcase that the porters took to the ship. We got them back when we returned from the cruise.

We met passengers whose suitcase was held in storage by the ship because a small paring knife was in it. They asked where their suitcase was and finally got it in the evening with the small knife, smaller than the steak knives on the ship. That was in Miami, a different cruise line.

Liquids are no problem.