No more post cruise hotel day rooms???

royzer76

Wonder if anyone can shed some light on this for me.

In the past when we have done TA sailings from the UK to Fort Lauderdale, we usually end up on a night time flight back to the UK.

Royal in the past have always booked us a day room at an airport hotel to use between leaving the ship and checking in for the flight. This is usually part of the flight package.

This is something they did if your flight was 1800 onwards I think.

We are booked on the Allure TA in October and I have just taken a call from their flight department advising that they no longer do this.

Is this new?? Anyone else heard this?? Am I being fibbed to??

Thanks.

I don't know specifically about day rooms, but I do know they have been cutting back on many perks recently. If you did a B2B cruise with a day between, they also used to put you up in a hotel, but that perk is gone now.

I don't know specifically about day rooms, but I do know they have been cutting back on many perks recently. If you did a B2B cruise with a day between, they also used to put you up in a hotel, but that perk is gone now.

Thanks Bob.

I'm not sure if the day room was a perk or whether the cost was factored into the cost of the flight package, but either way this guy was telling me it no longer happens.

I can however pay for a day room he told me.

I'm gonna call them in a bit and double check.

I had a day room assigned last October on the Oasis TA, Didn't get to use it though, as disembarkation was a nightmare and I didn't leave the port until 13:30. I decided it wasn't worth it for an hour.

Snap. We managed to use our day room at the Sheraton for 3.5 hours by the time we got there.

It appears now that they no longer offer this option.

I just rang them back and apparently the terms/conditions changed last year. You now have to pay for the day room.

They are quoting £79.00 per per for the Courtyard by Marriott.

Gonna have a think.

It would be totally worth the price, for a late evening flight! You'll be off the ship by 9am in most cases...sometimes, earlier....that makes for a very, very long day!
Not necessarily after a TA from Europe. Disembarkation can take a long time it's not like returning from a Caribbean sailing, especially with the number of passengers on Allure.

Not necessarily after a TA from Europe. Disembarkation can take a long time it's not like returning from a Caribbean sailing, especially with the number of passengers on Allure.

You're not wrong. Took ages getting off after the Oasis Westbound TA. Hoping this one won't be such a nightmare.

Probably will do a day room. Gonna look round for a better deal first tho.

If any one has any suggestions, they'd be greatly received.

We still have a transfer from the ship to Miami airport, so looking for a day room in the Miami airport area.

You're not wrong. Took ages getting off after the Oasis Westbound TA. Hoping this one won't be such a nightmare.

We still have a transfer from the ship to Miami airport, so looking for a day room in the Miami airport area.

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon several times. Nice property with several food options nearby and a decent pool. They also have a free shuttle to/from MIA.

I recommend Sofitel Miami airport - really nice rooms, lovely pool area and free transfer to the airport.

Book via the Sofitel Miami website rather than the Sofitel main website (H0889@sofitel.com). We paid $95 + tax a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Bobal

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami Airport/Blue Lagoon several times. Nice property with several food options nearby and a decent pool. They also have a free shuttle to/from MIA.

Thanks. Will check it out.

I recommend Sofitel Miami airport - really nice rooms, lovely pool area and free transfer to the airport.

Book via the Sofitel Miami website rather than the Sofitel main website (H0889@sofitel.com). We paid $95 + tax a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks. Have already looked at the Sofitel. Only rate I can get on line is one for staying overnight. Will call/email them later.

Great. Will go check them out now.

Have you used this site before?

I haven't, but the only reason is that they only appear to book the room for 2 and when I first needed it (last summer) there were 4 of us. I contacted them and they responded very quickly but said they could only book for 2 so I contacted the hotel direct and got the quote of $95 + tax and that it was OK for 4. I booked direct with the hotel again for earlier this month.

The price works out about the same anyway and I would be happy to use the above company since they seemed very efficient.

fort. Lauderdale offered day rooms including transfers port to,hotel and hotel to FLL airport for $49.99 for up to 4 people. it's not fancy!! But had an ok restaurant bar and swimming pool. Our assigned room was on 2 nd floor and no elevators but it beat being stuck at the airport all day!

I've never seen prices for "Day Rooms." Is this something you must call the hotel directly for?

There are several websites which offer availability for day rooms - just google hotel room for a day. Alternatively you can call the hotel to see if they offer it.

From our point of view it's well worth it. The flights back to the UK are in the evening. We can take advantage of all hotel facilities - bedroom, pool, wifi etc during the day - have a nap (if we want), then take a shower in a nice bathroom and get ready for the flight home. Much more preferable to sitting around in an airport for many hours.

Edited by Bobal

What are day rooms?

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

A hotel room you use just for the day. Usually between 9/10 am until 4/5pm.

Airport hotels offer them for people to use if they have long lay overs between flights.

In the past RC have provided them as part of the flight package, for those leaving the ship in the morning but not flying home until the evening.

Great for either catching some sleep or as a base for the day so you can freshen up before your flight.

We use it as an extension to our holiday because you can use the pool and stuff.

That would be my guess. Never seen day prices advertised either.

There are several websites which offer availability for day rooms - just google hotel room for a day. Alternatively you can call the hotel to see if they offer it.

From our point of view it's well worth it. The flights back to the UK are in the evening. We can take advantage of all hotel facilities - bedroom, pool, wifi etc during the day - have a nap (if we want), then take a shower in a nice bathroom and get ready for the flight home. Much more preferable to sitting around in an airport for many hours.

Obviously I have been looking the last couple of days for day rooms at Miami Airport hotels ...

The only one that seems to actively offer these online is the Hilton. Their website allows you to search for and book these rooms (input same day to arrive and depart) ... about $129/£83

There is also the site Bobal posted about earlier.

The Sofitel also offers them if you contact them direct which I did (thanks Bobal) ... $108/£69.00. All booked.

The Courtyard by Marriott also offer them by contacting them direct, although was advised I would need to contact them a few months before.

For other airports I guess you just need to contact the hotel direct if you need a day room.

No doubt now I've booked one, RC will magically add one to my reservation.