Anyone Else Get The Email About The Auction

rkmw

Its only for 2 cruises. However, where are the terms and conditions of the auction.

if you click on the cruise auction site its down the bottom of the cruises but you must register to bid

one of the big online sites is having an auction for cruises with a $1 starting bid but its mainly for p&o cruises

I received the e-mail as well. It seems they have quiet a few bids already some of the cruises are already over a hundred dollars a day.

Am I right in thinking that you are bidding on an unknown room? The only thing I saw was an oceanview room mentioned but no cabin number. I didn't have a good look through the site though.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Karryl

I know this probably a daft question but are you bidding for a cabin or a per person price :confused:

Jacquie

i dont know but it could be per person but you could always ring the agent and double check

EDIT: i had a look at the listing and it says this

Accommodation

Cruise Tickets for 2 Passengers (Both Passengers must be over the age of 19 years)

Oceanview Stateroom (Window with Obstructed view)

Twin or Queen bed Configuration

so going by that it looks like for 2 people

Edited by rkmw

I received the e-mail as well. It seems they have quiet a few bids already some of the cruises are already over a hundred dollars a day.

Am I right in thinking that you are bidding on an unknown room? The only thing I saw was an oceanview room mentioned but no cabin number. I didn't have a good look through the site though.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Karryl

going by the email its for 100 rooms and i would say they are guarantees this close to sailing

I dont understand why they are auctioning a cruise?

The whole idea of an auction is to obtain the highest price that is achievable....ask any Real Estate Agent, or vendor of a house.

Does this mean that for a high demand cruise , people will have to pay more than the going rate to get on board?

Does the difference go to the travel agent or the cruise line?

Conversley ,if the auction price does not meet the cruise line fare , is the agent going to pay the difference to buy the ticket?:confused:

The whole idea of an auction is to obtain the highest price that is achievable....ask any Real Estate Agent, or vendor of a house.

Does this mean that for a high demand cruise , people will have to pay more than the going rate to get on board?

Conversley ,if the auction price does not meet the cruise line fare , is the agent going to pay the difference to buy the ticket?:confused:

All good points David.

They're not just auctioning any and all cruises.

These are very near term cruises, so as last minute cruises they bring the price down to attract customers. This is as you say a way of trying to maximise the price from those customers.

I'm guessing it's an exclusive agreement (for now anyway) and the cruise line will take the price offered, and the agency will take their standard, or slightly varied, commission.

If it succeeds for the cruise line, they'll offer more. If it doesn't get the prices that they'd normally get, it won't.

I got that email too.

And could not believe my eyes because the Moreton Island cruise is one I had actually been watching for prices.

Not only watching, but taking screenshots.:)

I was puzzled when I went on the site and did not see that particular cruise listed at all yesterday, because it had had quite a few categories available the day before.

But then when I saw the email and followed the link, I realised they must have pulled it off the listings and put the remaining cabins up for auction.

But hey, I must be one of the few people around who knows the exact price each cabin was before the auction.:D

From what I can make out, the auction is for a guarantee room in an outside cabin and it is for 2 people.

Some of the auctions finished last night, or were close to finishing when I logged off the computer. But what I am noticing now is I can't find the finished auctions listed anywhere. They were over $450 when I logged off but I don't know what the end result was.

That would still be a bargain as the list prices were about $365pp upwards, from memory.

Seeing the finished auction results would be useful though.

I am not actually going on this cruise, have booked the same cruise for Feb 11th. But I was curious to see how cruise sales work out and what happens to prices, which is why I was following this particular cruise.

Edited by sherri3802

going by the email its for 100 rooms and i would say they are guarantees this close to sailing

Thanks for this. I understand now a guarantee oceanview for two with no name changes.

Does not include items of a personal nature. Does this include soap?:confused:

I will have to watch the auctions today at the finish time to get some idea what the cabins are going for just for interest sake. You never know if they will do this again.

Karryl

Thanks for this. I understand now a guarantee oceanview for two with no name changes.

Does not include items of a personal nature. Does this include soap?:confused:

I will have to watch the auctions today at the finish time to get some idea what the cabins are going for just for interest sake. You never know if they will do this again.

Karryl

From what I can gather, they seem to be setting it up as a permanent feature.

It says this:

The site will feature the major local cruise brands like P&O Australia, Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruise Lines, Celebrity Cruises and Princess Cruises. In the coming months we will also have international cruises and even European River cruises. All bidding starts at $1.

But I can't seem to get to the auction site from the normal home site for the company, if that makes sense. I can't find any mention of the auction site or any links there, which is odd.

Edited by sherri3802

There is my son, hubby & I so for this to be any good we would have to get two rooms or wait for a triple share to come up.

Hoping as it's a start up they will have some really good prices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app