Hawaii to vancouver or TA to Southampton

Hi there,

We are planning to book our third cruise (April 2016) as soon as we get on the Equinox next February.

We would like to have your opinions, pros and cons on the following choices:

- Hawaii to Vancouver on the Millenium

- Hawaii to Vancouver on the Solstice

- Fll to Southampton on the Equinox

DH has only two weeks vacation so we are not planning to spend more than two extra days before the one starting in Hawaii or one extra day after the TA.

What about the average weather?

Rough seas?:confused:

Not having extra time to visit in Hawaii or in Europe is not important to us, we have been in Europe many times. The most important thing is enjoying some great time and relaxing on a ship.:D

Thank you.

Josée

My vote would be FLL to Southampton which is a spring cruise. We've done a number of TA's and the spring US to Europe cruises have been incredibly smooth seas....you could kayak next to the ship. Fall TA's from Europe to the US tend to be much more subject to weather.

I can't address the hawaii cruises, but I think I'd focus on what the weather is like when they sail...that is, is it during hurricane season, etc.

I have done all 3 of these cruises. I would pick the Solstice to Hawaii. We are doing Vancouver to Honolulu in Sept. on the Solstice. A big reason is we live on the west coast and the air is easier for us. Depends on how much air travel you are willing to put up with.

I would pick the Hawaii to Vancouver on Solstice, but only because it's a more modern ship than the Millennium.

Just remember you will have shorter days ( 23 hrs)on the TA, Fll to Southampton, but are you sure it's Equinox and not Eclipse, which spends the summers sailing from Southampton.

Equinox will be sailing in the Mediterranean.

Hi there,

We are planning to book our third cruise (April 2016) as soon as we get on the Equinox next February.

DH has only two weeks vacation so we are not planning to spend more than two extra days before the one starting in Hawaii or one extra day after the TA.

Not having extra time to visit in Hawaii or in Europe is not important to us, we have been in Europe many times. The most important thing is enjoying some great time and relaxing on a ship.:D

Thank you.

Josée

2 days in Hawaii as opposed to 1 day in Southampton - now that's a difficult choice - NOT :D!

I'd vote for Hawaii to Vancouver in April, 2016...because I've already booked that trip! Departs Honolulu 4/26/2016, arriving in Vancouver 5/6/2016.

And I'll be on Equinox in February, 2015...departs Ft. Lauderdale 2/13/2015. Is that when you will be sailing on her?

Susan

I would pick the Hawaii to Vancouver on Solstice, but only because it's a more modern ship than the Millennium.

Just remember you will have shorter days ( 23 hrs)on the TA, Fll to Southampton, but are you sure it's Equinox and not Eclipse, which spends the summers sailing from Southampton.

Equinox will be sailing in the Mediterranean.

You're right it's not on the Equinox it's on the Silhouette.

Sorry!

I'd vote for Hawaii to Vancouver in April, 2016...because I've already booked that trip! Departs Honolulu 4/26/2016, arriving in Vancouver 5/6/2016.

And I'll be on Equinox in February, 2015...departs Ft. Lauderdale 2/13/2015. Is that when you will be sailing on her?

Susan

Susan,

We'll be on the next one, february 23rd. We did the 10 nights last year, our first cruise ever.

Not need to say, we loved it!

Josée

Good to know Josee.

My first Celebrity cruise was October, 2013, Mediterranean...came back and cancelled my planned cruise on Royal Princess for February, 2015, and booked on Equinox. I loved it that much. And started planning Solstice for April, 2016!

Maybe we'll meet on 2/23...the day I leave Equinox and you board...I'll be the one kicking and screaming...crying that I don't want to leave!

Hi there,

Thank you.

Josée

You might want to read recent reviews of both ships and determine which one you believe would have the best opportunity to provide you 'enjoying some great time and relaxing on a ship."

Good to know Josee.

My first Celebrity cruise was October, 2013, Mediterranean...came back and cancelled my planned cruise on Royal Princess for February, 2015, and booked on Equinox. I loved it that much. And started planning Solstice for April, 2016!

Maybe we'll meet on 2/23...the day I leave Equinox and you board...I'll be the one kicking and screaming...crying that I don't want to leave!

I understand. Even the last evening I start feeling sad!

So if you're the last to leave and I'm the first to get to the port, maybe we can say hello to each other. ;)

You're right it's not on the Equinox it's on the Silhouette.

Sorry!

Now, you've made the decision harder! I've been on all 3 of these ships. Just did the Silhouette TA westbound and loved every minute. So Silhouette to Southampton would be lovely. What are the ports?

OTOH, the Solstice from Hawaii to Vancouver would also be lovely but then I am biased as that cruise would take me home with no flight at the end. The Solstice does not have the Lawn Club Grill which I think is hands down the best Specialty restaurant of them all. I know there will be some that will not agree.

So, It would be between these two for me. Millennium would be a distant third. I think it boils down to which ports you would like to see.

I have done several transatlantics and several Hawaii cruises round trip out of San Diego. I preferred the Hawaii cruises.

I prefer the M Class to the S Class ships because of the dancing venues and the size of the ship, so that's why I would take the Millenium. In fact, if the Century were still an option, I would vote for the Century from Hawaii. I loved that ship!

Enjoy your cruise! Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

I have done several transatlantics and several Hawaii cruises round trip out of San Diego. I preferred the Hawaii cruises.

I prefer the M Class to the S Class ships because of the dancing venues and the size of the ship, so that's why I would take the Millenium. In fact, if the Century were still an option, I would vote for the Century from Hawaii. I loved that ship!

Enjoy your cruise! Jerry of Jerry and Lady Kathryn

Thanks Jerry for your input. We're new to cruising, we have never tried a M class ship but like you mentionned the dancing venues would be something for us to consider, we like to dance and like to listen to music in a nice environment.

Josée

Solstice, followed by a few nights on Oahu. Did it Sept, great cruise. Southhampton, a 5 hour bus ride to London. No airport.Another TA; maybe different opinion.

You were very unfortunate if it took 5 hrs to London from Southampton. It's 76 miles and should take just over 2 hrs by road via M3.

It takes us 5 hrs to travel 210 miles from Huddersfield to Surrey, which is South of London.

Edited by upwarduk

We did a TA from Miami to Harwich on the Northern route in late April 2014 on the Infinity and a Vancouver to Hawaii/Hawai to Sydney b2b on the Solstice in September and October.

You will love whichever you choose. We have decided we prefer cruising in cooler weather. We had a day or two of rough weather on the TA but the temps were mostly just amazing in the 60s and 70s. We also had a couple of really rough seas between Vancouver and Honolulu. Hawaii was very hot with very high humidity - to a persons everyone said "it is never this way here."

Thank you cruzzzinma for your informations.

Have another question for you, just asked in another thread but didn't get any answer yet.

Is the free beverage package available on a Hawaii to Vancouver çruise or is it like on a TA?

We're doing some maths before deciding which one to choose.

Thank you again for your help!

Josée

Thank you cruzzzinma for your informations.

Have another question for you, just asked in another thread but didn't get any answer yet.

Is the free beverage package available on a Hawaii to Vancouver çruise or is it like on a TA?

We're doing some maths before deciding which one to choose.

Thank you again for your help!

Josée

We have just booked Vancouver to Hawaii and received the free beverage package.

Kerry :)