Star Princess Late Departure?

Leo Mcgary

Yep still tied up to pier 27. No idea when we will sail. There was an announcement about the weather causing the delay, and something about delayed flights also having an impact on the schedule. Things are not going quite the way we are used to. Muster was delayed for over an hour and we have yet to see any luggage delivered to any room on caribe deck. The rain has stopped and we are having a lovely time sitting on our balcony watching the lights on the bay bridge. It's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Star last month. We left the port around 7 PM due to loading problems. We had a cabin on the port side and were able to watch the loading effort. Several ship officers appeared on the pier to direct the late loading of cargo probably to try and hurry things up. We had hoped to go under the bridge before dark but it did not work out. I just checked and webcam shows ship still in port. I hope you get out soon.

ImageUploadedByForums1419051542.110146.jpg.9fb6c80ecb72ba67d66c7c5966377ab9.jpg. Don't know how this pic will show up, but it shows the problem. We are on the Star, and our luggage is on the pier. The loading process is going so slow, I think we would do a better job with a chain gang. Our entertainment is leaning over the rail watching the forklifts jostle around.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

They want more money..so a

slowdown in their work

So the ship and the passengers

have to go thru this.

I hope you won't have to skip a

port because of this. You have four

days at sea, hope they can make up time.

Hope everyone on board doesn't let this

spoil their cruise. You can get up early on

the way back and see yourselves going under

the Golden Gate Bridge.

Bon Voyage!

Total BS.. The dock workers did the same thing to our cruise this past September.. It's all about the money... San Francisco needs to straighten out their relationship with the 2 unions involved. If this becomes the norm, I can see many people cancelling cruises including us.. We have 4 cruises scheduled out of SF in the next 8 months..

Total BS.. The dock workers did the same thing to our cruise this past September.. It's all about the money... San Francisco needs to straighten out their relationship with the 2 unions involved. If this becomes the norm, I can see many people cancelling cruises including us.. We have 4 cruises scheduled out of SF in the next 8 months..

I worked in the Bay area 35 years ago and in my industry, the unions had a strangle hold. I guess inconveniencing the passangers on a cruise ship is the most effective strategy from the union perspective....but there are other ports to cruise from with "passenger friendly" unions. If I am flying, I might as well fly to one of those ports instead of SFO.

I agree. We are on the Star April 29, 2015. :) My question is, do you think they will come to terms or is this something that happens no matter what?:(

A suggestion that might tell the dock workers what you think of them - nobody on the ship gives any of the porters a tip. Yes, I know that you all will think that your stuff will end up in the drink or on a ship to Afghanistan but it will not happen. I never tip the very well paid union porters anything and we always get our luggage.

DON

How long it would of taken if there

had been passengers getting off?

San Francisco better take care of this

or cruise lines will leave.

The city will lose and so will the dockworkers.

How long would it have taken if there were passengers getting off? Seems to me this is an isolated incident and lots of angst about very little.

Edited by shredie

How long would it have taken if there were passengers getting off? Seems to me this is an isolated incident and lots of angst about very little.

Two years ago when we dis-embarked in San Francisco, the same thing was happening.

The ship ended up sailing over 5 hours late that day with most of the blame being put on a work slowdown by the dockworkers.

Two years ago when we dis-embarked in San Francisco, the same thing was happening.

The ship ended up sailing over 5 hours late that day with most of the blame being put on a work slowdown by the dockworkers.

I thought it was due to Customs doing very tight screening of passengers doing self disembarkation. I heard the dogs barking as I waited on the stairs for hours to disembark. The gangway was just around the corner. Missed my 12:30pm flight.

We travel only with a carry on so won't need to deal with them. Hubby is a backpacker so we consider multi use items to pack. It also helps that Princess does our laundry :D

I say fire all of them, there are plenty of unemployed who would take a union job.

I thought it was due to Customs doing very tight screening of passengers doing self disembarkation. I heard the dogs barking as I waited on the stairs for hours to disembark. The gangway was just around the corner. Missed my 12:30pm flight.

That was why disembarkation was delayed.

But those embarking (delayed as it was) that day were on board long before the ship sailed, waiting for supplies and luggage to be loaded.