Price drop alert Bermuda spring 2015

Iamcruzin

If you booked a Bermuda cruise for spring 2015 check the pricing for your sail date. The price has dropped since I have been monitoring June of 2014. It looks like they added the pick your perk for inside staterooms and there is some crazy pricing for CC class that is actually less than a veranda or just $10 more. If you book CC you get all three perks.

If you booked a Bermuda cruise for spring 2015 check the pricing for your sail date. The price has dropped since I have been monitoring June of 2014. It looks like they added the pick your perk for inside staterooms and there is some crazy pricing for CC class that is actually less than a veranda or just $10 more. If you book CC you get all three perks.

I saw that yesterday.

The Concierge class was less than Veranda, which also dropped in price.

Which sailings please?

This sounds great. Can you provide link showing inside rooms are included in Pick your perk ?

Your right about the relative value when compared to other stateroom classes, and I see some sailings where CC is less than Verandah.....but in the context of the usual cost for spring Bermuda runs these prices are insane.

I think the CC and Aqua are livable given all of their perks....but sailings this time of the year often dip down to 399 for inside, 549 for oceanview and 699 for balcony.......I'm also not seeing where the BEV123GO code is working on the lower end rooms.....yes they have the green flag on them but the green flag seems to be for the "last minute luxury" promo.

I think there will be hundreds of people on cruise critic going crazy come February.....yes they will have some perks but they will have paid outrageous rates to go to Bermuda in the off season.

People get so mad when they come on here after final payment and they feel shafted, so hopefully some people will either believe me or go back and read your emails from last February and March.......some of the deals went as low as 299 for inside cabins for the May Bermuda sailings.....

and there were plenty of balconies to be had in the 579 649 range.......so 1149 even with the drink package is not so wonderful..... And if you don't drink and don't want the included drink package.....I would just wait a month or so to book. They can not fill the Summit in May for the prices they are asking.......if you drink and were buying the package anyway it doesn't really matter.......but if you don't these prices seems very high.

Edited by cherylroslyn

Be aware that if you are currently booked with the 123 All In Promo, none of the perks are combinable with the new lowered fares. this has been confirmed by several reservationists when I tried to have my fare reduced.

In my case, saving $780 total would not be worth losing the drinks package, gratuities, and $300 shipboard credit that I have with an Aqua class cabin currently.:(

Be aware that if you are currently booked with the 123 All In Promo, none of the perks are combinable with the new lowered fares. this has been confirmed by several reservationists when I tried to have my fare reduced.

In my case, saving $780 total would not be worth losing the drinks package, gratuities, and $300 shipboard credit that I have with an Aqua class cabin currently.:(

I agree with you. We are now book on a A1 at A2 price (Captain's Club perk) and my TA explains that new "last minute luxury" promo price can't be combined with 1-2-3 GO that we already have. It's confusing because on the Celebrity Home page both promos are show together.

Moreover, if you check on some cruise price scanning sites, it will appear as a large price drop but it's not really the case taking into account the value of the 123GO. The new promo could possibly be an attractive alternative for people who don't drink and feel that 123GO is not valuable for them.

Edited by vivi9909

The new promo could possibly be an attractive alternative for people who don't drink and feel that 123GO is not valuable for them.

We took advantage of the price drop on our Summit cruise in March because we booked an interior. The lowest price is $399pp for an interior. Of course we didn't book the cheapest interior but it is still a savings for us. In fact this is the second price drop for us since we booked at the end of August, for a total of $130pp. This is the same price we were paying for the Carnival Valor sailing that was cancelled by Carnival. So it can also be valuable to people like us who rarely book a ocean view or veranda.

So for the price of the Valor cruise we will now get to sail on Celebrity. Now I call that a deal.

I must have caught the price drop before Celebrity updated the promotion. When I did a mock booking I had a choice of booking an interior with a choice of the drink package, paid gratuity, or OBC. I thought it was strange since I never saw this offer valid for an interior stateroom. It appears when I do a mock booking for a C3 the all inclusive is available including the $300 OBC. However when I try to upgrade to a C2 the offer disappears. If I go through the 123go all inclusive link and click on Bermuda it only offers the last minute luxury offer. It's very confusing. I just thought I would be helping someone who booked recently. I apologize for the confusion.

Your right about the relative value when compared to other stateroom classes, and I see some sailings where CC is less than Verandah.....but in the context of the usual cost for spring Bermuda runs these prices are insane.

I think the CC and Aqua are livable given all of their perks....but sailings this time of the year often dip down to 399 for inside, 549 for oceanview and 699 for balcony.......I'm also not seeing where the BEV123GO code is working on the lower end rooms.....yes they have the green flag on them but the green flag seems to be for the "last minute luxury" promo.

I think there will be hundreds of people on cruise critic going crazy come February.....yes they will have some perks but they will have paid outrageous rates to go to Bermuda in the off season.

People get so mad when they come on here after final payment and they feel shafted, so hopefully some people will either believe me or go back and read your emails from last February and March.......some of the deals went as low as 299 for inside cabins for the May Bermuda sailings.....

and there were plenty of balconies to be had in the 579 649 range.......so 1149 even with the drink package is not so wonderful..... And if you don't drink and don't want the included drink package.....I would just wait a month or so to book. They can not fill the Summit in May for the prices they are asking.......if you drink and were buying the package anyway it doesn't really matter.......but if you don't these prices seems very high.

Cheryl

I booked a 2016 Bermuda cruise in a C2 for the price of a C3 $1399. It includes the all inclusive and $300 obc. We normally are happy with an ocean view so the CC class doesn't mean a thing to us. We wanted a veranda since this is for our 25th Anniversary. Our anniversary is in May so the date is an important factor. Would you say the $1399 is a good price given the time of year and the All inclusive deal? We would be buying the drink package if it wasn't included.

I must have caught the price drop before Celebrity updated the promotion. When I did a mock booking I had a choice of booking an interior with a choice of the drink package, paid gratuity, or OBC. I thought it was strange since I never saw this offer valid for an interior stateroom. It appears when I do a mock booking for a C3 the all inclusive is available including the $300 OBC. However when I try to upgrade to a C2 the offer disappears. If I go through the 123go all inclusive link and click on Bermuda it only offers the last minute luxury offer. It's very confusing. I just thought I would be helping someone who booked recently. I apologize for the confusion.

You don't have to apologize, what is confusing is the Celebrity Web site and not your fault at all. You just reported your own experience and it is a valuable contribution to this board. Thank you.

Cheryl

I booked a 2016 Bermuda cruise in a C2 for the price of a C3 $1399. It includes the all inclusive and $300 obc. We normally are happy with an ocean view so the CC class doesn't mean a thing to us. We wanted a veranda since this is for our 25th Anniversary. Our anniversary is in May so the date is an important factor. Would you say the $1399 is a good price given the time of year and the All inclusive deal? We would be buying the drink package if it wasn't included.

Yes, I would. With drink package, tips and half of the onboard credit, yes. Especially knowing you have the cabin you want on your anniversary....it is definitely a great deal.

I was really more or less trying to point out to some people that if you sip tea in the buffet, and you are not interested in drinks or buying anything on the ship, sometimes it just pays to wait. Especially for shoulder season in Bermuda. But late May is a great time to go to Bermuda....it is not too hot at that time.

Congratulations on you anniversary!!!

The last time I rebooked for my present upcoming Bermuda June cruise, Aqua 2 category- it was base price 1644 per person, (+204 fees) 123 all in promo plus $50 OBC---

The current promo that includes classic bev. and gratuities, but $150 OBC, would end up being around $250 more per person than what I recently paid. Celebrity "requires" price savy persons with good math skills! Hmmmm

If you are driving to the port, you can get much better pricing after final payment. My cousin got an ocenview for $499 for first week in June last year. I saw Ocenview with Beverage package for $699 (same week) but offer only lasted for a few days. However, I did not see any really great deals on veranda or CC, even after final payment. We went to Bermuda in 2013 and are planning on going this year if I get a good deal. Of course, all prices are plus tax which is a New York / Bermuda ripoff at almost $200 per person.

I'm booked on a C2 with C3 pricing and booked while on another cruise. So I had gratuities, drinks, $300 OBC plus $250 for booking while on a cruise. When I saw the price drop of about $800 I called by TA, who could not get the price break, without loosing everything as a new booking. Then I called X myself. I should also mention that the future cruise rep promised us that we could port the benefits to any other cruise until the middle of February, 2016. So specific for a tall tale.

I was told that even though the banner on the pages showed the 123go promotion, it didn't exist, period, and the portability was a mystery. I spoke with the next department up and was told the same thing. I was supposed to get a call back from a real supervisor, within 24-48 hours, so I could share my pain.

Needless to say, no one called me back, but lo and behold, the banner ads were removed form my May 17th trip.

So when X reads this, contact me here and I'll get back with you to correct this ridiculous, but apparently normal, treatment of your guests. Maybe the new CEO needs to be reminded about how those guests vote with their feet.

Jeff

I'm booked on a C2 with C3 pricing and booked while on another cruise. So I had gratuities, drinks, $300 OBC plus $250 for booking while on a cruise. When I saw the price drop of about $800 I called by TA, who could not get the price break, without loosing everything as a new booking. Then I called X myself. I should also mention that the future cruise rep promised us that we could port the benefits to any other cruise until the middle of February, 2016. So specific for a tall tale.

I was told that even though the banner on the pages showed the 123go promotion, it didn't exist, period, and the portability was a mystery. I spoke with the next department up and was told the same thing. I was supposed to get a call back from a real supervisor, within 24-48 hours, so I could share my pain.

Needless to say, no one called me back, but lo and behold, the banner ads were removed form my May 17th trip.

So when X reads this, contact me here and I'll get back with you to correct this ridiculous, but apparently normal, treatment of your guests. Maybe the new CEO needs to be reminded about how those guests vote with their feet.

Jeff

I went back and played around with the bookings for your sailing. You can book a c3 with under the $1259pp pricing. If you upgrade to a C2 you get the all inclusive promo but the price jumps up to $1679 pp. So basically you can't get the complementary upgrade from a C3 to C2 for being a captains club member with the lower pricing. I booked my Bermuda cruise for 2016 and was able to get the C2 with the C3 Pricing as you did when you originally booked.

I went back and played around with the bookings for your sailing. You can book a c3 with under the $1259pp pricing. If you upgrade to a C2 you get the all inclusive promo but the price jumps up to $1679 pp. So basically you can't get the complementary upgrade from a C3 to C2 for being a captains club member with the lower pricing. I booked my Bermuda cruise for 2016 and was able to get the C2 with the C3 Pricing as you did when you originally booked.

All this has been done after I called to complain and pointed out the flaws on the web site. I'm sure I wasn't alone. Guess it was easier to fix the site than help out the poor abused customer. Imagine that.