getaway I'am angry freestyle promo

tilou00

You will get no sympathy from the regulars here. I for one feel your pain. I intend to put a dent in their lack of empathy/concern of which I will not explain here. I won't get it all back ($$$) but I'll feel better on the cruise. Loyal customers who feel mistreated and taken advantage of will find alternative vacations. NCL knows when to raise and lower pricing, offer promotions, etc. In an effort to maximize capacity/profits. We can play the game as well, once we know the rules.

The real lesson here is that no matter what vacation you plan, know that if there is availabilty within the last weeks leading up, they WILL lower their price or add a promotion to sell off. Not just NCL, not just cruises, but land vacations (last minute deals) anything packaged as they want to sell them all. Some travel sites are built on the premise, the one for the unused hotel rooms is another good example.

I totally understand being disappointed in not being able to get the latest promotion or in paying more before final payment date, but this happens all of the time, and selling off is what helps keep cruises full and in business.

I certainly hope you're not implying you'll stiff the staff so you get some money back, as that does not affect NCL one iota, it only takes money from the hardworking staff. Hopefully I'm jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

Hi,

I make a B2B cruise in January 2015. My final payment is made. I'm angry that norwegian now offers the freestyle promo free ultimate beverage or ultimate dining and in addition my cruises are cheaper. I try to have still promoting. There are people who have had this promotion? . What is it to be a loyal customer for Norwegian and carry at least 1,000 people who have not been able to take advantage of this promotion. I wanted to share this with you, especially if other people have been having. if anyone knows a way to let me know.

Thank you

Huh?

They are having a fire sale.

Here we go again..........

If the price of your cruise went up would you be willing to pay the difference?

If you purchased a car yesterday and a day or week later they offered a promotion of free gas for a year and the cost of the car was cheaper would you be able to return it?

Harriet

Hi Harriet, as per your car example Yes I would try to return it. I would have expected the sales rep to inform me that a big sale was coming up. And it's not about Entitlement as some people might think it's about leverage and negotiations. The car dealer makes relatively little on the initial sale. The real money is made on the service over the life of the car. So I know that they want my 'repeat' business and I will use everything at my disposal to leverage the best deal I can. They are in business to make money - I am a customer whose business is to let them make the minimum possible off me.;)

Same goes for Cruise lines, airlines, the government (I have a very good tax accountant!), and every other business out there that I deal with. :D

So OP contact NCL and negotiate! Use any leverage you can. :D

Edited by DirtyDawg

Anyone who booked the day or day(s) immediately preceding the start of the recent promo should have known via their own research (as many did) that they might want to wait a day or a couple of days to book, so as to be able to take advantage of the deals. And I disagree that it would be NCL's (or in the example above, the car salesman's) responsibility or duty to say "hey now why don't you wait for the sale to start"... That's OUR responsibility as consumers to know when it makes the most sense for us to make a purchase we are considering.

That's a travesty. Send back your worn boots and demand to be refunded the difference!!

As a matter of fact this happended to me and I contacted the vendor when this occurred. I was given a gift certificate for the difference between what I paid and what the item was on sale for now. I will definitely purchase many more items from the vendor as the customer service they offered was exceptional.

On a side note, I work in retail and people return worn out items that are months old all the time.

We got this promo 5 days before sailing - BUT it may be that we also upgraded our cabin. We had a balcony room booked originally on the Breakaway, but when we upgraded ourselves to a higher category, we were able to get the promo included.

DirtyDog: I agree, nice response. In my case it's not the promotion I desire, it's the large reduced pricing I wasn't afforded when I booked. Best Buy, Sears, or anyone else would match the best price around in the form of a rebate, or store credit.

Different budiness model - the contact explains that.

Large pizza: Not the same. You wore the boots.

I was trying to make a point, since this is elementary to most everyone else. I'm sorry it didn't work. Cruise lines offer specials. They try to fill cabins. It's the business model. This is how it has always been, and this is how it will always be. I'm sorry you view it as unfair.

By the way - It was a fake example. Maybe I wore the boots, maybe I didn't. Maybe they have 30 day return policy - just like the cruise line has final payment policy. Either way, we work within the policies and we don't complain. Well, most of us don't.

Edited by LrgPizza

Here is the part people tend to forget when they get all worked up.

If they did NOT offer this promotion, all would be fine. The OP was fine with the booking they made. So, if NCL just stopped the promotion, they would be fine.

They are acting like a child because somebody else got something they did not.

Next time, wait until the last minute. Maybe you will get a deal like this. Maybe the price will be higher. Maybe they will be sold out. Your choice.

I have a question. I have done some mock bookings for a last minute cruise on the BA for this January. I type in the code for the UBP, but when I get to the summary page it is just giving me $200 OBC. I am toying with booking a balcony room, and it is a 12 night cruise. Is there a restriction I don't know about?

I have a question. I have done some mock bookings for a last minute cruise on the BA for this January. I type in the code for the UBP, but when I get to the summary page it is just giving me $200 OBC. I am toying with booking a balcony room, and it is a 12 night cruise. Is there a restriction I don't know about?[/QUOTE]

Having a good working relationship with a PCC or TA doesn't cost you a cent and they are worth their weight in gold.

DirtyDog: I agree, nice response. In my case it's not the promotion I desire, it's the large reduced pricing I wasn't afforded when I booked. Best Buy, Sears, or anyone else would match the best price around in the form of a rebate, or store credit.

Hi guys, it truly amazes me that most CC'ers seem to think that the cruise lines are some kind of charity or religious group rather than a business. Cruise lines' guidelines and/or policies are not gospel or 'law' - they are self-serving business practices. As a card carrying capitalist I wholeheartedly agree they should have self-serving policies and practices but as a capitalist consumer I reserve the right to leverage my rights i.e. my money, to offset their capitalist rights. And let the better leveraged party win!;)

However, when you book you are basically signing a contract with NCL which states their rules, regulations, etc. etc. etc. and you agree to those terms.....if you didn't you wouldn't book.

I've set to see a contract for anything I purchase at Best Buy, Sears, etc.

Harriet

We got this promo 5 days before sailing - BUT it may be that we also upgraded our cabin. We had a balcony room booked originally on the Breakaway, but when we upgraded ourselves to a higher category, we were able to get the promo included.

Wow you really lucked out. When I called my PCC to inquire about the current promotion for my 1/30/15 cruise on the Gem, I was told that I couldn't get the promotion. Even though I was willing to upgrade catagory from inside to OV at prevailing fare. I did book a 12 night on the BA for next January so at least I can take advantage of the promotion for that cruise.

However, when you book you are basically signing a contract with NCL which states their rules, regulations, etc. etc. etc. and you agree to those terms.....if you didn't you wouldn't book.

I've set to see a contract for anything I purchase at Best Buy, Sears, etc.

Harriet

As for those cruise line contracts that people seem to hold dear to their hearts I'll just quote Jean-Jacques Rousseau, The Social Contract (1762):

"I hereby make a covenant with you which is wholly at your expense and wholly to my advantage; I will respect it so long as I please and you shall respect it as long as I wish.”

Enter into and abide by that type of covenant if you wish. There are some of us who will reject the notion that the cruise contract is final and "written in stone."