Double Points for Solos

runner2013

Hi all,

I just logged into the RC website and there was a note saying for every night of my cruise I will receive 1 C&A point. I was under the impression if you sailed solo you received double points because you paid the supplement?

Does anyone know if this policy has changed?:confused:

Thanks

Patty

The policy hasn't changed. Where exactly did you see this?

Sometimes after a cruise they don't post the double points and you have to call to have your account updated. It's great that they award double points, but you have to be vigilant to be sure you actually get them. This has happened to me twice.

The only time you don't get double points is if you are booked in an SI or an SB cabin.

Edited by 138east

Current footnote 14 from C & A Terms and Conditions defines the point structure.

14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

While category SI is currently available on some Radiance and Quantum class ships, SB is currently only available on Quantum class. These are currently the only excluded categories for the extra point.

Quantum SB category has been re-categorized as SD from May and should also start giving the extra point after May.

I have gotten the extra point with several sailings where I have paid between 125 and 200%, proving it is not tied to specific supplement but available on all standard fares in double staterooms for single occupancy.

I note that they refer to this policy as a 'promotion' seaming to mean that it is subject to change if they were to decide that the promotion is no longer available.

Hi all,

I just logged into the RC website and there was a note saying for every night of my cruise I will receive 1 C&A point. I was under the impression if you sailed solo you received double points because you paid the supplement?

Does anyone know if this policy has changed?:confused:

Thanks

Patty

I am just amazed that you actually received a message on the Royal Caribbean website! :D

Others have already given you advice.

I have had to call EVERY time to get my points adjusted......

Ditto!! I just called on Saturday to get the points adjusted from my 12/15 Brilliance cruise...at least they correct the problem quickly...but it's a pain to always have to call!

I have to call each time as well, and here is what I just learned.

The C&A agent I just spoke to said that this almost always happens when a single is booked as part of a group.

For some reason (I believe pricing, and OBC), my TA almost always makes me into a group, even if it is only one or 2 cabins. I never question it, she has taken good care of our family for years.

So, at least now I know why it may be happening. As stated, it is a simple fix, even the agent said so.

I told her I had 4 future bookings, 2 on X and 2 on RCI that would all be solo in the cabin, and asked if she could flag them ahead for point review, or if we needed to wait and see.

She said no way to flag, just to call if they do not show up. She assured me that it was no problem. Job security, I guess....