Mortons steakhouse.

Josie2

We love Mortons and are likely going there on our upcoming visit pre cruise to Fort Lauderdale. We are Canadian so Mortons is a treat for us as we don't have them here. But, hey locals, is there another steakhouse we should consider instead?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for input. Miami is a bit far in a cab. We've been to Shulas on the beach. Thought it was overpriced for the quality.

Mortons is on Broward Ave, a five minute cab ride from hotels on 17th St.

I prefer Capital Grille to Mortons, but that's just a personal choice.

I haven't eaten in the Mortons in Fort Lauderdale but have eaten at the one here in Miami and at the Capital Grille many times in Naples, Miami and once in Fort Lauderdale.

I live right around the corner from Morton's and we go there often for happy hour and it is fantastic.

The only other place I would take a look at is Steak 954 in the W Hotel down on the beach. It is really good and on the ocean.

I agree with Sharon that Chima is also pretty fantastic.

I agree with Sharon that Chima is also pretty fantastic.

We love Chima but I would recommend that if you have never been to a Brazilian steakhouse please note that it is a very different dining experience from Mortons (which we also love). This description is from Chima's website:

Gauchos roam the dining room continuously offering exquisite churrasco of over 15 rotisserie meats including top sirloin, filet, ribs, lamb, pork, chicken, sausage and fish. Chima's sumptuous salad bar blends Brazilian and American favorites from salads, cold cuts, cheeses, soup and traditional Brazilian hot dishes.

Guests can choose from Rodizio and Salad Bar or Salad Bar only (includes grilled fish).

Best to not eat all day before going to Chima!

Where is Mortons? We may want to try it if it's close to where we will be staying pre-cruise. We've ate at Millers Ale House several times, would like to try something new.

SW Corner of Broward Blvd and S Federal Hwy, downtown Fort Lauderdale.

Steak954 looks great! Love the ocean views. Do they have specials or coupons available? We like the Mortons "full meal deal" with appy, steak, side and dessert for two people.

Where is Mortons? We may want to try it if it's close to where we will be staying pre-cruise. We've ate at Millers Ale House several times, would like to try something new.

If you go to Mortons you will pay about 10 times as much as Miller's Ale House (they are pretty reasonable) Mortons like any upscale steakhouse is very high end.

Steak954 looks great! Love the ocean views. Do they have specials or coupons available? We like the Mortons "full meal deal" with appy, steak, side and dessert for two people.

You might find something July through September but generally, it is hard to find any specials during season.

954 participates in "Dine Out" deals in October. http://www.sunny.org/listings/STEAK-954-AT-THE-W-HOTEL/7192/?fromMenu=0