Should I book our 2016 Cruise now or wait?

thomaskuhn

My wife and I have picked the 2016 Spain, Malta, and Italy Cruise Sailing May 30 for our "Makeup Anniversary Cruise"

I know that the 123Go is currently going on but really wanted to wait until our tax returns were back before booking. I was concerned that the 123Go might not be available at that time. What are the chances that it will not?

Now that I am seeing this $25 Deposit special, I might just book now. Are there any catches with that?

Spain, Malta & Italy Cruise

I don't know why you would wait, if you see a cruise you want, a price that makes sense, and a good promo. You can always cancel before final payment if you later determine you don't want to go.

Absolutely no one can answer with any certainty whether any particular promo will still be available in the future beyond the current expiration date.

Assuming you are US based, you can always cancel and get refund of deposits and rebook later.

Other rules apply in other countries, though if you can get eh $25 deposit, worst case you lose $25 if your countries booking rules require a deposit forfeiture.

I say book it, can't see how the perks will get any better, though fares may reduce and some perks may be removed.

My wife and I have picked the 2016 Spain, Malta, and Italy Cruise Sailing May 30 for our "Makeup Anniversary Cruise"

I know that the 123Go is currently going on but really wanted to wait until our tax returns were back before booking. I was concerned that the 123Go might not be available at that time. What are the chances that it will not?

Now that I am seeing this $25 Deposit special, I might just book now. Are there any catches with that?

Book for the $25 each to get the cabin and deck you want.

Booking under the current promo for a $25 USD deposit per person is great! The only reason I might wait is if I was going to be on a cruise very soon and wanted to get the benefits of booking while on-board the ship.

If that is not an option for you, I would book now while a great discounted deposit is being offered and the 123 GO promo is available.

I see no downside, at least for US cruisers. Worst case is Celebrity holds your $25 deposit while you decide. If you use a TA, you could incur a cancellation charge from them but you can hold a reservation for 60 days before moving it to a TA which may give you enough time to decide. If the price goes down before final payment, you can get it adjusted (under current rules at least)

There is no reason to delay your booking as deposits are at an all time low and perks might change later. We have a 14 day eclipse for 2/16 and a 2/17 11 day Equinox, all with 123 package. Waiting has shown that prices will change if you choose a popular time and destination. Also, cabin choice is another reason to book ASAP .

Hal

We jumped based on th $25 pp deposit and the 123 promo for Europe :)

No reason not to book now since you can still compare it with what you can get on board later - and cancel or make changes then.

My Celebrity agent said if I were to transfer the booking to an agency they may charge me the full deposit. Other than that, no catches... :D