Transfer from Orlando airport to port canaveral

lillybean

I'm doing a 4 day Bahamas cruise at the end of March. I'm going with my sister and am trying to make things as stress free as possible. We're thinking of taking a car service or cab from the airport to the boat and back. Can anyone recommend a company and what the cost should be. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm doing a 4 day Bahamas cruise at the end of March. I'm going with my sister and am trying to make things as stress free as possible. We're thinking of taking a car service or cab from the airport to the boat and back. Can anyone recommend a company and what the cost should be. Thanks

Executive VIP Transportation if you want to have a private (not shared) service. Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx for a shared shuttle.

We just used Happy Limo for December 28 and again on January 2 for transportation to/from Disney to Port Canaveral and PC to MCO.

If you go on the Transportation Forum on the disboards there are many reviews of the popular services. Happy Limo and FL Tours are highly recommended. Happy gave us the best price for our party of 10 with luggage. It was a large van with a luggage attachment towed on the back.

js

Cocoa Beach Shuttle ......I did not use them, but have seen mentioned discount ( I think 10%) if 'you' tell them that you are a CC member ....... not sure if that is still true - does anyone know ?

Edited by wieslaw

I have done this 4x in the past 2 years..lots of options...either pirvate shuttle, or do a hotel/shuttle package.

Can either stay in Orlando or coco beach area, whichever you prefer.

Private car will run you around $200 return.

Hotel/shuttle about the same, so its really which u prefer.

Cocoa Beach Shuttle ......I did not use them, but have seen mentioned discount ( I think 10%) if 'you' tell them that you are a CC member ....... not sure if that is still true - does anyone know ?

It was true in July, my family used them. Cost was $25 before discount IIRC.

Strongly suggest you check with the rental car companies. MCO is a unique situation. Usually, a one way rental is quite expensive but with so many people moving back and forth between the airport and the port, Orlando is different.

Our last cruise out of Port Canaveral was in 2013 and a one way rental cost us less than $40 each way. I forget who we rented with but it was one of the national brands. Probably Budget. They even had a very reasonable plan for the gas. If you had less than seventy miles, it was like $10 bucks for the gas.

Process was quite simple. Drop off. Shuttle to port. Get off the ship. Shuttle to rental car and back to airport.

We did car rental in June. MCO -> Port via Budget, then Port -> Melbourne via National.

We had two days before the cruise (flew in Friday night for a Sunday departure), and left from Melbourne on Monday. The car rental was still <$100 combined.

We did car rental in June. MCO -> Port via Budget, then Port -> Melbourne via National.

We had two days before the cruise (flew in Friday night for a Sunday departure), and left from Melbourne on Monday. The car rental was still <$100 combined.

Good point. We came in the night before the cruise. Having a rental car is useful if you want to go out to dinner or do some shopping for wine, etc.

My vote is for the car rental. We did it last September. It was easy peasy.

Maybe yes

Maybe no

We've done this a few times and the price depends upon may variables. I would also point out that some rental companies only have one van to transport to/from the pier. Some who arrived after us at the rental location had to wait well over an hour to get to the pier.

The car rental worked very well for me/us when we needed transfer /transportation from MCO to PC and back to the airport.

But ..... that might not be the option for the op.

The op stated there is only the op and the sister , the op stated that they need 'stress free as possible' and is looking for car or cab service from airport to port, and back. From that it seems that they are coming in on the day of the cruise and going back to the airport at the end of cruise.

So there might not be enough time for rental..... we do not know about their flight times. ...... and the cost of rental with fuel might even be higher than shared shuttle ...... and probably more stress for them.

OP should explain "stress free"

most posts here are addressing lower cost

but they are not "easiest" ... they involve more steps that just taking the cruise line transfer .... which DOES cost more ....

So OP:

- are you arriving day of, or day b4?

- how do you feel about driving a rental? {with a toll road involved}

- what wins, price or simplicity?

IME the most stress free IS the cruise transfer

if you can get past the price . . .

Edited by Capt_BJ

The car rental worked very well for me/us when we needed transfer /transportation from MCO to PC and back to the airport.

But ..... that might not be the option for the op.

The op stated there is only the op and the sister , the op stated that they need 'stress free as possible' and is looking for car or cab service from airport to port, and back. From that it seems that they are coming in on the day of the cruise and going back to the airport at the end of cruise.

So there might not be enough time for rental..... we do not know about their flight times. ...... and the cost of rental with fuel might even be higher than shared shuttle ...... and probably more stress for them.

Good points, all. I mentioned the rental car only as a possible option. I know the first time I cruised out of PC, I would not have thought of the rental car as a viable option had not someone mentioned it on another thread. I must have rented a couple a hundred rental cars but one way rentals are almost always price prohibitive. But, I learned that almost always, isn't the same as always and I was very glad that someone expanded my horizon by mentioning rental cars. OP can decide if it's too much of a hassle but it is one option for consideration.

Thanks for all the responses... to answer some questions or to clear up some questions.. We are coming in the day of the cruise around 9:30 a.m. I not comfortable driving in the US never done it and just don't want the added stress of fiquring out the roads etc. I also don't want to wait around to pick up a rental car.. we were in Flordia last year and we waited quite a while to get a rental car. I am not opposed to doing sharing a shuttle, the more the merrier or taking a non-shared car. Jsut want a nice safe friendly company to start and end my vacation off nicely.

coming in day of from outside the US ..... (based on I not comfortable driving in the US)

I'd recommend the cruise shuttle .... yes it will cost more but all in all, I'd say it will be the least stress.

OR a private car aka limo service ...

my concern is with a 9:30 arrival time you still need to clear customs (again based on I not comfortable driving in the US) so you could be 1030 or later actually looking for your ride. And if your flight is late . . .

You'll probably be ok with a shuttle .... I'd recommend Travelynx - they are the BIG DOG in town - but when I have been in this situation I just bit the bullet and paid the cruise price .... then they handle the luggage and and and