LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

Trainman2. Thank you for posting the pictures of Embassy Suites. We will be staying there prior to Allure on Feb 1. I will enjoy following your cruise!

A few questions....how are you getting to the port and what time do you plan on getting there?

Have you eaten at BiminiBoatyard or Nanking Asian Bistro?

Thank you,

Charlene

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

A few questions....how are you getting to the port and what time do you plan on getting there?

You can park at the hotel for $7/day or the port for $15/day. A Taxi from the hotel to the port is $9.

We are going to drive to the port about 10:30 tomorrow morning and hope to meet up with Ally and Lyric in the terminal, check in, and board together.

We prefer to park at the port because we can have a porter haul our luggage direct to the car and be on our way home by 8:30 or 9 am.

I assume that you are "Ready To Loose" all of the cold, snow, and ice.

There were actually some very light snow flurries and sleet two nights ago in our area.

No accumulation at all...

Yep! It was -35 windchill when we left home on Thursday. Hopefully it's a little warmer when we get back.

I plan on watching the Packer game tomorrow after we board so I'm not sure if we wil get to the meet up at the Solarium bar but hopefully we'll get to meet at some point.

Now that we can't smoke on the Balconies, the most likely place to find us will be in the smoking area on the pool deck near the Pool Bar.

Of course, with Lyric along we will also be spending time on the non-smoking side near the Kiddy Pool with her Mom.

We are so looking forward to seeing how Lyric reacts to the Allure. A 6 year old's first cruise will be on the biggest ship in the World!

Edited by Trainman-2

:D:D:D:DHey Jim and Judith !!

Have had this on a sticky note on my monitor since I found out y'all were going.

Sooo looking forward to this cruise, as always!! Have fun and enjoy the "family".

Thanks for the vacation ! Looking forward to all of it !!

Linda

Now that we can't smoke on the Balconies, the most likely place to find us will be in the smoking area on the pool deck near the Pool Bar.

Of course, with Lyric along we will also be spending time on the non-smoking side near the Kiddy Pool with her Mom.

We are so looking forward to seeing how Lyric reacts to the Allure. A 6 year old's first cruise will be on the biggest ship in the World!

We got off the Oasis last month with our 5 year old which was his first cruise and when he first saw the ship his reaction was there it is, the Oasis. He was smiling ear to ear. He's been watching it on the webcam for a year or so now but you can't be prepared until you see it in person how big it really is. It was priceless and I'm sure Lyric will react the same way. Have fun.

I am anxious to read your review. I have read some o your reviews before. We were on the Allure once before and plan on cruising on her at the beginning of Feb.

I have been a little concerned I have heard that the service has gone down hill. I am hoping they just crabby cruisers

I was on Allure last month and saw someone in the Diamond Lounge who looked like you. When I got closer I realized it wasn't you. But I would have loved to have met you. Enjoy your cruise. Allie is a wonderful ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums