LIVE From the ALLURE, 11 Jan 2015, With Trainman-2, Judith, and LYRIC

The ship is zipping along at 18.1 kts and the apparent wind speed is full on to the bow at 36 kts.

I am guessing that the Captain slowed down a bit yesterday to reduce the wind speed on the weather decks and increased speed at night to make up the time.

I was just curious. I am a teacher so I was wondering what did you teach?

I taught Junior High School level in the public schools in Florida. 7th & 8th grade Science but I converted to Pre-Vocational Agriculture which was really fun at the Junior High level.

I have really been slowing down lately!

I spent New Year's Eve in the ER at our local hospital with urinary problems and when my Urologist cut me loose, he really read the riot act to me about over working and the need to take is easy.

I am 70 years old now and I think I have finally realized that I can't "do stuff" like I did when I was in my 20's.

This is affecting my cruising and live reporting. I simply can't walk and wander all over the ship like I used to when I started doing live reports years ago.

I remember doing the first Live Report from the Oasis only a few weeks after it entered service. I wandered all over the ship and took well over 1,000 photos even though I couldn't upload and post them all. But I did post the best ones.

There have been so many live reports from RCI ships, excluding the Quantum, that I don't need to photograph everything anymore.

With Ally and Lyric cruising along with us this thread is going to be more about them than the Ship.

So relax and follow along knowing that I have mellowed out and am taking it easy as my Doctor told me to.

Trainman2, I am glad to see that you and your "extended" family are having such an amazing time. I am also glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love your live reports, and this one is even better as I have some friends (a married couple) onboard with you. Ths is their second cruise. I get to read about your day, and guess what my friends are up to as well.

Andrew

I have really been slowing down lately!

I spent New Year's Eve in the ER at our local hospital with urinary problems and when my Urologist cut me loose, he really read the riot act to me about over working and the need to take is easy.

I am 70 years old now and I think I have finally realized that I can't "do stuff" like I did when I was in my 20's.

This is affecting my cruising and live reporting. I simply can't walk and wander all over the ship like I used to when I started doing live reports years ago.

So relax and follow along knowing that I have mellowed out and am taking it easy as my Doctor told me to.

Trainman, first order of business is for you to relax and enjoy your cruise. Any photos you can post are just icing on a very rich cake for the rest of us and much appreciated.

Enjoy Labadee today!!

Norris

Trainman - you have given back over and over again. We have had the opportunity to see thousands of your amazing photos over the years. Enjoy this cruise with your beautiful family and cherish the moments you are able to cruise through the eyes of a child :)

Trainman, first order of business is for you to relax and enjoy your cruise. Any photos you can post are just icing on a very rich cake for the rest of us and much appreciated.

Enjoy Labadee today!!

Norris

Couldn't agree more! We're all just thrilled to follow along and know that all are having a fantastic time!!

Trainman, let me echo the prior comments by many. Slow down, enjoy the cruise through Lyric's eyes, we will all be here later. Your health, well-being and enjoyment of the cruise with your extended "family" is what's important.

Of course we love your pictures and can't wait for your next live report, but you do need to put yourself first!! Enjoy!!!

She loved them both!

Good morning Trainman. We will be on Allure on Feb 1. My husband wants to get the Thermal suite package for the week. Do you have any experience with that? Pricing? Diamond discounts?

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoyed the first part of the review Trainman!

Please remember those of us who are following along do it for your wit and stories... not for 1000 photos. We want you to be happy, healthy and do what you love in a way that is safe for you to do it.

Keep up what you can, we appreciate it!

As for Lyric!! I have a 10 year old. We did a cruise in 2013 and she remembers it to be the same as you are describing for your grandbaby... She said "they all call me princess mom, do you think they talked about me and decided to call me such a nice nickname??" She truly believed they all were ONLY calling her that! She thought she was the princess of the cruise! ha

They are amazing with the kids on RCCL and I am sure you can see how special a cruise is through the eyes of a child.

We leave next week on our second family trip, and my daughter has been counting down 531 day till we board AOS in San Juan!

Safe Travels to you, Judith and the others.

Chass

I'm really enjoying your review. I did finally find your review from oasis back in 2010 but I guess because it's so old I cant see your pictures. When you get a chance can you maybe post a link to that review? I can read it but I know you have amazing pictures in there that I would love to see.