Just booked a great deal on Journey

lizboyle

Secured a great deal on Journey July 30 with free flights from Edinburgh. Thank you Azamara, one happy repeat cruiser! :)

Awesome.

That's an itinerary (Greek Isles & Turkey) that we would definitely like to do someday.

Secured a great deal on Journey July 30 with free flights from Edinburgh. Thank you Azamara, one happy repeat cruiser! :)
I'm delighted to read this, but it seems to conflict with the complaints here on the Twynam thread about UK folks getting less attractive pricing than those of us across the pond. Can someone try to reconcile this seeming conflict for those of us puzzled?

I'm delighted to read this, but it seems to conflict with the complaints here on the Twynam thread about UK folks getting less attractive pricing than those of us across the pond. Can someone try to reconcile this seeming conflict for those of us puzzled?

I am sure MR Twynam will respond, but this may of course be an agency promotion

I am sure MR Twynam will respond, but this may of course be an agency promotion
Even if it's an agency promotion, in order to make a profit Azamara must be giving the agency very attractive pricing, whereas at this point in time the only Azamara special pricing in the US is the choice of $1000 OBC or ChoiceAir credit per couple, or an upgrade from inside to oceanview or oceanview to veranda--and this is one of Azamara's less generous promotions.

I have read here of many packaged offerings available to UK folks in particular and Europeans in general, including air and perhaps hotel in addition to the cruise fare that blow away anything I've seen here in the States.

Even if it's an agency promotion, in order to make a profit Azamara must be giving the agency very attractive pricing, whereas at this point in time the only Azamara special pricing in the US is the choice of $1000 OBC or ChoiceAir credit per couple, or an upgrade from inside to oceanview or oceanview to veranda--and this is one of Azamara's less generous promotions.

I have read here of many packaged offerings available to UK folks in particular and Europeans in general, including air and perhaps hotel in addition to the cruise fare that blow away anything I've seen here in the States.

I think you are over estimating the value of the free flights in this offer - they certainly will not be worth the sterling equivalent of $1000 although as the OP has said they are very welcome.

I think you are over estimating the value of the free flights in this offer - they certainly will not be worth the sterling equivalent of $1000 although as the OP has said they are very welcome.

Indeed flights from Edinburgh to Athens available (return) for just over £200!

The value of "flights included" depends on where you live. For flights from Canada to a European cruise we usually need to spend between $1000 and $1300 each. So the Choice Air credit of $1000 per stateroom [/b] helps, but still does not come close to being a free flight. It also means you are still paying full fare for the cruise.

Edited by cruisemuse13

Hi Liz, I wish you could tell me exactly what the good deal was. I only see prices for 2015 which, when compared for a similar itinerary to that we did last year, are almost double. (Sorry, I keep saying this, but cannot find a "reason" for this pricing.) I think we have a good deal for an Oct 2016 cruise to the Middle East, but time will tell. If I could send you a private message, I would. But that seems unavailable on here.

Getting a good deal for any vacation is nice. I got a mailing today from Azamara with the 3 choices ($1000 off air $1000 OBC or an upgrade). However, the prices are way up. Even with the choices of the above 3 offers, the prices are out of line. You must have a exclusive promo. Some agencies get exclusive pricing. I have managed to find some agencies that put together a group booking with a reduced fare. US agents don't seem to push Azamara. My TA has good offers on other lines. Enjoy your cruise.

I think it is fair to say that some of the promotions sometimes "translate" differently for the UK market, we have booked twice using the Choices promotion during different campaigns and both times the upgrade option gave us the choice of ANY balcony cabin from V3 to VX grade for the price of the cheapest oceanview, on top of that due to Azamara's commission structure and our relationship with our TA we have been able get a further 8 -10% discount.

As we have been tracking a 2017 cruise since launch and have 5 other 2015/16 cruises booked I can also say that on all those cruises prices were not increased for this promotion.

Hi Liz, I wish you could tell me exactly what the good deal was. I only see prices for 2015 which, when compared for a similar itinerary to that we did last year, are almost double. (Sorry, I keep saying this, but cannot find a "reason" for this pricing.) I think we have a good deal for an Oct 2016 cruise to the Middle East, but time will tell. If I could send you a private message, I would. But that seems unavailable on here.

We also have been looking at Azamara cruises for 2015 and were disappointed that cruise plus air for 7 days was around £2400 bor a balcony.

We have just booked using the "free air"" and paid a total of £1529 pp for the 30 July Greece and Turkey cruise.

That seems a great deal to me!

May I ask what type of cabin you have booked as I have been quoted slightly over £2000 and I thought it wasn't a bad deal.

If this isn't an appropriate question please forgive me.

We are also puzzling over cabin grades. Midship is more important than balcony but we would like one if possible.

May I ask what type of cabin you have booked as I have been quoted slightly over £2000 and I thought it wasn't a bad deal.

If this isn't an appropriate question please forgive me.

We are also puzzling over cabin grades. Midship is more important than balcony but we would like one if possible.

No problem, that's for a balcony cabin, aft not midship (7010). I was quoted this price by one travel agent but they quoted terible flight times.

I then called another agent who quoted £1645 pp but the flight times they gave (from Edinburgh) were quite civilised. I asked them to match the £1529 price with these flights and they did

Journey 30 July £1193 pp including flights for an inside guarantee. Can't mention the TA but Eskimos might give you an idea.

There seem to be good deals on offer at the moment in the UK with various cruise lines on cruises with Turkish Ports. Perhaps people are worried about travelling to these areas at present.

Edited by vival