Cafe Al Bacio

Cruisingirl2012

What, if anything, is complimentary at the cafe or included with the classic drink package?

They have a full service bar at Café al Bacio. Just about everything you can get at any other bar, with maybe some minor exceptions. We found they have some of the best desserts, and always stop by there for an after-dinner Irish Coffee. Specialty coffees also. What are you looking for?

Edited by Wine-O

How about lattes and other alcohol-free coffees?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Lattes and alcohol free specialty coffees are available, as are pots of Tea Forte. For those who do not have a beverage package which covers specialty coffees or who are not Elite+ the specialty coffees and teas are available for an additional charge. All of the food offerings at the Cafe al Bacio are available for no additional charge.

I'm not 100% sure they're still doing this since we haven't cruised in two years, but one of the things I really liked about the Cafe was that they were happy to put drinks in to-go cups. It was so easy to grab coffee to go and bottled water on our way off to our shore excursions. :D

As others have said, the food is all available free of charge and they change out what they're serving throughout the day (pastries at breakfast, tea sandwiches at tea time, desserts after dinner, etc.). They're actually a nice quick bite.

There are five pages of coffee and tea drinks in their menu, and I believe that everything up to the final heading on the fourth page is covered under the classic beverage package.... Specialty coffee at the end of the fourth page and the whole fifth page theoretically aren't covered under the classic package, although I've read reports on Cruise Critic that on some cruises the whole menu has been covered by the classic package.

I'm not 100% sure they're still doing this since we haven't cruised in two years, but one of the things I really liked about the Cafe was that they were happy to put drinks in to-go cups. It was so easy to grab coffee to go and bottled water on our way off to our shore excursions. :D

Yup, just like Starbucks. :)

We used the cafe much more with the beverage package and I was really impressed with the friendly and fast table service in December on Constellation.

Great place to people-watch, read or do a Sudoku or crossword while sampling the coffees. Some comfy chairs by the windows. Fresh flowers on the table, a very nice touch, too.

Hah! Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the experience of sitting at the cafe when I had the time, but the option to leave with a nice coffee was definitely something we took advantage of :D

Oh, I do also, but if you want to send your wife down to get your double espresso and a chocolate croissant while you are getting dressed, that option is available. :rolleyes:

I highly recommend trying an affogato!! It is espresso over gelato - soooo good!!!

if you have the classic it is not included. Two different ships same answer.

drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

if you want to send your wife down to get your double espresso and a chocolate croissant while you are getting dressed, that option is available. :rolleyes:

For "some" reason, this seems to be reversed on our cruises. :cool:

Edited by Texed

My DH usually has the Bailey's in his coffee for dessert in the MDR, with the Classic package. Are you saying that he can no longer get this with the Classic?

I'm confused if that is NOT included.

Since Bailey's is included in the classic package, and drinks up to $8 are included in the classic package, can I presume that if a coffee with Bailey's is $8 or less, it would be included?

What's the difference if you order a cup of coffee (included) and a shot of Bailey's (included) and just do it yourself?

As others have said, the food is all available free of charge and they change out what they're serving throughout the day (pastries at breakfast, tea sandwiches at tea time, desserts after dinner, etc.). They're actually a nice quick bite.

There are five pages of coffee and tea drinks in their menu, and I believe that everything up to the final heading on the fourth page is covered under the classic beverage package.... Specialty coffee at the end of the fourth page and the whole fifth page theoretically aren't covered under the classic package, although I've read reports on Cruise Critic that on some cruises the whole menu has been covered by the classic package.

They don't do the tea sandwiches and small savouries any longer. It's pastries at breakfast until about 11:30, then they change over to desserts for the rest of the day. I do miss the savouries and tea sandwiches, as I try to avoid lunch, and am happy just to have a small bite at lunch time. Perhaps it doesn't make sense to have a change-over to savouries for 3 hours in the middle of the day when so many people are off the ship on most days. It would be wonderful if they could go back to the savouries at lunch on sea days.

Café al Bacio is one of my favourite elements of a Celebrity cruise.

They don't do the tea sandwiches and small savouries any longer. It's pastries at breakfast until about 11:30, then they change over to desserts for the rest of the day. I do miss the savouries and tea sandwiches, as I try to avoid lunch, and am happy just to have a small bite at lunch time. Perhaps it doesn't make sense to have a change-over to savouries for 3 hours in the middle of the day when so many people are off the ship on most days. It would be wonderful if they could go back to the savouries at lunch on sea days.

Café al Bacio is one of my favourite elements of a Celebrity cruise.

Aw! I'm sad that those sandwiches are gone since they were my personal favorite "meal" at the Cafe, but I really appreciate knowing before we sail. :(

My DH usually has the Bailey's in his coffee for dessert in the MDR, with the Classic package. Are you saying that he can no longer get this with the Classic?

Well, I think I said "yes" to your question that Bailey's is included, then added that some of the more expensive cordials are only offered with the premium package.

I just got off the phone with a celebrity cruise representative and she said that mochas, lattes, frappacinos, etc. are only included with the premium beverage package. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's odd, on my last cruise in June of vanilla lattes were included in my classic drink packages.