Breakfast menu - MDR

michelle028

There will be some items that are the same every day plus two specials that change every day and usually include:

Eggs Florentine(poached egg on spinach)

Fritata (something like an omelet)

Eggs Benedict

Pancakes (plus bacon,sausage etc)

The Lumberjack (Small steak and eggs)

and probably others

The MDR breakfast menus have two parts. On the left is a list of "normal" items that you you can get anytime, e.g., fruit, cereal, pancakes (sans blueberries), oatmeal, etc.

On the right are the specials of the day. These usually have three or four items on them.

You can choose any or all of them.

They like to serve breakfast in two courses. First comes fruit, or maybe a boiled egg, oatmeal or cereal. And a second course, such as pancakes, bacon & Eggs, or one of the specials.

While you are waiting, they also bring around some lovely pastries to keep you occupied.

• 9 months later...
Does Princess offer flavored coffee creamers? I am REALLY addicted to my French vanilla flavored coffee creamer for my first 2 cups. Should I just expect to go cold turkey or bring a small bottle of my own?

Much safer to bring your own addictions.:D

Does Princess offer flavored coffee creamers? I am REALLY addicted to my French vanilla flavored coffee creamer for my first 2 cups. Should I just expect to go cold turkey or bring a small bottle of my own?

On Diamond now, and haven't seen any.

The same goes if you want a different type of cheese on your omlet, ...

Or other omelet ingredients. I always ask for onion, mushrooms, green pepper, cheese and tomatoes (and occasionally spinach) in mine. BTW, if you want something on the side, like bacon or hash browns, make sure the waiter understands that these are side items. Otherwise you might find them in your omelet (ask me how I know.....:D).

Also, a hint on the Eggs Benedict. Ask for the sauce on the side. Otherwise it will be a dry, brown coating on top of the eggs.

Edited by ar1950

I have never seen flavored creamers on Princess.

Don't go cold turkey!

I bring my own onboard,the small little ones that need no refrigeration. They come in a box at the store,easily goes in checked suitcase.

Julie

Do they still do the crunchy French toast? I didn't see it on the Crown

I think so. It's one of the rotating specials, I think. BTW, the hash browns are those preformed things like at McDonald's. I don't much care for them, but the Eggs Florentine is wonderful.

Do they still do the crunchy French toast? I didn't see it on the Crown

It may or may not be one of the special breakfast options that vary every day. Depends on the length or the cruise. It is always available on the brunch menu if you want to eat late (its either after 10:30 or 11:00 am:confused:) and is part of the anytime offerings on the lunch menu. Never have had it because we have never made it to the MDR breakfast on the day it was served and have never had a desire for breakfast items when it is close to lunch time.

I think so. It's one of the rotating specials, I think. BTW, the hash browns are those preformed things like at McDonald's. I don't much care for them, but the Eggs Florentine is wonderful.

You haven't had a real omelet until those hash browns are added into it even though you thought that the waiter understood it was supposed to be a side item. Oh yum, mushy potatoes cooked in egg......maybe not.:D

The James Beard French toast is usually on the breakfast menu on disembarkation day.

It sometimes is offered during the cruise, but rarely.

The James Beard French Toast and Eggs Benedict is an always available item under the Brunch section of the MDR lunch menus. Lunch in the MDR menu is available on sea days and some port days with early leaving time or late arrival time.

DH loves hazelnut in his coffee. We bring a bottle. We "guesstimate" how much he will use for the # of days on the ship and bring a bottle with that amount.

I keep an empty container in the cupboard for this purpose.

I have seen salmon and bagels almost always. One of our group had it every day. The French toast is there to get more people in the dining room the last day. Although one of our group said it was on the buffet often. Though I don't think I've ever done the breakfast buffet.

BTW, the hash browns are those preformed things like at McDonald's.

I actually like most fast-food hash browns better than the Princess hash browns. The Princess ones are all mush inside, more like mashed potatoes with crust around them.

Jim

Is there any fish on MDR breakfast menu...like lox/smoked salmon plate with capers?

What about lox at the buffet..?

There is a plate called from the sea on the breakfast menu,which is basically lox & a bagel,cream cheese,tomato,onion, and capers. I think it is available daily in the MDR.

Julie

I would assume that the breakfast menu would follow the customs of the area being cruised, e. g. Mediterranean vs. Alaska - or not? I very much miss the super great German Broetchen (hard bread rolls). Surprised that they are not offered on a shipping line with an "international" reputation.