Australian currency

Will we need Australian currency to pay for taxi from hotel to our ship? Also, will we need NZ currency at the ports of call? Where would we get best exchange rate? Our bank in the USA, the airport or ATM in Sydney? Two weeks and counting!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CruiserBruce is correct, you will need Australian and NZ currency :)

I would get a some Australian currency before you leave the USA so you can pay for a taxi etc... before you get to your hotel, then you get always get some more at a local atm, if need be.

Then you can get NZD $$ from a local ATM, if you want, but check with your bank to see what fees they might charge for overseas ATM's, it might even be worth getting NZD before you leave the USA.

Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much! Ordered Australian $$ from our bank and will get NZ$$ from ATM if necessary.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not too sure if you have seen / had AU$ before, but I think you will be pleasantly surprised - it's quite colourful and is made of "plastic" feeling paper.

Smallest denomination of notes in AU$ is a $5 note.

Here's a link to what it looks like. https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&biw=1156&bih=873&site=imghp&tbm=isch&q=australian+currency&revid=1014459614&sa=X&ei=g3zBVJPFEYHZmAXw7IKICQ&ved=0CCUQ1QIoAg

There are currency exchange places (like Travelex and Western union) in most cities around Australia and NZ if you require more, they are also in the airports and on the cruise ship. Just be wary of the exchange rates as they can vary greatly and not in your favour.:D

There are currency exchange places (like Travelex and Western union) in most cities around Australia and NZ if you require more, they are also in the airports and on the cruise ship. Just be wary of the exchange rates as they can vary greatly and not in your favour.:D

Best to just use ATMs, in my experience, except in Fiji where they sting you 10 FJD for the privilege! :mad: