goat cheese souffle?

PekingeseLady

OK, I have never heard of goat cheese soufflé. Can someone help tell me what this is, how it taste, like what it compares too. Flavor and texture. I'm scared to order it, anything with the word goat in it just seems wrong. :eek:;):D

YUMMMMMMMMMMM Order it and try it. You will love it...if not...don't eat anymore. That's what's nice about cruising

I had read nothing but great things about them and I LOVE goat cheese (kind of creamy and tangy at the same time). Tried one on the Emerald this year and I wasn't impressed. But maybe I just got a "bad" one. I plan on trying one again on the Royal next month! :)

My favorite appetizer on Princess. It is not spicy, It is nothing like oatmeal. It is soft and mildly cheesy. Kind of a loose quiche texture with the melted cheese/sauce surrounding it, but no additional ingredients in it. Hard to describe the flavor. DO TRY IT! Yummy

OK, but is it bland, sweet, spicy. Cheesie, mild, sharp. I will try it just trying to prepare my taste buds, lol Like does it taste like Oatmeal?

Soft but firm consistency (the comparison above to quiche is pretty close but not quite as solid); tangy yet smooth flavour -- definitely "cheese" but not sharp like cheddar or smelly like blue/roquefort. Deceptively easy to eat yet very rich and satiating.

I will admit to not really liking goat cheese on other things (it's very popular in these parts on salads or a topping at our favourite local gourmet pizza place). However, the goat cheese souffle does not have the same (*searching for an adjective that won't put you off . . . *) "strident" flavour. I was loathe to order it myself until I read rave after rave here; I'm so glad I did. Definitely try it: it's free, after all, and you can always order a replacement starter if you find you don't care for it.

One of my favorites--do order it. I predict that you'll love it if you enjoy creamy, cheesy, rich appetizers. It's truly delicious!

Couldn't agree more! Very decadent and delicious, but really rich.

Certainly worth trying! I am lactose intolerant, but always take a tablet before I eat it as it is one of my favourites.

Hope you enjoy it.

Nicki

I've been a big fan of goat cheese for years. I keep it in my cheese drawer to add to salads and to top pizza with. It is crumbly and a little sharp, not smelly. Goat cheese soufflé is on most Princess menus, and one of the things I look forward to.

It's really rich, though. I can eat 2 orders of escargot or smoked duck breast, but only one goat cheese soufflé.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're boarding the Royal Princess in 3 weeks, does anyone out there know if it's offered on the Royal? It sounds fantastic [emoji41]

It is served on the night of the Chef's Dinner. Depending on length of cruise, that dinner menu may or may not be offered. Definitely on a 7 night.

Jackie

It is served on the night of the Chef's Dinner. Depending on length of cruise, that dinner menu may or may not be offered. Definitely on a 7 night.

Jackie

We're on a 10 day. Love the Escargot at the Captains Formal

You can get feta cheese at your grocery store and try it out. We have been keeping some in our fridge for the past year or two (the reduced fat type) for adding to salads, macaroni casserole, etc. The goat cheese souffle will taste similar.

As someone said, you can order it to try. If you don't like it, you don't have to finish it.

No! Feta and goat cheese do not taste the same, though I do love both. Feta is saltier and less creamy. Goat cheese has a nice tang to it but doesn't taste cheesy in the same way cheddar or Swiss do. I have had the goat cheese soufflé once and found it a bit bland, lacking the characteristic tanginess. I will give it a second chance on my next cruise :D