OBC and Exchange Rates

cbr663

I finally phoned mine in. I'd originally entered it on the website about 10 days ago. No sign of a hold on my card. Took 2 mins by phone. Such a deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also tried to do it by phone but they said they had to charge me in US so for 400 it would have cost 502 cnd I did do it on line and finally was able to pay in cnd. so frustrating whats the secret to getting obc on the phone??:(

Are you booked in Cdn or US?

Hi there

we are booked in US, I did manage to get the credit in Canadian on the website but it still hasn't been charged to my CC or shown up in my cruise planner.

Hi there

we are booked in US, I did manage to get the credit in Canadian on the website but it still hasn't been charged to my CC or shown up in my cruise planner.

I'm booked in Cdn so mine was easy. I have no idea if you can buy OBC in Cdn if your booking is in US. I originally did mine online but it didn't go through.

We always buy OBC before our cruise as the rate has been advantageous for ages. I noticed this week that shore excursions for our cruise in November had suddenly shot up by 15%, obviously to do with the exchange rate. So today we have bought more OBC and will purchase our shorex on board at the great rate of 1.67, simples ;)

Sue

Hi all

I have tried online, both through my account and sans account, and have yet to see any activity (been about a week). Can anyone who has bought OBC over the phone from Oz let me know which contact number you used (i.e. the US offices or Oz office).

Cheers

Carl

Disregard, think I have it sorted!!

Edited by carlandlyn

A few days ago I put in an order for 9 units and was charged $225 Australian.

Checked my credit card today - yes the order has been debited from my CC as $225 Au. Wow.

Today the $Au has dropped to below 75c per $US. Have just put in an order for another 18 units which should cover all our needs and then some.

Fingers crossed!

A few days ago I put in an order for 9 units and was charged $225 Australian.

Checked my credit card today - yes the order has been debited from my CC as $225 Au. Wow.

Today the $Au has dropped to below 75c per $US. Have just put in an order for another 18 units which should cover all our needs and then some.

Fingers crossed!

Have done likewise and the CC has finally confirmed it was $ for $.:D

Needed to share my most recent experience with you. I am Canadian. Last week I purchased as gifts through the home page of the Celebrity site 3 sets of 9 $25.00 OBC's as a gift to my husband for a cruise we are booked on that departs February 23. I printed off a "Printable Order Summary" that reflects each package at a total of $244.80 CAD or $27.20 CAD each. My credit card was billed as $675 US for a Canadian charge of $885.39. I contacted Celebrity and was told that if I book a cruise on line I will be billed in Canadian funds....but ALL cruise enhancements, including OBCs are billed in US $. I expressed that the website is misleading and tried to stress my point of inconsistent information on the site to no avail. I have cancelled the OBC's!

Needed to share my most recent experience with you. I am Canadian. Last week I purchased as gifts through the home page of the Celebrity site 3 sets of 9 $25.00 OBC's as a gift to my husband for a cruise we are booked on that departs February 23. I printed off a "Printable Order Summary" that reflects each package at a total of $244.80 CAD or $27.20 CAD each. My credit card was billed as $675 US for a Canadian charge of $885.39. I contacted Celebrity and was told that if I book a cruise on line I will be billed in Canadian funds....but ALL cruise enhancements, including OBCs are billed in US $. I expressed that the website is misleading and tried to stress my point of inconsistent information on the site to no avail. I have cancelled the OBC's!

It appears they are inconsistent with how it is done, I suggest phoning them and seeing what rate they offer.:D

What currency is your cruise booked in? If Canadian what you were told is incorrect. I phoned mine in and was charged in Canadian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What currency is your cruise booked in? If Canadian what you were told is incorrect. I phoned mine in and was charged in Canadian

It seems to vary country by country.

My cruise is booked through a UK TA.

I ordered mine on- line and paid in GBP, which were charged to my C.C in about a week.

It seems to vary country by country.

My cruise is booked through a UK TA.

I ordered mine on- line and paid in GBP, which were charged to my C.C in about a week.

Did you book the cruise in GBP also. We paid in US and can't purchase OBC. It all went through and we received confirmation but cc was never charged and no email.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi Mic,

Did you finish up buying your latest lot of onboard credit over the phone? or on the link through the Website? If you ordered it on the phone, which phone number did you use, 'cause I tried to order some through Captain's Club last week and the exchange rate was poor, certainly not $ for $.

I'm having a small brain day today, and I'm still not sure, even after re-reading your posts!!! :o

I'd love to buy some too.....

Could you kindly let me know when you have a moment?

Thanks,

ratacake

:D