Princess suite perks transferability?

Dulcibella

I have booked a suite, balcony and interior rooms for our family. Can we share some of the perks between family members? For example can I take my daughter to breakfast, let my son have the priority tender pass ...?

Thanks for your advice

Anne

From Ballarat, Australia

The answer is no. They will check the room cards at breakfast against a manifest. The breakfast is for suite guests only. I am not sure if mnor children of suite guests are allowed to dine with their parents. I would suspect that this would be up to the maitre'd.

They will also check the room card at the tender line. If your son is boarding with one of you, he may by-pass the ticket line.

You can, however, order room service or afternoon tea in your room for guests.

We have received paper tender passes when in suites. You could probably give the pass to someone else but then you would not be able to have priority tendering.

As others have posted, only the actual suite passengers can have breakfast as Sabatini's.

Many suite perks are just for the suite passengers but you can share your one fee mini-bar set-up and you can order afternoon tea and room service from the MDR menus for larger groups.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the replies.

I appreciate if there are two in the suite then there are privileges such as priority tendering only for two. It might be though that I go with my daughter or my son goes ashore with his father ...

Then you may have to line up with the steerage folks and go later. ;)

Only suite guests can goto breakfast. We did a suite once on Ruby with all 4 of us in the suite and the kids had a great time at Sabatini's. But they did check the list the first day to ensure all 4 of us were in the suite. After the first day they knew us and we went straight in.

Thanks for the replies.

I appreciate if there are two in the suite then there are privileges such as priority tendering only for two. It might be though that I go with my daughter or my son goes ashore with his father ...

If they're minor children to young to be able to navigate on their own and you're all in a tearing hurry to get onshore for a private tour, then that's just maybe ethically justifiable. Otherwise, you're making someone else who deserves to be boarding before your kids - either because they're Elite or because they got there earlier, maybe much earlier, than you did - wait longer. Uh-uh.

Edited by shepp

Just to clarify, particularly in response to Shepp, I don't want additional passes. Just if two of us are entitled to a suite privilege, I am asking, does it have to be the two in the suite cabin or can it be any two of us. Ie do they check names. Nobody would be bumped from the queue.

Just to clarify, particularly in response to Shepp, I don't want additional passes. Just if two of us are entitled to a suite privilege, I am asking, does it have to be the two in the suite cabin or can it be any two of us. Ie do they check names. Nobody would be bumped from the queue.

Nobody will check your cruise card. Just present the two passes.

Please realize that it is for the end of the line in the boarding area, not for the front of it.

We have received paper tender passes when in suites. You could probably give the pass to someone else but then you would not be able to have priority tendering.

If you are in a suite, your cruise card now has "Suite" printed on the front of the card, so it can be used to identify you. That is a fairly recent change. I don't know if they are using the cruise card to identify you for the tender now instead of paper tender passes - as they do for Elite.

If you are in a suite, your cruise card now has "Suite" printed on the front of the card, so it can be used to identify you. That is a fairly recent change. I don't know if they are using the cruise card to identify you for the tender now instead of paper tender passes - as they do for Elite.

Just looked over our old cards. They must have started printing suite on them in 2013. Never even noticed that.

We are just off the Emerald today. The instructions on the Priority Tender Passes said to present the pass AND cruise card to the security officer. They did actually look at both the pass and the cruise card before directing us to the tender. The cruise card clearly had SUITE on the front.

I just looked at our cards from DEC 2013 and they didn't say SUITE, even though we were in an S3 Suite.

They checked the cabin number against their list the first morning at Sabatini's and asked us to confirm the names. After that, they knew us, but the Maitre'D still checked us off on his list daily.

Edited by DebJ14

Sorry, misread your post as "one child goes with father and other one with me." But it was clearly "or."

Thanks everyone for your replies and clarification. I look forward to romantic breakfasts at Sabatinis with my husband and the children can have breakfast in bed :) Last cruise my daughter would sleep in and order room service.

I don't mind the tendering queue that much if we all go together; we played Botticelli or cards and it was never a very long wait - it seemed pretty efficient.

Regards

Anne

I have booked a suite, balcony and interior rooms for our family. Can we share some of the perks between family members? For example can I take my daughter to breakfast, let my son have the priority tender pass ...?

Thanks for your advice

Anne

From Ballarat, Australia

Just switch cruise cards with your son for the day & let him take advantage of your tender perk. No one will ask or notice the difference.

Edited by Lovetocruiseprincess

Just switch cruise cards with your son for the day & let him take advantage of your tender perk. No one will ask or notice the difference.

only thing with that idea the photo would be different and they might pick it up

When the son scans in/out of the ship, the moms picture will

be displayed by the apass handheld.

Will anyone notice?

Also, depending on the son's age, the mom might not be able

to buy drinks containing alcahol on princess cays with the card.

On the other hand, the son WILL be able to!

When the son scans in/out of the ship, the moms picture will

be displayed by the apass handheld.

Will anyone notice?

Also, depending on the son's age, the mom might not be able

to buy drinks containing alcahol on princess cays with the card.

On the other hand, the son WILL be able to!

Probably not.

Probably not.

Yes they do notice.

Several weeks ago I accidentally took my husbands card instead of mine and when they scanned it at the muster drill, they said I had the wrong card - had to get mine.

Every time I have had mine scanned, they always look at the scanner and then up at me. So they will notice if you use the wrong card.

Yes they do notice.

Several weeks ago I accidentally took my husbands card instead of mine and when they scanned it at the muster drill, they said I had the wrong card - had to get mine.

Every time I have had mine scanned, they always look at the scanner and then up at me. So they will notice if you use the wrong card.

I agree.

I have noticed them looking up at the person they have just scanned as well.

Mike:)

Yes they do notice.

I haven't really taken notice but next cruise I'll switch with my wife & check them on it.