Princess suite perks transferability?

Dulcibella

I haven't really taken notice but next cruise I'll switch with my wife & check them on it.

That may not be a good idea. Even if they don't notice when you leave the ship, they will probably notice when you try to return.

This is a violation of security. Checking pictures is the only way to keep someone who found - or stole - a cruise card on shore from boarding the ship. This is essential to protecting the security of the ship and passengers.

Edited by NavyVeteran

We also have a suite and adjoining balcony booked and I see no reason why it matters who eats in sabatinis for breakfast as long as it's only two people...for instance my mom and I are in the suite and my sister and niece in balcony...I'm sure it would be fine if my sister and I had breakfast together one morning and my niece and mom the next...as long as it's the same # as in the suite I doubt they care who it is

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by deise17311

We also have a suite and adjoining balcony booked and I see no reason why it matters who eats in sabatinis for breakfast as long as it's only two people...for instance my mom and I are in the suite and my sister and niece in balcony...I'm sure it would be fine if my sister and I had breakfast together one morning and my niece and mom the next...as long as it's the same # as in the suite I doubt they care who it is

I think you are in for a surprise.

Mike:)

I think you are in for a surprise.

Maybe but really what difference does it make as long as it's just two and your reservation is linked...it's not like we are asking to bring a third...we paid for 2 spots for breakfast and will use 2 spots...seems dumb otherwise

I don't know what difference it would make but they are very diligent in only allowing the passengers listed as occupants of the suite into Sabatini's at breakfast.

I have witnessed several attempts; but I have not seen an exception.

I think one of the reasons they are so stringent about only the people assigned to the suite in Sabatinis is because many people have an exception. If they allow for one exception, then they open the door for everybody's exception.

When I was on the Grand this summer, I shared a suite with my husband. I asked if my sister-in-law could join me (in lieu of my husband), the answer I received was, "Is she a suite passenger?" That was a pretty clear no (done in the nicest of ways).

Just back from the Grand. We had priority passes for the tender to Cabo. We were the only ones on the first tender with priority passes (much less suite or elite) Maybe priority tendering is not a big deal? Everyone else just basically lined up after us and we got on first. No big difference other than I got a great seat for taking pictures.

ps, wish I would have had a sweater. It was chilly so early in the AM!

Maybe but really what difference does it make as long as it's just two and your reservation is linked...it's not like we are asking to bring a third...we paid for 2 spots for breakfast and will use 2 spots...seems dumb otherwise

This attitude is probably the reason we lost the unlimited internet minutes for suites. Let family and friends use your minutes - heck - I'm not using my internet minutes while I am at dinner - I will just let my sister use them while I am eating.

And I guess as far as the free laundry suite benefit is concerned, you would send out your two kids' laundry one day. After all, you paid for free laundry for two people, what difference does it matter which two people that day?

If you want suite benefits for your kids, then book them into a suite.

Edited by caribill

And I guess as far as the free laundry suite benefit is concerned, you would send out your two kids' laundry one day. After all, you paid for free laundry for two people, what difference does it matter which two people that day?

If you want suite benefits for your kids, then book them into a suite.

Exactly!

That may not be a good idea. Even if they don't notice when you leave the ship, they will probably notice when you try to return.

This is a violation of security. Checking pictures is the only way to keep someone who found - or stole - a cruise card on shore from boarding the ship. This is essential to protecting the security of the ship and passengers.

exactly.....

These procedures are put in place to protect everyone onboard, not to circumvent by someone playing games. Good way to get booted. :cool:

The linking is not what matters. It states right on the cruise card in the upper right hand SUITE and if it's not on your card you can't get in to breakfast at Sabitini. They do not make exceptions to this. It is actually very smart or people would probably sell their perk or give it away to passengers who aren't entitled to it. It is NOT transferable per Princess policy.

Getting priority tender for your kids may be accomplished but if you're caught you'll be sent back to get a tender number and wait for that number to get called. There is less scrutiny of tender embarkation.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Yes they do notice.

Several weeks ago I accidentally took my husbands card instead of mine and when they scanned it at the muster drill, they said I had the wrong card - had to get mine.

Every time I have had mine scanned, they always look at the scanner and then up at me. So they will notice if you use the wrong card.

Absolutely agree. They do look and they will notice.

I have lost count of the number of times I have returned to the ship wearing sun glasses and been asked to remove them by the person with the hand held card scanner.

Just switch cruise cards with your son for the day & let him take advantage of your tender perk. No one will ask or notice the difference.

They definitely would notice. With the new hand held scanners they scan the card and check the face on the screen against the person presenting the card. Definitely a Security NO NO.

I have lost count of the number of times I have returned to the ship wearing sun glasses and been asked to remove them by the person with the hand held card scanner.

Lately they have also been asking for hats to be removed.

And when the initial security photo is taken at the start of the cruise, I have been asked to remove my regular glasses for it.

Edited by caribill

Absolutely agree. They do look and they will notice.

THANK YOU for the information.

So I should make sure to wear my prescription sunglasses when I do the cruise to Tasmania when going ashore for a tour? I got matching frames, and the number of people who have complimented me on the BRILLIANT IDEA! They want to pinch it! I do understand Security needs to see your eyes, but when you need glasses to see clearly and it's a sunny day, I prefer sunglasses to cut the glare.

Crochetcruise :cool:

Lately they have also been asking for hats to be removed.

And when the initial security photo is taken at the start of the cruise, I have been asked to remove my regular glasses for it.

Oh gosh, that's going to be difficult for me, I'm always unsteady for a bit until my eyes refocus. I do understand Security requirements, just puzzled by the requirement to remove glasses when a person medically NEEDS them.

Crochetcuirse :cool:

To be short and concise, no suite perks are transferable. You can share items you receive such as the mini-bar and six chocolate covered strawberries with anyone you want. Services such as breakfast at Sabatini's, laundry and such are for those who actually paid for the suite. You want the perks, pay for them. "Sharing" of unlimited internet in suites probably caused that perk to be lost. We who do pay for a full suite want to continue to receive the perks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't regard myself as ethically challenged despite what some who have posted here might think :( . I am so sorry I had the temerity to ask that if I have been sold two special breakfasts at several thousands of dollars whether I could choose who consumes breakfast. I don't want more breakfast, more laundry or to encroach on anybody's dreams of time with George Clooney. I do know that should for some reason I decide to move members of my family to different beds, for example if my daughter is sick, Princess will not object! I have no intention of messing with security or pretending anybody is somebody else!

... Princess cares very much who is occupying what bed ...

It is also a security measure for Princess to know who is in what cabin in case of emergencies. They will switch people between cabins for families. But, they do want to know and will change the name plates on the cabins accordingly.

... You may have excellent rationale for Princess to bend the rules. I'm pretty sure that they won't. Nothing to stop you from trying. We'd like to know the result.

I concur they need to know who is where and I would inform them if moves were made ...

I will update on my experience (not till Christmas New Year ! :( )

As for George, should he grace us with his presence, I would pay for his bed!

Anne

Ballarat, Australia