Live: Amazon River, Caribbean, Many Pix’s, Terry/Ohio

TLCOhio

Just completed breakfast at our favorite location, the open back-of-the-ship dining area of the Terrace Cafe. Wonderful views, open sea air, etc. It was so sunny when we arrive, but then has clouded up somewhat. Sea are rolling a little, but not too bad for being this far out in the Atlantic Ocean. Not just in a "sea", but out on the real thing of a big ocean.

SHIP POSITION?: Below is what the screen shows on the ship. We are "out there" in the Atlantic as we are traveling to Barbados.

OHIO WEATHER?: More snow is coming for Ohio and the NE USA. Below is a screen shot from AccuWeather on the upcoming weekend forecast. Glad that we will be missing the "honor" of dealing with these conditions. Here are some of the details from AccuWeather: "Another Snowstorm May Ramp Up off New England Coast. A storm riding along a blast of arctic air will spread a swath of snow from the Great Lakes by midweek to the Northeast before the end of the week. Yet another Alberta Clipper will drop in from Canada this week. As is often the case with these moisture-starved storms, the snow will tend to be light and more of a nuisance for most areas. However, the storm will bring another round of slippery roads, travel delays and possible disruptions to daily activities from Detroit to Boston. There is also the potential for the storm to strengthen as it moves near the Atlantic Ocean. In this scenario, a swath of moderate to heavy snow could develop in part of the coastal Northeast."

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Our current Silver Cloud sea position in the Atlantic Ocean.:

SCSeaDaysA45_zps9j0mocrt.jpg

From AccuWeather for the weekend in Columbus, Ohio, it looks like winter is still there. In parts of the northeast, conditions will be even worse.:

SCSeaDaysA46_zpsw8yuvb1t.jpg

...l.....

Then, there is Cruise Director Allen King. Such a super pro, fun jokes, wonderful spirit, always on the go, friendly, etc. These three visuals gives a sampling for the Scottish Kilt that he was proudly wearing so well last evening. The last picture shows that he has not lost his "modest" style, right? Glad that Allen and most of the crew will be continuing during our next, nine-day sailing segment to San Juan. There is also a good chance that Allen will be on the next Silver Cloud segment that we are planning for a Cape Town, South Africa, round-trip, ten days, early February 2016.:

Now what I would want to enquire of this rather dapper Scotsman, is "is he a real Scotsman when he wears the kilt?" ha ha ha!!! ;):D. Doesn't everyone look lovely all dressed up for the evening, my DH wears his tartan trews and believe you me I have to rein him in from the ladies! Especially those racy American ones! ;)

SCSeaDaysA41_zpsvr35ffpn.jpg

SCSeaDaysA42_zpsxeqxclis.jpg

SCSeaDaysA43_zpsctqvdt3r.jpg

Now what I would want to enquire of this rather dapper Scotsman, is "is he a real Scotsman when he wears the kilt?" ha ha ha!!! . Doesn't everyone look lovely all dressed up for the evening, my DH wears his tartan trews and believe you me I have to rein him in from the ladies! Especially those racy American ones!

After getting your question, I went right to the Cruise Director while he was doing a noon "pub crawl" dining/singing show on the Silver Cloud. I shared your good question and he promptly ignored me by giving a non-answer. Then, after he was done performing, I shared these pictures with him from last night. He then gave me his wife's e-mail and encouraged me on what to ask her about your need to know what would be under that kilt.

Here is what I sent to Marty King: "Are you aware that your husband is running around on the Silver Cloud wearing a skirt?? Below is the photo evidence!! On my blog, someone from Scotland wrote and was wondering what is under that skirt. I asked that question of Allen, but all I could get out of him was that he said his wife would reply to that question . . . “NOT MUCH!""

Within four minutes of sending my e-mail, Marty replied: "You didn't get his standard answer. That is, 'nothing is worn, it is all in perfect working order!'. And I can attest that he was not honest with you! " Marty also finished by saying: Love the pictures and thank you for sending them. They may end up on our website, www.shipshoreproductions.com."

How is that for good reporting and pushing to get much more information? Great fun, thanks to your follow-up.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 97,390 views for this posting.

From Saturday, Feb. 7, here is a catch-up from my many visuals at our fun stop at Alter do Chao, Brazil, our last port stop along the Amazon River. We were there from 8 am to 1 pm. Many on the ship wished that we would have had more time here.

As noted earlier, this village has a nice, scenic location amid lush vegetation above the Tapajós River. Due to its sandy beaches and the river's clear water, Alter do Chao has become a popular local weekend resort.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 194,190 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Here are folks on our ship using the tender to reach this village. Second, the ship Captain is already on shore and talking with passengers as they departed from the tender boat. Finally, as my wife and others are walking on their boardwalk towards the main part of the town, here are two cute local girls walking towards the one beach area where our tenders had docked.:

SCSeaDaysA14_zpsg3h3manf.jpg

SCSeaDaysA15_zpshpmrjz45.jpg

SCSeaDaysA16_zpsls8emvmu.jpg

Did this village have "items" to look at and buy? Of course!! Lots of options. More than needed in my view. But, I'm not much of a shopper!! Here is an example as the ladies were checking out these potentials nearby to the end of the boardwalk area. More shopping sights to come later.:

SCSeaDaysA17_zpssswabddz.jpg

There was a little sand island that could be reached by small boats. Here are a couple of visuals samples. Fun!! More to come later.:

SCSeaDaysA18_zpscsxuztt6.jpg

SCSeaDaysA19_zps81vcryrb.jpg

Here is round two from Alter do Chao. Lots of charm, comfort, shopping, beach-action, etc., here. Fun!!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 171,402 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is one of ship program speakers, Dr. Laurel Corona, involved in the "research" aspects for local shopping. Yes, bargaining was permitted and did happen.:

SCSeaDaysA25_zpsbgeidwgf.jpg

This was the interior of their local Catholic church in this village.:

SCSeaDaysA26_zps9wgjw0k1.jpg

For the big money sum of $2, a rower took me out in the waters and around these beach areas. Very scenic!! Second is one of the fast recreational crafts speeding past in a fast manner. Plus, two more photo examples of the water/beach action where I could get "up close and personal".:

SCSeaDaysA20_zpsmrjhy9a1.jpg

SCSeaDaysA23_zps4h0nd8rj.jpg

SCSeaDaysA21_zpsafz7xfvn.jpg

SCSeaDaysA22_zps4teabttg.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

Now, it is time, unfortunately, to return to the Silver Cloud and continue our sailing east along the Amazon River to reach the Atlantic Ocean and then Barbados. This was our last stop in Brazil. Great and interesting memories!!

Here is the view of the ship as we walk back along the wooden boardwalk to the docking area for the ship's tenders. You can see the Silver Cloud at anchor in the harbor area.:

SCSeaDaysA27_zpswzcf5x1n.jpg

Here is a closer view of the Silver Cloud while anchored at this wonderful setting just off of the main Amazon River.:

SCSeaDaysA28_zpsmcr9xvvh.jpg

After getting your question, I went right to the Cruise Director while he was doing a noon "pub crawl" dining/singing show on the Silver Cloud. I shared your good question and he promptly ignored me by giving a non-answer. Then, after he was done performing, I shared these pictures with him from last night. He then gave me his wife's e-mail and encouraged me on what to ask her about your need to know what would be under that kilt.

Here is what I sent to Marty King: "Are you aware that your husband is running around on the Silver Cloud wearing a skirt?? Below is the photo evidence!! On my blog, someone from Scotland wrote and was wondering what is under that skirt. I asked that question of Allen, but all I could get out of him was that he said his wife would reply to that question . . . “NOT MUCH!""

Within four minutes of sending my e-mail, Marty replied: "You didn't get his standard answer. That is, 'nothing is worn, it is all in perfect working order!'. And I can attest that he was not honest with you! " Marty also finished by saying: Love the pictures and thank you for sending them. They may end up on our website, www.shipshoreproductions.com."

How is that for good reporting and pushing to get much more information? Great fun, thanks to your follow-up.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 97,390 views for this posting.

Oh oh, I hope I didn't get you into trouble! It's a fairly standard almost rhetorical cheeky question asked in Scotland of men who wear the kilt! Never called a "skirt"!!! They are supposed to be strong, tough highlanders who wouldn't dream of wearing anything underneath! But these days of course, undergarments are usually worn for modesty if nothing else! But I love his wife's answer! LOL!

drron29: Your pictures are brilliant Terry. Once again a remarkable difference in our experiences at Alter do Chao. Your "island"wasn't one when we were there- And you could walk to it' date='no boat required! [/quote']

fairbourne: Oh oh' date=' I hope I didn't get you into trouble! It's a fairly standard almost rhetorical cheeky question asked in Scotland of men who wear the kilt! Never called a "skirt"!!! They are supposed to be strong, tough highlanders who wouldn't dream of wearing anything underneath! But these days of course, undergarments are usually worn for modesty if nothing else! [b']But I love his wife's answer![/b] LOL!

It is a few minutes after 6 am in the Panorama Lounge and the Silver Cloud has just docked in Bridgetown, Barbados. Our ship is the first in port this day and we have a prime position, closer to the port shops, etc.

Appreciate these added follow-ups, comments, etc. Keep it coming!! That adds to the fun! This live/blog is now approaching 9,000 views and the interest and feed-back are very nice. Glad to see the details and visuals from drron29 on Alter do Chao. YES, in the Amazon, the water levels go UP, UP . . . and also down. At that location and others, things could easily be 5-8' higher to totally cover over much of the island, OR, as you shared, much lower and offering a totally different "look".

For our Scottish friend, fairbourne, don't worry. You are not in trouble!! It was great fun (and informative) thanks to your great question, plus the cute responses from both Allen and his wife.

As per the Hotel Director yesterday at lunch, there are 235 new passengers joining our Feb. 11-20, Barbados to San Juan, sailing. With the 18 carry-over travelers from our Amazon River cruise, that will mean a total of 253 passengers on this nine-day cruise. This upcoming cruise will have a very different style given the many, busy port stops, a little younger demographic, etc. Many of the staff liked our 17-day Amazon River cruise as things were a little "lighter" with only 179 passengers on during this segment. That "flexibility" allowed a little more than average amount of time off for the staff. The ship HR person was just here in the Panorama Lounge and we chatted. She is from Norway and said that nine staff members are getting off of the ship today. She noted that on these longer cruises, the staff does get a little bit of "cabin fever" when you have a three consecutive day series of sea days. We survived fine, but many will be happy to be able to get on dry land, see new sights, etc. She said that 22 staff will be departing the Silver Cloud when we arrive in San Juan.

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 97,494 views for this posting.

Will start rolling out today and tomorrow, a variety of pictures for "life" onboard the Silver Cloud. There was an earlier request for such background. Below is sampling for the long, printed-out pages of some newspapers from around the world that are available each morning in the Panorama Lounge. Lots of passengers and staff each morning like to come here for early coffee, juice, tea, plus checking news, the views, etc.:

SCSeaDaysA13_zpsnuj8jpg8.jpg

I have followed many of your cruises and always so appreciated your photos and attention to detail.Learn SO much.

Are all shows at 10pm?Is it mostly singing,not dancing?

How would you rate the shore excursions,say compared to your other luxury cruises?

Is it difficult to get reservations in the other rest.when a formal nite.My DH refuses to bring a suit,so must do with jacket and tie.

Any photos of Library,many non fiction books there?

Have you had room service,opinions?

Thanks in advance. :)

Really enjoyed your blog Terry. Takes us back to our Amazon journey in December. Also good to see such a positive attitude coming through your postings. SS really do make these trips special.

Appreciate these nice and comments. You noted: "good to see such a positive attitude coming through your postings". I've just tried to "tell it like it is". In talking this morning with several passengers and experienced travelers, they noted their view for this cruise having the best food they have experienced. How much of that is "luck", great chemistry between staff and the travelers, etc., is hard to tell. We've been very pleased. Nothing is exactly perfect, but no major (or even large minor) complaints to bother people with now. I'll do up later a list of things that could be improved and fine-tuned.

Sorry to see many nice people we have met be leaving. BUT, there will be a nice group of new folks arriving soon.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 171,464 views.

Here are a couple of the morning activities. First, shown below is the 3,600-passenger Royal Princess that had to be maneuvered to fit and back into this slot in the Barbados harbor area next to our docked ship.:

SCFeb11A18_zpsr14yxtop.jpg

Second is a picture that just happened a few minutes ago. The Captain walked into the Panorama Lounge with a big smile on his face. Why? His wife and daughter had arrived on the Silver Cloud from their home in Mexico City. They are also pictured with another couple, Terry and her husband. That couple are from Chicago and were fun with whom to travel. The Captain's daughter is fourteen-months old. She is now standing, but not quite, yet, walking. It has been two months since the Captain has seen his darling daughter. He noted that it takes a couple of days for his daughter to adjust to adjust to seeing so many new faces, surroundings, etc. They have both extended warm greetings to our Scottish couple for which we had posted about earlier. His wife's name is Ana Paula Arce. This May, they will have been married for five years. I am sure I will have more to share later on the Captain, his outgoing wife, etc.:

SCFeb11A19_zpsi7lpffmk.jpg

Here is fellow passenger and new good friend Chris form Philadelphia with Alfredo, the wonderful keyboard artist in the Panorama Lounge. Alfredo is shown here while doing the High Tea. Remember Chris and her husband from our Amazon jungle "adventure"?:

SCFeb11A16_zpsmi43eiza.jpg

Here are two of the super excellent bar staff on the Silver Cloud. Monteza is so spectacular in being everywhere, flowing well with her super friendly personality and being totally helpful, etc. And Russel is behind the bar doing his magic to prepare wonderful drinks.:

SCFeb11A15_zpsz77tyhcu.jpg

Finally from yesterday, we were sailing far, far out in the Atlantic, but we had lots of birds following us closely. Amazing to see them in action. Not sure why and how they stayed so close to us during this time period. Here is one of these interesting birds that I captured with my camera. One person thought that these birds were terns. Right or wrong? Or, added information?:

SCFeb11A6_zpswdexf2oe.jpg

I thought I saw a shot of Monteza in the background of one of your earlier pictures! Glad to see a picture starring her. We love her - she has been with us many times, starting off with our first cruise on Prince Albert II to Antarctica. Please give her our kindest regards, and tell her that we miss her very much.

Edited by jpalbny

Terry,

Thanks for taking the time to post from your cruise and all those lovely pictures. As you know we sailed on that cruise in November last year, I did write a daily blog but yours puts mine to shame. :p

Well done, glad you enjoyed it, great memories.

I have followed many of your cruises and always so appreciated your photos and attention to detail. Learn SO much.

Are all shows at 10pm? Is it mostly singing,not dancing? How would you rate the shore excursions, say compared to your other luxury cruises? Is it difficult to get reservations in the other rest.when a formal nite.My DH refuses to bring a suit,so must do with jacket and tie. Any photos of Library,many non fiction books there?

Have you had room service,opinions? Thanks in advance.

Love these comments and wonderful questions from alexandra cruiser. Glad to know you're a person of such high class, great taste and wonderful judgment to make these generous contributions.

SHOW TIMES?: Most of the shows are at 10 pm. Some are also at 9:45 pm or 6:30 pm. It is all announced ahead of time. They key point is to check the Chronicle newsletter later in the evening prior. That helps you prepare for the various options the next day, decide your priorities, etc.

FORMAL NIGHTS?: On formal nights, we had three of them on our 17-day cruise and have only one of them for the upcoming 9-day cruise. I did a dark suit and that worked well. My wife is not a big fan for all of the formal-night stuff, nor the casual nights when jackets are required. My suggestion is that some "jacket and tie" can work, maybe, depending on the color of the coat and how closely it matches (not clashes) with the pants. My view is that, generally, darker colors work better. Don't want to get a big formal versus not debate. Some love it one way and others hate it.

LIBRARY?: Yes, they have a good-sized collection of books and DVD's. My wife, who is big on reading mystery fiction, has been very pleased with what is offered and available. Getting tot the library early in the cruise (like when you board) does helps get you better options. That is what my wife did just a few minutes ago. Will post some library pictures in the next few days.

SHORE EXCURSIONS?: I would rate this area as . . . very good. Like on any cruise, the ship lines are dependent on local guides and the available quality of infrastructure/buses. Some ports are clearly better than others. It's always a "roll of the dice" on your local guide for their "personality", style and knowledge. In general, our experience with Silversea is that the buses and tours are not packed and/or over-loaded. We never had any tour that was packed with 30-40 people. Most of our tours were 16-20 people, plus a staff member traveling with us for quality-control and to keep an eye out for guest who might wander off too much.

ROOM-SERVICE?: That has worked generally well for us. Once, my hamburger was too rare. I could have sent it back and order it done to medium well as requested. But, I was hungry and it worked out fine. Our in-room dinner from the main dining room menu worked super great. I was impressed by the range of potential items off to be ordered of the menu for this service.

DINING RESERVATIONS?: That was easy to get and do on our past cruise. We only had 179 passengers on the ship. Will share more after this cruise for how it works with a higher number on board. I liked the ship's advanced on-line booking system. Think about your schedules and use that system. It is better to have those options and then adjust more when on board the ship.

Any other questions? Don't be shy! I can easily ask and get more info as needed and desired.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. We are now at 194,212 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

How does the main dining room look these days? Do not think it has changed much since our July 2010 cruise. Here is one example before the crowds arrived. And for our 17-day cruise, things were never very crowded. Always flexible on seating, times, etc.:

SCFeb11A17_zpshaxcahrv.jpg

From the main dining room, here is a seafood item that looked wonderful and was very good. Sorry, I cannot remember the exact specifics right now.:

SCFeb11A8_zpsqoy5ywgg.jpg

Here is the risotto dish prior to my main course of Kansas-raised prime rib beef.:

SCFeb11A7_zpseeg3631e.jpg

Corey Sandler was wonderful with his many and varied destination and music "lectures". This one shown was yesterday about "Barbados: Rum & High Tea". Corey always had lots of nice visuals to aide as he had a conversation with the loyal audience.:

SCFeb11A2_zpsxkhihk6i.jpg

I thought I saw a shot of Monteza in the background of one of your earlier pictures! Glad to see a picture starring her. We love her - she has been with us many times, starting off with our first cruise on Prince Albert II to Antarctica. Please give her our kindest regards, and tell her that we miss her very much.

fudge: Terry' date=' Thanks for taking the time to post from your cruise and all those lovely pictures. As you know we sailed on that cruise in November last year, I did write a daily blog but yours puts mine to shame. [b']Well done, glad you enjoyed it, great memories[/b].

patnlcc: Hope you will continue your blog for the next segment' date=' Terry. It is a pleasure to read your posts in the dismal days of a Scottish February! [/quote']

WesW: Terry' date=' is that[b'] Rudy[/b] the server in the pix above? Enjoying your continued pix/posts thanks to both of you.

Great to read these various comments, questions, etc. Just got back from several hours walking around in the main part of Barbados. Before starting our cruise, we got a wonderful three-hour private driver to give us a sample for this historic island. So today, we did not have much need to do as much in main Barbados. More time to enjoy the ship while it was almost, EXCLUSIVELY, our own private craft in the time period as people departed in the am and the new folks started arrive in the afternoon.

1. YES, will be continuing to post during this coming cruise with its various ports. Glad to have the interest for those who wish to follow along, make suggestions, ask questions, etc. Happy to share the sun and fun for those trapped in cold, grey climates.

2. Will share with wonderful Monteza the best wishes from JP and Chris.

3. Pretty sure that it is Rudy shown in the main dining room. Will double check and follow-up.

More photo samples below. Lots more to share.

If Venice is one of your future desires or past favorites, look at this earlier posting for many options and visual samples of this city. This posting is now at 47,264 views.

Venice: Loving It & Why??!!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1278226

From the final formal/farewell evening, the Voices of Silversea present a program called "Mind the Gap". Lots of wonderful British music memories were presented from the era of the Beatles, Rolling Stones, Petula Clark, etc. Here is a range of my photo samples from this action evening. Fun performance with lots of tunes from a fun era in music history!:

SCFeb11A11_zpsadb2wyn8.jpg

SCFeb11A14_zpsuv4habtp.jpg

SCFeb11A10_zpskko5jdtp.jpg

SCFeb11A13_zpsvzwa1fxt.jpg

SCFeb11A12_zpskojq1ma9.jpg

SCFeb11A9_zpsvx2ts8gm.jpg

At noon yesterday, they had a "Pub Crawl" event. It featured lots of British food, including lots of tasty favors, etc. Various flags were up, plus plenty of beer, Pimm's, etc. Plus, Allen and the folks from the Voices of Silversea were there to do a sing-along with the audience.

Fun event and times!!

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 26,546 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

Here are the photo examples from the "Pub Crawl" held yesterday in The Bar are of the Silver Cloud. In the second picture are a few of the desserts. In the third picture is Hyperion Knight performing on the piano with assists from Alfredo, etc. Finally, here is a picture that the Hotel Director was nice enough to snap of my wife, Chris, etc.:

SCFeb11A3_zpsnizzppne.jpg

SCFeb11A1_zpst6f5dtjk.jpg

SCFeb11A5_zpsw9d5j5e1.jpg

SCFeb11A4_zps3aznv0op.jpg

As requested earlier, here is the first of a series of visuals to reflect some aspects for "life" on the Silver Cloud. More to come, but most of these post will probably get done tomorrow during our sea-day on the way to the Dutch ABC islands. Now getting ready for the safety "drill", dinner, etc.

Here are a couple samples for the pool grill area at lunch time with a music combo playing, good food being served, opportunities to enjoy the outdoor setting, etc. Plus, second is a pool sample of the daytime "action" there.:

SCFeb11A34_zpszaqrjyyu.jpg

SCFeb11A33_zpstetz5uzu.jpg

There were a few times during our recent two-day Atlantic Ocean sailing up from Brazil, when the pool got a "rocking" as shown in this one visual sample.:

SCFeb11A30_zpsge5rdyat.jpg

Here is the Panorama Lounge on the top, back of the Silver Cloud. One of my most favorite location to hang out, walk out on to the back deck.:

SCFeb11A22_zpsakw4p9en.jpg

Here is the elevator/stairs area at the top, interior of the Silver Cloud.:

SCFeb11A27_zpskkg9ms8n.jpg

Was "Team Trivia" popular on our cruise? Here is the photo evidence. Great turn-out for a ship with just 179 passengers on board.:

SCFeb11A31_zpsvzbhecu7.jpg

Edited by TLCOhio

He was with in the arctic on the explorer and we have also had the pleasure of listening to his music on the spirit. He us such a personable guy and so talented.

It's a bright sunny morning a little before 7 am in the Panorama Lounge as the Silver Cloud heads due west from Barbados to the Dutch ABC's. Waters are a little rollin', but not too bad.

At 10 am today, there will be a presentation by Destination Lecturer Cory Sandler on these three islands, their history, etc., connected with the Netherlands. Last night, we had a wonderful dinner with Corey and his charming wife, Janice. Such nice people! In his reporting career, he was based some in Ohio back in the 1970's. They now live (when he is not sailing and working on the Silversea ships) on historic Nantucket. That island was battered earlier on our Amazon cruise by storms, including a 36-hour period when they had power on the island. Plus, while on that cruise, their daughter got officially engaged.

Appreciate the comments by spinnaker2 on the excellent Alfredo. After walking last night on the top deck to do some "star gazing" (with success on the front of the ship where the exterior lighting was at a low level), we dropped by the Panorama Lounge. Alfredo was playing, a lovely German couple were dancing, etc. I walked up to Alfredo to request Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind". Presto, he played it! Wonderful for both my wife and me.

These posts are now over 9,400 views. Glad that so many have dropped by, checked out the visuals and details, made comments and asked questions. Keep it coming!

Below are some visuals samples, as requested, for the library on the Silver Cloud. The non-fiction collection is a little limited. Some varied travel books. Lots of fiction copies, a few magazines, some of the daily newspapers, plus lots of DVD options. On this cruise of nine-days, with only two sea days, things should work fairly well for most interests.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 171,558 views.

From this morning in the Silver Cloud Library on the seventh floor, here are three visuals to give you a little sampling for what is there, how it sets up. Not a big, big library, but for the number of passengers on this ship, it works fairly well.:

SCFeb11BB3_zpsqo3uxg0c.jpg

SCFeb11BB2_zpsa9ak9g7c.jpg

SCFeb11BB1_zpsekpov1ub.jpg