Ft. Lauderdale Excursions

GingerCandy

We have taken the Las Olas Blvd shopping and cruise on the Carrie B which takes one by the exotic mansions on the waterway.

We thoroughly enjoyed it and the tour drops folks off at the airport as well as the ship.

Mike:)

On the Ruby we were also offered a trip to Sawgrass Mills. It is a huge indoor outlet shopping center. I was just curious when we signed up and didn't intend to buy anything. We came out with four huge shopping bags full of shoes, purses, and tee shirts.It was a really nice way for us to spend turnaround day since we had already done the Everglades and also the CarrieB tours. Returned to the ship at 3:00PM.

On the Ruby we were also offered a trip to Sawgrass Mills. It is a huge indoor outlet shopping center. I was just curious when we signed up and didn't intend to buy anything. We came out with four huge shopping bags full of shoes, purses, and tee shirts.It was a really nice way for us to spend turnaround day since we had already done the Everglades and also the CarrieB tours. Returned to the ship at 3:00PM.

Carrie B, Carrie b, CarrieB...it's all the same. :p

First, you sign up for the excursion to return to the ship. Both the "go to airport" passengers and the "return to ship" people are on the same bus.

After they drop off the airport people they bring you back to the ship.

We took the everglades, alligator show and flamingo gardens tour.

It was a good tour. The airboat and the gators were great and the flamingo gardens is something to see. It has a fascinating history.

We got back to the ship by 1 pm and after security, we marched (about 30 of us) through the terminal, blew past the photographers and were back on the ship in a flash.

I think, whatever tour you take, is a great way to spend turnaround day in Florida.

I think, whatever tour you take, is a great way to spend turnaround day in Florida.

I agree. It sure beats sitting on the ship and waiting for all the "in transit" passengers to show up and go through the process of disembarkation and embarkation.

First, you sign up for the excursion to return to the ship. Both the "go to airport" passengers and the "return to ship" people are on the same bus.

After they drop off the airport people they bring you back to the ship.

We took the everglades, alligator show and flamingo gardens tour.

It was a good tour. The airboat and the gators were great and the flamingo gardens is something to see. It has a fascinating history.

We got back to the ship by 1 pm and after security, we marched (about 30 of us) through the terminal, blew past the photographers and were back on the ship in a flash.

Would it be possible to do this tour with a person in a transport chair you think? She can walk very short distance and can get on a bus.

We have taken the Las Olas Blvd shopping and cruise on the Carrie B which takes one by the exotic mansions on the waterway.

We thoroughly enjoyed it and the tour drops folks off at the airport as well as the ship.

I've done this excursion, sawgrass mills and the Everglades. This was my fav. I love to shop but sawgrass was a waste of time. Everglades was good too.

I've done this excursion, sawgrass mills and the Everglades. This was my fav. I love to shop but sawgrass was a waste of time. Everglades was good too.

Our excursion didn't go to Sawgrass Mills but rather Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale where you could wander at will. We had a great day.

Our excursion didn't go to Sawgrass Mills but rather Las Olas Blvd in Fort Lauderdale where you could wander at will. We had a great day.

Yes, I understand that. I was just listing all the excursions I've done. I was saying the excursion you did was the best imo.

We did the Everglades and Flamingo Gardens in November and were very pleasantly surprised at the quality of the tour. We were the only people coming back to the port, everybody else got off at the airport. The tour guide was very informative and personable and we enjoyed his talk throughout the day. I thought it was a little expensive at $79 pp, but like other have said, it sure beat sitting at the port and it got our luggage from one pier to another. We changed ships so we had to get our luggage moved from the first ship to the second.

I really enjoyed Flamingo Gardens and the tram trip that takes you all through it so if you don't mind paying the money, it's a good way to spend the day.

For most men, Sawgrass may be a waste of time. For woman, we are in heaven. On the West Coast we don't have indoor outlets , only the ones

outside. There were stores we don't have here in San Diego. Several people with us on the bus were from Australia, and for them, it was like hitting the lottery with our prices.

The tour guide we had on the bus was really good.We got a great talk of

Florida's history.

I wouldn't sign up for an excursion. Fort Lauderdale is small and easy to do on your own. Take a cab ($12 or so) to Carrie B for a water tour. Afterwards stroll Las Olas Blvd's shops and galleries and stop in for a drink or lunch at one of the many good restaurants. Cab back to the ship when ready. (Canadarocks has it right.)

Unless you want to do the everglades...then you still will be transproted back at the ship around 1:30.

Edited by eandj

We took, like most the others, the Carrie B paddle wheeler thru the inland waterways. We had just disembarked the Island from San Francisco.

Now as a review, I would say it was good overall. The bus ride part around town was more a stall for time while we waited for our boarding time to get on the boat. The bus host (female german accent) was nice albeit a bit pushy/militant with the rules. The boat ride was very nice and I took a ton of pictures.

When we were being dropped off at the Ft Lauderdale airport, the host made sure to tell us that tips to her and the driver would be separate and they both stood in a "conga line" outside the bus door to catch every one of those tips too.

Edited by MTJSR

Would agree with those who have recommended Las Olas Blvd. Lots to see and do. Great shops, restaurants and bars. I would also recommend the Bonnet House. We did a day in Ft. Lauderdale before a cruise last March and really enjoyed this quiet place. We had a car; but I am sure a cab would be an option. Cost is $20 per person for the house tour which lasts about 1 1/2 hours. $16 for ages 6-12, under 6 are free. Here is a link for more information.

http://www.bonnethouse.org