Anyone know of an S Class ship that did not give drink vouchers to elite

FLJudi

We're traveling on the Silhouette transatlantic in October with nine close friends, none of whom are Captains Club members. We will probably meet for drinks somewhere before dinner. Trying to decide whether or not to get a beverage package. If we get the three vouchers it may not pay to get the package. We can pay as we go the rest of the day. Suggestions?

Why not wait and if they don't use vouchers on your cruise, then buy the drink package. It's actually rare that they use vouchers...but your odds are better on a transatlantic where there are a large number of elites but there's No way to really know before you get on the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by ghstudio

The use of vouchers has less to do about what actual ship your sailing on and more to do with how many elite, elite plus and up type of guests on your specific sailing. That will determine whether vouchers are used. An better example may be a certain type of sailing may attract more elites than other types of sailings, such as a transatlantic.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

The use of vouchers has less to do about what actual ship your sailing on and more to do with how many elite, elite plus and up type of guests on your specific sailing. That will determine whether vouchers are used. An better example may be a certain type of sailing may attract more elites than other types of sailings, such as a transatlantic.

Additionally, the use of vouchers is the last option. Also, I may be wrong but haven't noticed or seen anyone reporting they used vouchers recently.

As noted, transatlantics tend to get large numbers of Elite/Elite+/Zeniths. If you are looking at a transatlantic on any ship, you are likely to find vouchers in use.

As to a non-transatlantic, there were vouchers on Eclipse in December. I think that the two-week itineraries are also very popular with Elite/Elite+/Zeniths and you'll be likely to find vouchers anytime you sail on Eclipse in the Caribbean.

Also affected by the Sky lounge being hired out for private "art" viewings, group functions etc. etc.

To answer the OPs question, our Sept/ Oct Canaries cruise on Eclipse didn't have vouchers.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Vouchers would most likely be used on a TA, but there is no guarantee. I've seen two types of vouchers: (1) Can only be used for drinks on the regular Elite Hour menu; (2) Can be used for any drink up to $8 per serving. Vouchers only good from 5-7 pm on days when the Elite Hour is held. They cannot be used throughout the day and that's why a drink package may be a choice for some.

Note: It is rare, but I've twice seen servers ask for a Seapass Card when a voucher was used. They were told to do this to discourage the misuse of the vouchers.

Edited by Orator

Fingers crossed my upcoming TA includes vouchers as on last spring's Eclipse TA.

Although I really enjoyed mingling with fellow Elites in the Sky Lounge, I liked the choice of being able to enjoy a cocktail in other lounges with non-Elite friends or bringing back to my cabin to enjoy on my balcony "pre-shower" ;).

Oh, and hard to beat a cocktail at the Sunset Bar at, well, sunset! :D