RCI Scrap Dynamic Dining

Thanks.

I appreciate the hardware (dining rooms) are unlikely to change, but I read it as the 'system' (Dynamic Dining') will.

How can you have 'rotational' and 'flexible' on offer at the same time?

Very simple. Just set aside a number of seats in each dinning room for those doing rotational dining. The new term is classic dining. All the remaining seats are for 'flexible' dining. Probably be a limited number of seats and only available at specific times. Think early/late seating option. RCI management has been very clear that classic dining is an option within dynamic dining.

Thanks.

I appreciate the hardware (dining rooms) are unlikely to change, but I read it as the 'system' (Dynamic Dining') will.

How can you have 'rotational' and 'flexible' on offer at the same time?

It's an option within DD. Here's a video of Michael Bayley explaining it:

(Thanks to whoever originally posted the video on here!)

Is this new classic dining option something for just Quantum and Anthem or will Oasis get it also?

Even though it's better having this new option the menus in the restaurants will be the same which wasn't great for non fish/seafood or picky eaters. If they have an alternative menu that will also be offered in each restaurant like the MDR had then I think this new option would be good. Atleast RCCL is listening and realize some of their loyal passengers prefer traditional.

Is this new classic dining option something for just Quantum and Anthem or will Oasis get it also?

Even though it's better having this new option the menus in the restaurants will be the same which wasn't great for non fish/seafood or picky eaters. If they have an alternative menu that will also be offered in each restaurant like the MDR had then I think this new option would be good. Atleast RCCL is listening and realize some of their loyal passengers prefer traditional.

Officially, it doesn't exist yet, but when it is formally announced (the video doesn't really constitute an "official" announcement, even though it was made by the CEO), I suspect it will be applied to all ships that offer DD.

I also suspect that the menu's in the venue won't change based on the guest being regular DD or those doing "Classic", just that your serving staff and tablemates will go around with you to the different venues.

I hope they aren't scrapping DD. I loved it on the Quantum NYE cruise. I'll be back on quantum in a week and can't wait for DD. The only issue on the NYE cruise what the whining of the very vocal minority d+ cruisers. It is a very different concept. It wasn't a surprise. Fans of traditional dining should have found another ship.

I'm embarrassed of the whining of many of my fellow D+ cruisers

I hope they aren't scrapping DD. I loved it on the Quantum NYE cruise. I'll be back on quantum in a week and can't wait for DD. The only issue on the NYE cruise what the whining of the very vocal minority d+ cruisers. It is a very different concept. It wasn't a surprise. Fans of traditional dining should have found another ship.

I'm embarrassed of the whining of many of my fellow D+ cruisers

You should definitely watch the video, but it indicates they are not scrapping DD, but offering an additional option to DD for those that prefer the "Traditional" style of dining (same table, same wait staff).

You should definitely watch the video, but it indicates they are not scrapping DD, but offering an additional option to DD for those that prefer the "Traditional" style of dining (same table, same wait staff).

I hope they aren't scrapping it. I felt embarassed after the 2 D+ cruisers harassing Captain Gus for 30 minutess at the end of the Captains talk. Their biggest complaint was that DD was different from traditional dining -- of course it is. RCI always claimied the ship was different. Stop complaining and go somewhere else. Don't act surprised when Quantum is different and DD is not traditional dining.

I guess RCI can try to satisify these "Rigid Diners (RD);" however I suggest one of their may traditional dining ships for these whiners.

~Sin

Enbarassed D+

Yes, the video-which is the best proof to this yet, does say it will be an addition to DD.

I have not sailed on a ship with DD yet so my question is-do they still offer MTD???

puppers- 'any time dining' is actually called 'My time dining' that they do have on EOS. you are supposed to be able to walk in at anytime or make reservations. A certain section of the main dining room is set aside for passengers that want that form of dining.

Officially, it doesn't exist yet, but when it is formally announced (the video doesn't really constitute an "official" announcement, even though it was made by the CEO), I suspect it will be applied to all ships that offer DD.

I also suspect that the menu's in the venue won't change based on the guest being regular DD or those doing "Classic", just that your serving staff and tablemates will go around with you to the different venues.

So if menu doesn't change then basically equal to Dynamic Dining but you are told which restaurant to go to (which would balance the load better) and you get the same waiters and table mates. Right? Or is it closer to traditional where you have a set eating time?

Edited by LuCruise

So if menu doesn't change then basically equal to Dynamic Dining but you are told which restaurant to go to (which would balance the load better) and you get the same waiters and table mates. Right? Or is it closer to traditional where you have a set eating time?

It's both.

Classic diners will have a set seating time. Right now Bayley said early seating and I personally think that they will offer both early and late seating. Same table location in each of the 4 restaurants, same waiters and same dining times each night. The only thing that changes is the restaurant and the menu.

It's both.

Classic diners will have a set seating time. Right now Bayley said early seating and I personally think that they will offer both early and late seating. Same table location in each of the 4 restaurants, same waiters and same dining times each night. The only thing that changes is the restaurant and the menu.

Sounds like traditional to me then with changing dining rooms/restaurants....not like Dynamic if you cannot book your time or restaurant (outside of early or late). Makes it very difficult when show times are all over the place.

Edited by LuCruise

DD dining was a way to force you into paying for dinner.We will not sale on any Royal ship without a MDR or one that has DD dining.That is our opinion.:mad:

Sounds like traditional to me then with changing dining rooms/restaurants....not like Dynamic if you cannot book your time or restaurant (outside of early or late). Makes it very difficult when show times are all over the place.

This new thing is an OPTION for those who like traditional dining. The regular DD will still be there!

Those who want to have their cake and eat it too will need to decide what's most important to them: Not having to worry about dinner reservations, or getting to schedule dining each night at a time they prefer based on showtimes. Although I suspect if you have the early seating for classic dining, you'll probably be able to make most of the shows, which I don't think usually start til around 8:00.?? I'm not sure about those times though, as we rarely go to any shows.

That's why I asked if they would still even offer MTD with those two options being offered :confused:

Dynamic Dining is, by definition, MTD (although they don't call it that on ships that have DD), in that you eat where you want, when you want, but instead of being restricted to one "main dining room" to go to, you have a choice of 4 complimentary restaurants to choose from.

Not sure how you get complicated and confusing.:confused: Now you can make 1 selection and all your dinner reservations are done, no need to to anything else. Very similar to traditional dining.

It's not confusing in itself. I think it is confusing that there is now Traditional dining, MTD, Family dining, DD, and now Rotational dining. There are different options on different ships but I think it's confusing across the brand.

Plus you have to deal with scheduling entertainment. It just seems harder than it has to be.

The different titles for dining options on RCI confuses me. On Navigator of the Seas we have been assigned early seating. I hope this means we are in the MDR at the same table each evening.

I understand rotational, because I have cruised on Disney. I think I know what anytime dining is, because I have dined Freestyle on NCL. But put them all together on one ship and I get confused.