Suite v Haven

Froggitt

Whats the difference between a 2 bed suite and a 2 bed haven suite on Jewel class? Not just the room but also the benefits.

The difference is the Haven room lets you access the Haven area on the ship. The suite does not. Pretty much all else the same. Both still get breakfast/lunch in Cagneys or Moderno where they have made that change.

My dh and I were in the aft breakaway . Very long walk to haven.would do it again.the food in the haven dinning room is different and exceptional.in addition ,very quiet and leaving from. Ny you have the indoor pool and seating areas.

Edited by mberli

Whats the difference between a 2 bed suite and a 2 bed haven suite on Jewel class? Not just the room but also the benefits.

I've done Haven 2 bedroom on the Jewel and regular 2 bedroom on the Gem. Same room - no noticeable size difference even on the balcony. The only perks difference is that you get Haven access - and your room key will work the special elevators to get up there. You get invited to all the same parties, etc.

The only difference I noticed was that in the Haven room the concierge would show up to see if we needed anything. Non-Haven concierge showed up once but called to check on us daily if we didn't see him. That was 2 different concierge(s) though so maybe a personal style thing.

I like to take part in a lot of activities versus lounging by the pool so not being in the Haven was no big deal to me - I didn't use it a lot.

I've done Haven 2 bedroom on the Jewel and regular 2 bedroom on the Gem. Same room - no noticeable size difference even on the balcony. The only perks difference is that you get Haven access - and your room key will work the special elevators to get up there. You get invited to all the same parties, etc.

The only difference I noticed was that in the Haven room the concierge would show up to see if we needed anything. Non-Haven concierge showed up once but called to check on us daily if we didn't see him. That was 2 different concierge(s) though so maybe a personal style thing.

I like to take part in a lot of activities versus lounging by the pool so not being in the Haven was no big deal to me - I didn't use it a lot.

It's a personal style thing. We've had different concierges while cruising in the same non-Haven suite class on the same ship and sometimes we've gotten personal visits, sometimes not.

Edited by njhorseman

No.

Perhaps you were confused by the post above about the Breakaway. There are no non-Haven suites on the Breakaway.

No the non-Haven suites do not have access to the Haven area itself

This is exactly what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

We had our first suite experience last week on the Dawn which, of course, does not have a Haven. Now we would like to get one again and there's a big difference in price on the Jewel class ships, so we're thinking of a non-Haven suite so we still get to eat in Cagney's for lunch & dinner and, as we don't particularly like to just sit out, not too worried about access to the Haven.

This is exactly what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

We had our first suite experience last week on the Dawn which, of course, does not have a Haven. Now we would like to get one again and there's a big difference in price on the Jewel class ships, so we're thinking of a non-Haven suite so we still get to eat in Cagney's for lunch & dinner and, as we don't particularly like to just sit out, not too worried about access to the Haven.

The only time I have been in a suite was a Haven Suite on the Pearl, and whilst we quite enjoyed being able to sit in the Haven, I don't think it is even close to being worth the extra fare for us.

Having said that, we're not all that typical when it comes to this, because we weren't massively fussed about the whole suite experience. The room was nice, but we didn't think the extras were worth the money. We've since sailed 3 more times in balconies and mini suites and if anything we've enjoyed those cruises more.

One thing we did notice when we were on the Jade last year was that without the Haven we got to spend more time in the other public areas. We missed a lot on the Pearl.

Just wondering about the Epic. We were in an aft suite the first year and we did have access to what is now called the Haven. It wasn't called that then in 2010 but we did have full access. Not that I would sail on the Epic again but do the aft suites there no longer get haven access?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just wondering about the Epic. We were in an aft suite the first year and we did have access to what is now called the Haven. It wasn't called that then in 2010 but we did have full access. Not that I would sail on the Epic again but do the aft suites there no longer get haven access?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All suites on the Epic have Haven access.