We didn't make it

weregoingcruising

We missed the first half of our b2b yesterday. Our flight out of chicago was was cancelled sunday and our backup flight was also cancelled monday am.:) We will get on for second half this saturday. We had insurance thru Celebrity which gave us a choice of $500 trip delay coverage to catch ship 2 days later in Cuzumel or 75% of cruise cost in credit for another cruise. It being a 5 night cruise were taking the credit. We made our own airline arrangements using Southwest points so no loss there. Just rebooked each flight without any penalties. We never left home so we wern't stuck at airport. Glad it wasn't reversed and get off ship to find stuck there for 2 days. Feel sorry for all the people who did get stuck.

Edited by weregoingcruising

What is interesting is if you have booked your air thru Celebrity they would have covered everything without insurance. Do agree that getting in a day ahead is about 99% guaranteed to get you there on time.

I beleive they will only assist you to make alternative flights your responsible to pay for. I base this on calling them and asking what they would do in my situation if I had purchased air from them.

Edited by weregoingcruising

Sounds like you did it all right, except maybe winter in Chicago one day isn't enough I'm not sure how often flights are cancelled there at this time of year.

It really shows why insurance is a must have.

I beleive they will only assist you to make alternative flights your responsible to pay for. I base this on calling them and asking what they would do in my situation if I had purchased air from them.

We missed a Caribbean cruise some years ago due to a delayed flight (a bunch of the "Blue flu"). Choice Air arranged for another flight, hotel, air to the next port, meals, and we received a proportionate refund on our cruise.

That's what I was wondering??? If they had insurance why just 75% and a credit for future cruise??

Cancel for any reason 75% for future cruise good for 1 year. Medical and death benefit s 100% returned in cash. A copy of Celebrity Cruise Care insurance policy can be found on their site. I understood these conditions when I bought this policy. Other policies return nothing if you cancel for any reason.

Thanks for the explanation. Since your common carrier was unable to get you to port, I'm surprised that CruiseCare called it cancel for any reason, then I read the policy. Sad that you missed part of the cruise. Hopefully you'll get to use the credit soon! Good luck making the next leg!

Cancel for any reason 75% for future cruise good for 1 year. Medical and death benefit s 100% returned in cash. A copy of Celebrity Cruise Care insurance policy can be found on their site. I understood these conditions when I bought this policy. Other policies return nothing if you cancel for any reason.

Thanks for the explanation. We always buy insurance but never the "cancel for any reason". Good information to know. Happy cruising.

Thanks for the explanation. We always buy insurance but never the "cancel for any reason". Good information to know. Happy cruising.

The policy states you have call TA you booked with and have them cancel it. It was a very simple claim form to fill out. One page of questions and one for you to sign. Required copy of booking info showing cost and date of deposit with insurance on it. Copy of final payment made.

Glad I use trip insurance store dot com. I may not want credit but need reimbursement. I'll deal with my later cruise later. That's not right.

I never understand why one buys a cruise line policy.

Edited by blindrid

We missed the first half of our b2b yesterday. Our flight out of chicago was was cancelled sunday and our backup flight was also cancelled monday am.:) We will get on for second half this saturday. We had insurance thru Celebrity which gave us a choice of $500 trip delay coverage to catch ship 2 days later in Cuzumel or 75% of cruise cost in credit for another cruise. It being a 5 night cruise were taking the credit. We made our own airline arrangements using Southwest points so no loss there. Just rebooked each flight without any penalties. We never left home so we wern't stuck at airport. Glad it wasn't reversed and get off ship to find stuck there for 2 days. Feel sorry for all the people who did get stuck.

OH NOOOOOOOOOOO!

So sorry to hear it Nick! We need to talk insurance.

Did you check with the credit card company you used to pay for the cruise? Most Visa/Mastercards have trip delay/cancellation policys iincluded for free. Maybe you can get refunded for the portion you lost. After reading documentation from my new Visa last week I was wondering if I should even buy insurance for my next cruise.