Deployment Schedule 2016-2017. Let the guessing begin

Cruzin-K

The inlet at Port Douglas is nowhere near big enough for a cruise ship of Voyager's size, is it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good question.

If they are building something at Port Douglas that is a dock I guess they would want it big enough to take Ovation of the Seas.

The Ovation repo from Singapore to Sydney has been chartered to one large travel agent to sell, they in turn have yet to release details and bookings for that sailing, which in turn results in nothing else for later sailings being released by RCL I guess.

Rubbish way of doing things as bookings from non Australian guests will almost certainly suffer from having to book in AUD and having exchange rate issues, but not surprised by anything the RCCL family does these days.

By the way, Radiance will be doing NZ cruises early 2017, so I don't think you can assume Ovation will do that itinerary.

It is RCL that are delaying the release of the AUS sailings for Ovation not the travel company who have booked the charter of the Singapore to Sydney sailing. There are problems with booking berths in NZ for Ovation which has caused the delay. I heard a couple of weeks ago 18 June was the release but that now be later in the month.

Edited by Cruisegroover
word left out.

It is RCL that are delaying the release of the AUS sailings for Ovation not the travel company who have booked the charter of the Singapore to Sydney sailing. There are problems with booking berths in NZ for Ovation which has caused the delay. I heard a couple of weeks ago 18 June was the release but that now be later in the month.

The Ovation charter does not go to New Zealand. The music charter from Brisbane in November 2016 on Legend of the Seas was on sale before any deployment of Royal ships worldwide for 16/17.

All this delay in releasing itineraries and a good deal bookable in the UK prompted us to book Radiance, Sydney to NZ including to Tongan ports which only feature on that one Dec '16 sailing. Ovation can wait awhile.

The Ovation charter does not go to New Zealand. The music charter from Brisbane in November 2016 on Legend of the Seas was on sale before any deployment of Royal ships worldwide for 16/17.

For the charter Singapore to Sydney I've seen berth bookings for Fremantle, Adelaide and Melbourne as whether it stops elsewhere in WA or Bali who would know but not enough time for NZ stops. The question is whether NZ is included in any of the other sailings from Sydney given the Auckland issues.

The Explorer and Radiance Transpacific and HNL to VAN for spring 2017 are uploaded!

Indeed, and it does describe how Explorer is going to get to Seattle without violating the PVSA: she will only visit HI, and not embark/disembark passengers there (24 day trans-Pacific voyage).

The Explorer and Radiance Transpacific and HNL to VAN for spring 2017 are uploaded!

Going to look now, thanks!:D

Looked at the Radiance out of HI. Have wanted to front end this one with Alaska for a while now. Prices are a little crazy, almost $200pp/pn for an ocean view (F)(really wanted a D1 but wow and I don't mean Royal's kind of wow). Guess I'll have to think long and hard about these kinds of prices.

Just looked at both Explorer 24 nighters and there doesn't seem to be any D1's available. Any ideas why?

Are you trying to book with 2 people? Royal has limited D1s on some ships to 3 or more guests.

Are you trying to book with 2 people? Royal has limited D1s on some ships to 3 or more guests.

I tried a few TA sites and the don't have any available either. I did it for 2 people. Might call tomorrow and see whats up

While I was on the phone with my TA, Royal loaded the 30/30 for Radiance HI to Vancouver 2017. So, prices still high but decided to go ahead. We grabbed our favorite D1 aft. Now we wait for Alaska '17 to come out.

Yep, now the prices are in the "ouch but doable" range. We pulled the trigger. :)

Yep, now the prices are in the "ouch but doable" range. We pulled the trigger. :)

Hi Karen,

As you know we've been looking for this one to be released. When it appeared this morning at a shocking price, we called RCI and inquired about the 30% discount and were told to keep checking. We also pulled the trigger this afternoon once the 30% discount kicked in. :D Looking forward to sailing with you and Pete again. :)

Steve & Mike

Hi Karen,

As you know we've been looking for this one to be released. When it appeared this morning at a shocking price, we called RCI and inquired about the 30% discount and were told to keep checking. We also pulled the trigger this afternoon once the 30% discount kicked in. :D Looking forward to sailing with you and Pete again. :)

Steve & Mike

Great news, I do remember, and I wish the sailing had opened when we were all on Jewel. No OBC or reduced deposit for us. :( But, hey, it's Hawaii -- Aloha. :D

--Forgot to mention -- we have a roll call thread going, come on over and join us!

Edited by travelgoddess1

Great news, I do remember, and I wish the sailing had opened when we were all on Jewel. No OBC or reduced deposit for us. :( But, hey, it's Hawaii -- Aloha. :D

--Forgot to mention -- we have a roll call thread going, come on over and join us!

I was lucky enough to still have a few golden tickets. Zandra and I had purchased six of them just two months before they changed the policy and still had a couple. So we keep a few of the new ones just to safeguard the old ones and try to only use the old ones on longer cruises. This one barely made the qualification on length. If only I could talk here into the Tran-Pacific that would be a good one for a ticket.

I was lucky enough to still have a few golden tickets. Zandra and I had purchased six of them just two months before they changed the policy and still had a couple. So we keep a few of the new ones just to safeguard the old ones and try to only use the old ones on longer cruises. This one barely made the qualification on length. If only I could talk here into the Tran-Pacific that would be a good one for a ticket.

Not having any of the "golden tickets" left, we decided to go with a TA. Fortunately the agency was generous. So now we just wait. :) The two overnight stops on this itinerary make it particularly nice -- especially the one in Kauai. But without the 30% discount being made applicable we'd have had to skip this one since it's still a bit high.

Mike & Steve

Decided not "doable" for solo. Even a BOGO half would help. About twice what I paid last Sept on Rhapsody.

Was just discussing that with the DW this morning. We know several who might want to book this cruise but the 30/30 just doesn't do it for singles. Maybe they will do another kind of sale later.